Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:29 PM

List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance (136369 Views)

No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones / Things You’ll Learn In Your First Year Of Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
Omonoba1: lol..i agree wit you... After seeing this list and the previous thread, all i can say is the op is just confused..
u really having issues with public speech. Learn it pls!

I feel popular lol
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
oluafolabi: I really think the doclight individual has issues too.
well if i am, then help solve it.
Cheers.

I feel popular.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Unabefool: Its not properly arranged but its ok.
second reasonably comment since thread emacipation.
Thank u!
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
Victoriousvic:
Honestly, I don't get why he placed radiography so low.

Doclight, go and do more research jare.
see where he placed microbiology sef
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Victoriousvic:
Honestly, I don't get why he placed radiography so low.

Doclight, go and do more research jare.
ok sir!
But sir! I didnt say i'm right, just my opinion, that why its public, if you have a vast knowledge about a particular field, pls help our ignoranant minds.

Prove radiography deserve better!
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Unabefool: see where he placed microbiology sef
sorry sir!
What's ur opinion?
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Omonoba1: 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Doclight: u really having issues with public speech. Learn it pls!

I feel popular lol
thanks Sir/Ma!
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Omonoba1: thanks Sir/Ma!
its a pleasure sir/ma.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by christejames(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
Gloria3389:
u brought out my teeth.... agbopharmacology indeed
hahaha... I'm happy at least i made u laugh.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
Doclight: sorry sir!
What's ur opinion?
But wait oh.. What of public health. Its public health not a medical course? Or you've not heard of it?
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
christejames: hahaha... I'm happy at least i made u laugh.
u too much jare!
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Unabefool: But wait oh.. What of public health. Its public health not a medical course? Or you've not heard of it?
hmmmmmmmm. Why didnt u ask of medical biochemistry? I enlisted the ones i could recall. U.

Please if u have any info, u can pass it on sir.

Thank u for understanding
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Doclight: hmmmmmmmm. Why didnt u ask of medical biochemistry? I enlisted the ones i could recall. U.

Please if u have any info, u can pass it on sir.

Thank u for understanding
Ok sir! But please add optometry to your list.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Unabefool: Ok sir! But please add optometry to your list.
there's optometry sir no. 8
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Josh1000: 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
Doclight: lmao. U really missing a point!

what point?
secondly whats ur course?
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Doclight: there's optometry sir no. 8
ok sir. I have it.

1 Like

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by sisiafrika(f): 7:17am On Sep 14, 2014
christejames: hahaha... I'm happy at least i made u laugh.
no flirting pls
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by sisiafrika(f): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2014
Unabefool: But wait oh.. What of public health. Its public health not a medical course? Or you've not heard of it?
only unical does it at undergrad level. Maybe Babcock or Bowen too?
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by sisiafrika(f): 7:21am On Sep 14, 2014
Unabefool: Ok sir! But please add optometry to your list.
I hate how the Igbotic Optometrist parade demselves as Doctor den keep misleading the public. All these Igbotic school's sef. Just for one of them to distinguish Ophthalmic nurse, Optician, Optometrist and Ophthalmologist, he kept going in circles. Mtchwwww.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 14, 2014
sisiafrika: only unical does it at undergrad level. Maybe Babcock or Bowen too?
Yeah. Unical does it. I don't know about Babcock or Bowen
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2014
sisiafrika: no flirting pls
hehehehehe. Its allowed na.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2014
Unabefool: Yeah. Unical does it. I don't know about Babcock or Bowen
yhmmmm
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 7:54am On Sep 14, 2014
sisiafrika: I hate how the Igbotic Optometrist parade demselves as Doctor den keep misleading the public. All these Igbotic school's sef. Just for one of them to distinguish Ophthalmic nurse, Optician, Optometrist and Ophthalmologist, he kept going in circles. Mtchwwww.
who is a doctor?
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Luminary1: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
Doclight: sorry!

