Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,842 members, 7,817,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members (1425 Views)

Nairaland Members You've Met Or Would Like To Meet / Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. / Two New Rules For Active Nairaland Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Odeku(m): 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2006
This goes out to all the scammers or what ever you are known as. it's not OK for a total stranger to email other members for no reasons. I received at least 5 instant messages daily from strangers from this forum stating they just want to say hi. I have no intention of talking to a total stranger that I don't know and please stop emailing or sending instant messages to me and other member.
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Seun(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2006
Common sense dictates that you should block your email address from being displayed and remove your Yahoo messenger contact details from your profile if you don't want people to contact you. Simple common sense.
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by iice(f): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2006
For real oh
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Olumide7(m): 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2006
way to go Seun, wetin dey do the guy sef?
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by ikamefa(f): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2006
Olumide7:

way to go Seun, wetin dey do the guy sef?

i know sey this guy go hear am today! today! grin
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Skidoc(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2006
You are all harsh!
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Olumide7(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2006
Is that why he should start blabbing? Is he the only one that has an e-mail adress?
The guy dey vex me!!!!
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by iice(f): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2006
Olumide7:

Is that why he should start blabbing? Is he the only one that has an e-mail adress?
The guy dey vex me!!!!
LMAO true oh, we all get our share of the whole thing, na just 2 do what u gas 2 do
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by kajad(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2006
Seun:

Common sense dictates that you should block your email address from being displayed and remove your Yahoo messenger contact details from your profile if you don't want people to contact you. Simple common sense.

Common Sense is not always that common.
Maybe he took some bottles of 'Odeku' b/4 writing
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by edygirl(f): 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2006
" grin"
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Eurphoria(f): 10:54am On Aug 03, 2006
Typical Nigerian attitude on display here

you all know it is wrong that strangers spam members, yet when one person decides to be practical and do something by telling them to stop and bringing it to other's attnetion, you all start chatting crap, like some one said ''is he the only one with an email address?'' sheeeessh! have a word!

Thats why Nigeria is the way it is, ppl accept anti social behaviour and tear down those who choose to speak out.

Yes he should take his email off the public domain, now he knows. Still he is not doing a bad thing by making this thread.

This mentality is so stupid and so bloody annoying, start changing your mind set guys
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Olumide7(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2006
*hisses, disguted by eurphoria's post*
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by neelsel(f): 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2006
Honestly, I don't see any danger in someone sending you an instant message. Now if they person decides to get out of order then the person who receives the message has all right to block or spam that individual. We are making a big deal out of nothing.
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by kajad(m): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2006
Olumide7:

*hisses, disguted by euphoria's post*

I Follow you Hiss my brother!
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by mrmayor(m): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2006
Odeku,

The whole point of revealing your email address and YIM/MSN Id's is you don't mind being contacted outside this forum,I have met a few like minded people from this forum and some stupid ones as well.The whole experience has being quite revealing as to who we meet just from being a member here.I don't regret revealing my details here.

If you don't wish any contact remove your details from your profile.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Oracle(m): 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2006
This is really funny,
my email address is actually available on my profile and i get a lot of people trying to hook up.
if you feel this is stressing then simply hide your id like seun has said.
itz not worth posting a topic and filling up nairaland's memory
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by dafman(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2006
Not again, when will people stop posting topics like this.

(1) There is totally nothing wrong with someone wanting to make friends with you.
(2) If you don't want to be friends then tell the person, i'm sure he/she will leave you alone. Not posting it in the forum, afterall the person did not post a topic wanting to say hi on the forum
(3) There are lots of people on this forum that have made friends through the medium you're castigating
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by Odeku(m): 4:02am On Aug 09, 2006
Eurphoria thank you for been supportive of my view, some people are so shallow minded in Nigeria and abroad that no matter what you say or do, they stick to their primitive way of thinking. just because my email and other members email is posted doesn't mean you can bombard me or solicit help from a total stranger. Prime example, you don't just go to peoples house uninvited in a civilized environment you don't go knocking on someones door in a strange neighborhood because their name and address is on their mail box, except you are Jehovah's witness.
Re: Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members by babyathome(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2006
I think u should just let it be cos u've been told what to do instead of prolonging the issue with other post. Babyathome

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Know When You Are In Love / Naija Facebook Just Lunched / I'm Out Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.