Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance (131712 Views)

No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones / Things You’ll Learn In Your First Year Of Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2014
MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA IN RATED ORDER:

1. Medicine/Surgery: Is the medical science that deals with the study of the human body structure called anatomy, and the various functions of the body called physiology with the aim of healing of mal-functions through drugs. This indeed is the mother of medical courses. With branches in pediatics, obstetrics/gynaecology, radiology, internal medicine, community health, cardiology.

5. Dentistry: medical science which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disease of mouth with reference to teeth. With branches in periodontology, orthodontics, oral pathology, dental radiology, paededonties, prosthetic.

2. Pharmacy: deals with study of drugs, manufacture of drugs and sales with dispensary of such drugs. This i termed second best with branches in pharmacology, clinical pharmacy, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry.

4. Medical Laboratory Science:A medical laboratory scientist (MLS) (also referred to as a medical technologist, a clinical scientist, or clinical laboratory technologist) is a healthcare professional who performs chemical, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, and bacteriological diagnostic analyses on body fluids such as blood, urine, sputum, stool, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, and synovial fluid, as well as other specimens. Medical laboratory scientists work in clinical laboratories at hospitals, physician's offices, reference labs, biotechnology labs and non-clinical industrial labs.

3. Nursing: a medical science that deals with the treatment and care of patients. Also specialize in delivery of babies. It is very promising with branches in midwifery, anaesthetic, general nursing etc.

7.physiology: the study of the functions of the body

8. Optometry: a medical science that deals with the study and care for
the eye.

9. Human anatomy: deals with the study of the structure of the human body.

12. Veterinary Medicine: is the branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and
treatment of disease, disorder and injury in animals. The scope of veterinary medicine is wide, covering
all animal species, both domesticated and wild, with a wide range of conditions which can affect
different species.

10.Biochemistry: the branch of science concerned with the
chemical and physicochemical processes that occur
within living organisms.

11.Microbiology:special area of biology that deals with the study of micro-organisms, it's interaction and relationship with the environs and also activities with the living beings. It is very vast and promising with branches in. Food microb., chem. Microb., ind. Microb., pet. Microb., med. lab., pharmaceutical, microb.. 10. Radiography: the science dealing with X-rays and other high-
energy radiation, especially the use of such
radiation for the diagnosis and treatment of
disease.

13. Medical Rehabilitation:

6. Physiotheraphy: simply physical theraphy.
That's my own view on dis. Have u got a divergent view?
Please share!

Please i'm very sorry for the numbering. And my phone can't make the corrections. So any good citizen can help me with it. Just quote it and correct it. Correct it in quote. Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by weezii(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2014
Adjust your numbering bro
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by thorpido(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2014
Why didn't you google some of the courses you listed so you can have more knowledge about them?
I speak of physiotherapy especially.

1 Like

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2014
thorpido: Why didn't you google some of the courses you listed so you can have more knowledge about them?
I speak of physiotherapy especially.
i needed to reduce the write-up thats why.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 9:10am On Sep 13, 2014
weezii: Adjust your numbering bro
i'll try to
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by sainty2k3(m): 9:59am On Sep 13, 2014
I disagree with position of nursing(especially if u mean Bsc or Bnsc) they should be higher, may be by one step or two. I'll put it as med&surg,Dentistry,nursing ,pharm. Or reverse the pharm and nursing

3 Likes

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Dannylux: 10:34am On Sep 13, 2014
You obviously have little or zero knowledge about Physiotherapy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 10:42am On Sep 13, 2014
sainty2k3: I disagree with position of nursing(especially if u mean Bsc or Bnsc) they should be higher, may be by one step or two. I'll put it as med&surg,Dentistry,nursing ,pharm. Or reverse the pharm and nursing
hmmmm its dat what u think
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 10:43am On Sep 13, 2014
Dannylux: You obviously have little or zero knowledge about Physiotherapy.
really?

Ok sir. Why don't u clear me up?

1 Like

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Dannylux: 10:50am On Sep 13, 2014
Doclight: really?