WAT THE MEANING OF SORRY...................
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Samgreguc(m): 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Josh1000:
LMAO you are probably not studying MBBS or BDS that's why you called dentistry no 5.
Only medical doctors and dentists can become provosts or cmds in Nigeria and perform surgeries...the selling point... physiotherapists also become consultants so show some respect and not list stuffs anyhow

My advice is that you shouls drop ur inferiority complex and be d best in or career
no offence am being serious
on in Nigeria sheay?
And BTW, u tink it wil continue 4 ever?
BTW, hw cms abt the I. Complex in his post?
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Josh1000: 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Samgreguc:
on in Nigeria sheay?
And BTW, u tink it wil continue 4 ever?
BTW, hw cms abt the I. Complex in his post?

Doctors are in charge of the health sector in the country administratively.....Am not sure if it will change.. ..But we must respect each other...

even if the op has no I. complex many doctors and med stds haters have for all I know
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Josh1000: 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
Doclight: who is a doctor?

The Oprhamologists are the doctors from what I know we van call them Eye Surgeons
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Samgreguc(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2014
Josh1000:

Doctors are in charge of the health sector in the country administratively.....Am not sure if it will change .. ..But we must respect each other...

even if the op has no I. complex many doctors and med stds haters have for all I know
u tink its ryt?
Well, thank God u call it admin post which means ................. .
Bear this in mind, it wil change so, if u are advicing someone to go study med surg cos of dat pls stop it.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by sisiafrika(f): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Josh1000:
The Oprhamologists are the doctors from what I know we van call them Eye Surgeons
oprah winfery ni. Optometrist are diff frm ophthalmologists. Oprhamologists ko, okpara ojukwu ni,

1 Like

Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Samgreguc(m): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2014
Doclight: MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA IN RATED ORDER:

1. Medicine/Surgery: Is the medical science that deals with the study of the human body structure called anatomy, and the various functions of the body called physiology with the aim of healing of mal-functions through drugs. This indeed is the mother of medical courses. With branches in pediatics, obstetrics/gynaecology, radiology, internal medicine, community health, cardiology.

2. Pharmacy: deals with study of drugs, manufacture of drugs and sales with dispensary of such drugs. This i termed second best with branches in pharmacology, clinical pharmacy, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry.

3. Nursing: a medical science that deals with the treatment and care of patients. Also specialize in delivery of babies. It is very promising with branches in midwifery, anaesthetic, general nursing etc.

4. Medical Laboratory Science:A medical laboratory scientist (MLS) (also referred to as a medical technologist, a clinical scientist, or clinical laboratory technologist) is a healthcare professional who performs chemical, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, and bacteriological diagnostic analyses on body fluids such as blood, urine, sputum, stool, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, and synovial fluid, as well as other specimens. Medical laboratory scientists work in clinical laboratories at hospitals, physician's offices, reference labs, biotechnology labs and non-clinical industrial labs.

5. Dentistry: medical science which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disease of mouth with reference to teeth. With branches in periodontology, orthodontics, oral pathology, dental radiology, paededonties, prosthetic.

6. Physiotheraphy: simply physical theraphy.

7.physiology: the study of the functions of the body

8. Optometry: a medical science that deals with the study and care for
the eye.

9. Human anatomy: deals with the study of the structure of the human body.

10. Radiography: the science dealing with X-rays and other high-
energy radiation, especially the use of such
radiation for the diagnosis and treatment of
disease.

10.Biochemistry: the branch of science concerned with the
chemical and physicochemical processes that occur
within living organisms.

11.Microbiology:special area of biology that deals with the study of micro-organisms, it's interaction and relationship with the environs and also activities with the living beings. It is very vast and promising with branches in. Food microb., chem. Microb., ind. Microb., pet. Microb., med. lab., pharmaceutical, microb..

12. Veterinary Medicine: is the branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and
treatment of disease, disorder and injury in animals. The scope of veterinary medicine is wide, covering
all animal species, both domesticated and wild, with a wide range of conditions which can affect
different species.

13. Medical Rehabilitation:
oya DOCLIGHT come tell me thank u.
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by Doclight(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Samgreguc:
oya DOCLIGHT come tell me thank u.
wow may God bless u. Thank u in millions
Re: List Of Medical Courses In Nigeria, According To Relevance by lawrenceunaa: 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
my dear op this ur post looks sh*tty with ur numbering system.
number with accending or decending mode

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan / FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.