Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Can I Still Make A 1st Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Make A 1st Class (2665 Views)

Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx / Obasanjo’s Bells University Graduates 21 Students With 1st Class Degrees / Precious Oyelade Made 1st-class In Cambridge With Her Nollywood-based Thesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Make A 1st Class by abayomi93(m): 7:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Helo,I am an undergraduate of a federal university in western Nigeria.I am studyn a 5years course,and I just saw my 1st semester 100level result.I had a gpa of 3.07;I made 3A's nd a B,bt d reamining 3 results soiled my dreams being E's .pls,I wish 2 make a 1st class nd I bliv I can do it. Cus d same way I prepard nd got those A's was hw I prepard for d ones dat fuckd me.may be d lecturers just did wat dy liked with d markings,bcus I knw my abilities.just need your views pls
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by yorex2011: 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
yes you can..just try ur possible best..so dat at d end of evrything, whatever u come out with,you'll knw u put in ur very best..wish u the best
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
First semester result n u re asking if yu can still make first class.. Just improve on ur result in the second semester.
Note: Potential First class students maintain a GPA of atleast 4.5 every semester. So get that into ur head and work towards that every semester..
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by oieda: 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
Do the math for the remaining semesters so you will come up with your minimum target GPA for each semester to make it up to a first class CGPA in your final semester.

You could purposely add a year and take easy heavy credit units courses. Know of people who did that to enter their desired graduating class of degree.

SUMMARY - Don't just wish it and work hard. Sit down, calculate and know what it takes!
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by abayomi93(m): 5:32am On Sep 13, 2014
Oky thanks a lot guys
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by kbshow100(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2014
OP, I'm sorry to say this, don't let anyone decieve you, first class is way above you. 2.1 can't not even be guarantee for you. First class is ment for A type of student in which you are not ( its obvious from your current GP). To be a first class, u have to be extremely good and lucky. First class student don't settle for B's. It either A's or nothing.
For you case now, just pray for 2.1 (u might need the help of TB joshua). Because your beggining usually determine how end looks like
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 13, 2014
You can still make a first class,just try and make 4.80 GPAs in the remaining 9 semesters you have and don't forget to pray too.
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by dnacrystal: 8:50am On Sep 13, 2014
kbshow100: OP, I'm sorry to say this, don't let anyone decieve you, first class is way above you. 2.1 can't not even be guarantee for you. First class is ment for A type of student in which you are not ( its obvious from your current GP). To be a first class, u have to be extremely good and lucky. First class student don't settle for B's. It either A's or nothing.
For you case now, just pray for 2.1 (u might need the help of TB joshua). Because your beggining usually determine how end looks like
This is just the first semester out of five years. There is still hope without TB Joshua if he buckles up to start getting As henceforth. What makes you think he can't make it again undecided
kbshow100: OP, I'm sorry to say this, don't let anyone decieve you, first class is way above you. 2.1 can't not even be guarantee for you. First class is ment for A type of student in which you are not ( its obvious from your current GP). To be a first class, u have to be extremely good and lucky. First class student don't settle for B's. It either A's or nothing.
This is just the first semester out of five years. There is still hope without TB Joshua if he buckles up to start getting As henceforth. What makes you think he can't make it again? Experience? Then he doesn't have to go through the same if he buckles up.
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by EMMANTOP1(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2014
Make GOD UR FRIEND and work hard, THE BEST IS CERTAIN.
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by abayomi93(m): 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
I blieve I can do it.I am an A student.the subject dat messed me up were d ones I knw best.sometimes I tink d lectures gave d paper 2 d some senior studntd 2 mark nd those ones just markd rubbish.bcus if I cud make 3 A's in other course why d low grades in others wen I knw what I wrote.I think I will add alot of prayers 2 my hardwork.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
abayomi93: I blieve I can do it.I am an A student.the subject dat messed me up were d ones I knw best.sometimes I tink d lectures gave d paper 2 d some senior studntd 2 mark nd those ones just markd rubbish.bcus if I cud make 3 A's in other course why d low grades in others wen I knw what I wrote.I think I will add alot of prayers 2 my hardwork.
I hate it when students blame lecturers for their failure, wake up boy!!
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by usaefat(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
[quote author=abayomi93]I blieve I can do it.I am an A student.the subject dat messed me up were d ones I knw best.sometimes I tink d lectures gave d paper 2 d some senior studntd 2 mark nd those ones just markd rubbish.bcus if I cud make 3 A's in other course why d low grades in others wen I knw what I wrote.I think I will add alot of prayers 2 my hardwork. [/quote

Yea... Been there, done that..
It happened to me while in the polytechnic. I had just seen my first result and i was devastated. I made 3As 3Bs 2Cs n 3Ds... Funny enough, the courses whre i had Ds wre GNS courses (PHE,citizenship n eng!)... Even my friends were amazed, nobody believed it..i was no. 10 on the upper credit list.. But i had to activate my spiritual mind and said 'thank God'..

I had tall dreams and a vision of where i was going. Since then and up until the time i graduated, i led my class and finished 2nd on the department's distinction list! I made those conviction of urs too and i nailed it!

But u were right about something... U see when my grade flew to the top, i became lecturer's fav. It was like secondary school again and i was oppoutuned to mark students' exam script.. Unlike me, many dudes who mark for other lecturers are mostly from other desciplines, n had no idea of whateva course they were marking. And i soon unraveled the reason why i had those Cs and Ds

In a nutshell ur resolve is great, so u should nail it with consistent hard work n prayers. Yea thats it, ur best must be enough. U'll definitely get thre. U know, when u aim for the stars theres no way ure going to miss n it wont leave an effect on u.

Pple will say sorts, but keep going.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by abayomi93(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
Strength is coming
Re: Can I Still Make A 1st Class by glacius: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
D company u keep ll either make or break u, I bliv dis to be true, but d loophole is ur resolve, character n attitude. U'll do fyn, others ve overcome worse.

(1) (Reply)

ATBU 2016/17 Aspirants Thread / What Happened To Kano State Govt Schools Waec Results? / Ebsu 2017/2018 Aspirants' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.