Ok sir. Why don't u clear me up?

I advise you use Google for proper indoctrination.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2014
Dannylux:

I advise you use Google for proper indoctrination.
i have. I just need ur own pace.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by christejames(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2014
What about Agbopharmacology and other native medicine, i tell you, those guys have been curing naija ailment since eons... No be yesterday this oyinbo medicine enter our backyard? *wink* on a serious note, Veterinary medicine should either be number 1 or 2 on that list. That course is so rigorous, those guys study different animals anatomy. (your list is ok though if only u are talkin about job opportunities)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2014
christejames: What about Agbopharmacology and other native medicine, i tell you, those guys have been curing naija ailment since eons... No be yesterday this oyinbo medicine enter our backyard? *wink* on a serious note, Veterinary medicine should either be number 1 or 2 on that list. That course is so rigorous, those guys study different animals anatomy. (your list is ok though if only u are talkin about job opportunities)
hmmmmmm thanks.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by christejames(m): 11:21am On Sep 13, 2014
Doclight: hmmmmmm thanks.
you are welcome bro. Just try and rearrange the ranking in an apt order.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by femidejulius(m): 11:30am On Sep 13, 2014
Here me o ye OP...
None is more relevant than the odas. They all do different jobs and they all depend on each odas for optimum performance.

All profession is equally important. Imagine a world without farmers or a world without teachers or a world without journalists. Yet, we often think these people are less important.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Why is Physiology written in small letters
or whatchu tryna tell us is that it ain't relevant huh? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Josh1000: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
Doclight: MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA IN RATED ORDER:

1. Medicine/Surgery: Is the medical science that deals with the study of the human body structure called anatomy, and the various functions of the body called physiology with the aim of healing of mal-functions through drugs. This indeed is the mother of medical courses. With branches in pediatics, obstetrics/gynaecology, radiology, internal medicine, community health, cardiology.

5. Dentistry: medical science which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disease of mouth with reference to teeth. With branches in periodontology, orthodontics, oral pathology, dental radiology, paededonties, prosthetic.

2. Pharmacy: deals with study of drugs, manufacture of drugs and sales with dispensary of such drugs. This i termed second best with branches in pharmacology, clinical pharmacy, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry.

4. Medical Laboratory Science:A medical laboratory scientist (MLS) (also referred to as a medical technologist, a clinical scientist, or clinical laboratory technologist) is a healthcare professional who performs chemical, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, and bacteriological diagnostic analyses on body fluids such as blood, urine, sputum, stool, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, and synovial fluid, as well as other specimens. Medical laboratory scientists work in clinical laboratories at hospitals, physician's offices, reference labs, biotechnology labs and non-clinical industrial labs.

3. Nursing: a medical science that deals with the treatment and care of patients. Also specialize in delivery of babies. It is very promising with branches in midwifery, anaesthetic, general nursing etc.

7.physiology: the study of the functions of the body

8. Optometry: a medical science that deals with the study and care for
the eye.

9. Human anatomy: deals with the study of the structure of the human body.

12. Veterinary Medicine: is the branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and
treatment of disease, disorder and injury in animals. The scope of veterinary medicine is wide, covering
all animal species, both domesticated and wild, with a wide range of conditions which can affect
different species.

10.Biochemistry: the branch of science concerned with the
chemical and physicochemical processes that occur
within living organisms.

11.Microbiology:special area of biology that deals with the study of micro-organisms, it's interaction and relationship with the environs and also activities with the living beings. It is very vast and promising with branches in. Food microb., chem. Microb., ind. Microb., pet. Microb., med. lab., pharmaceutical, microb.. 10. Radiography: the science dealing with X-rays and other high-
energy radiation, especially the use of such
radiation for the diagnosis and treatment of
disease.

13. Medical Rehabilitation:

6. Physiotheraphy: simply physical theraphy.
That's my own view on dis. Have u got a divergent view?
Please share!

Please i'm very sorry for the numbering. And my phone can't make the corrections. So any good citizen can help me with it. Just quote it and correct it. Correct it in quote. Thanks

LMAO you are probably not studying MBBS or BDS that's why you called dentistry no 5.
Only medical doctors and dentists can become provosts or cmds in Nigeria and perform surgeries...the selling point... physiotherapists also become consultants so show some respect and not list stuffs anyhow

My advice is that you shouls drop ur inferiority complex and be d best in or career
no offence am being serious

4 Likes

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Luminary1(f): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
What!Radiography shouldnt be on dat degrading no .............

1 Like

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by sisiafrika(f): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
This doclight again? Its like ur having difficulty in filling your JAMB form. Smh. Must it be medical? Where was it written that medical it is u must do? Smh. Well, ok, now, erm, integrate ur Interest, Abillity and aptitude, den go for what the result of the integration gives....you'd see urself in the skies soon.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by obynaDmob(m): 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
Its simple logic that after the MBBS the BDS follows....nursing is also very important, then B.pharm or (pharmD), medical lab and then O.D...physiology on the list is just funny....Biochemistry and microbiology aren't medical sciences they are life sciences...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Omonoba1: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
sisiafrika: This doclight again? Its like ur having difficulty in filling your JAMB form. Smh. Must it be medical? Where was it written that medical it is u must do? Smh. Well, ok, now, erm, integrate ur Interest, Abillity and aptitude, den go for what the result of the integration gives....you'd see urself in the skies soon.
lol..i agree wit you... After seeing this list and the previous thread, all i can say is the op is just confused..
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
sisiafrika: This doclight again? Its like ur having difficulty in filling your JAMB form. Smh. Must it be medical? Where was it written that medical it is u must do? Smh. Well, ok, now, erm, integrate ur Interest, Abillity and aptitude, den go for what the result of the integration gives....you'd see urself in the skies soon.
I really think the doclight individual has issues too.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
If I may ask, where the hell is radiography? undecided
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Gloria3389(f): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
christejames: What about Agbopharmacology and other native medicine, i tell you, those guys have been curing naija ailment since eons... No be yesterday this oyinbo medicine enter our backyard? *wink* on a serious note, Veterinary medicine should either be number 1 or 2 on that list. That course is so rigorous, those guys study different animals anatomy. (your list is ok though if only u are talkin about job opportunities)
u brought out my teeth.... agbopharmacology indeed
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
Victoriousvic: If I may ask, where the hell is radiography? undecided
radiography is on the list. Its number 10
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Unabefool: radiography is on the list. Its number 10
How's he even listing this stuff?

Why should radiography be down there, and hidden sef? undecided
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
Victoriousvic:
How's he even listing this stuff?

Why should radiography be down there, and hidden sef? undecided
Its not properly arranged but its ok.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
i like this guy/girl.

But about what u wrote, you wrong.
But i love ur outline
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
femidejulius: Here me o ye OP...
None is more relevant than the odas. They all do different jobs and they all depend on each odas for optimum performance.

All profession is equally important. Imagine a world without farmers or a world without teachers or a world without journalists. Yet, we often think these people are less important.
i didnt say irrelevant. I used "in order of relevance"

1 Like

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
Josh1000:
LMAO you are probably not studying MBBS or BDS that's why you called dentistry no 5.
Only medical doctors and dentists can become provosts or cmds in Nigeria and perform surgeries...the selling point... physiotherapists also become consultants so show some respect and not list stuffs anyhow

My advice is that you shouls drop ur inferiority complex and be d best in or career
no offence am being serious
lmao. U really missing a point!
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
Luminary1: What!Radiography shouldnt be on dat degrading no .............
sorry!
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Unabefool: Its not properly arranged but its ok.
Honestly, I don't get why he placed radiography so low.

Doclight, go and do more research jare.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC WASSCE 2020 Timetable - Click Here To View WAEC Timetable 2020/2021 / Adegboye Emmanuel Olatunji, Polytechnic Ilaro SUG President Caught In Cult Act / Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.