Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,724 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. (19211 Views)

My Man Is A 2 Min Man. Help / Medical Experts And Volunteers Against Ebola. Let's Meet Here! / Ebola: Why Is Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu (minister For Health)still Keeping His Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by donwise1(m): 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
uchedydy: In a country wia everytyn seems to be upside down, we need to celebrate those who have done well.

Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu indeed deserves commendation. In the wake of Ebola from AMERICAN-liberian Patrick Sawyer, the Health Minister swung into action. Tho it was shaky af first due to the seeming unpreparedness of everybody. He fought Ebola to a standstill, convening meetings here and there, giving directives on things, working with the Lagos state government and other states and notably providing up to date information to give public insight and calm tension. As at today we have no case of Ebola in the country. Our hearts go out to those who lost loved ones, but it would have been more but for the hard work of the health minister and his team.

I am not a politician, but I think every good work deserves commendation.

Now to the man who fought hard to fight Ebola for his country, I say well done.

Again commendation shd go to all the doctors and medical practitioners in all areas of the field, and to all Nigerians who have been using hand sanitizers to ensure they protect themselves.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!
That's Igbos for you. very diligent when carrying out their national duties.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by sujex2015: 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
laplace12:
I think Fashola deserves commendation instead.
Lagos state did the fight alone, the minister was only giving confusing press release.
omo if lagos was so perfect as u claimed, hw dd d ecowas staff escape 2 ph?? My frnd d minister of health, LASG,RVSG all did a good job in containing d. Virus

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
ProfCorruption: What exactly did he do?

Nigerians and their celebration of mediocrity. What about questioning why Sawyer was allowed into Nigeria in the first place? Why is it that Ghana, which is closer to the epicenter of this epidemic, doe not have a single case?

Perhaps we should thank GEj for re-capturing Bama whenever he does. GEJ till Jesus comes back.

SPOT ON

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by kalishay: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
God bless the man

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by donpetros: 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Although i agree with those who say he was only doing his job but then that's what commendation are for. Its for does who do their job excellently and he has done so even the western world are asking Nigeria to assist fellow West African countries to fight EVD. Am really grateful to Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu and his entire team, God bless you all.I am really humbled by the sacrifice of Dr Adedevoh, May her soul find rest in the bossom of our lord. Amen

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by onoja12: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
some times a spared should be called a spared,the Minister did a wonderful job although the op should have mention the full team because,for the first time in Nigeria.the state and federal,opposition and ruling came together with Nigeria and Nigerians at the back of there mind.so there for the statement would become out of context if just one side is mentioned or penciled down for praises,and if anything,this Ebola is helping us rekindle our unity

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by uchedydy: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
uchedydy: In a country wia everytyn seems to be upside down, we need to celebrate those who have done well.

Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu indeed deserves commendation. In the wake of Ebola from AMERICAN-liberian Patrick Sawyer, the Health Minister swung into action. Tho it was shaky af first due to the seeming unpreparedness of everybody. He fought Ebola to a standstill, convening meetings here and there, giving directives on things, working with the Lagos state government and other states and notably providing up to date information to give public insight and calm tension. As at today we have no case of Ebola in the country. Our hearts go out to those who lost loved ones, but it would have been more but for the hard work of the health minister and his team.

Again commendation shd go to all the doctors and medical practitioners in all areas of the field, and to all Nigerians who have been using hand sanitizers to ensure they protect themselves.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Oh!!!

After many attempts, i finally made front page.

I thank all who believed in me, especially my wiffy who incidentally isnt here now.
And to all nairalanders who update us wit news all the time.
Finally to all Nairalanders that are here because they dnt have work...God will give u guys work.

To seun, thanks for ur insight and creativity!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Bgorgeous: 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yes very yes he deserve recommendations for the first time on this administration a minister put the people first before his choppings
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by paris10: 9:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sentiment is more or less a way of discriminating or supporting corruption. @poster is Igbo and has a thing or two for the minister... minister is Igbo too.

Minister is taking glory from Doctors who despite the risk of death continues to treat Ebola patients.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by InvertedHammer: 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
Brahms:

He doesn't deserve shi!t! Same clown that said N1.9bn Ebola Fund was for his Ministry to buy Cars. He's a thief! And an Opportunist trying to take glory of Commissioner Idris.
\

I can see that you have never worked in a corporate world.

You still don't understand how the whole thing works.

/

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
No I don"t agree. Instead Dr Adadevoh, Mr Fashola, the Lagos Commissioner for health and the entire Lagos State health machinery should be given a special medal each for bringing the highlycontagious virus spread to a halt via their lightning response and awareness campaign, creation of Isolation centres(Mind you FG just created some well after Lagos State had done so), and a daily update on the spread of the disease before the minister came to Lagos.The Minister should be grateful to Lagos State for a job well done. They made the job easier for him to do.
But in all, I would say weldone to both parties(Minister and State) for the synergy and information exchange that has made tackling ebola successful the way it is. So I say everyone involved actively deserves an award.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by topearos(m): 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
He deserved Welldone.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by musicwriter(m): 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yes, the man deserve it, including the Lagos state officials.
The ebola thing was handled professionally by Nigeria as a whole. I heard some west African countries are now trying to learn how we did it.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
If the Minister for health was from the South-Waste, our case would have been worst than Liberia
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by lacreamieboie(m): 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
Easterners... Saving the health sector since 1960!

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yes he did followed up especially information on both false and. True situations he's good
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by millionboi(m): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
Him try....kudos
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by uchedydy: 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
Kingharzyz:

You're not a politician but tribalism flows in ur veins... would you open this thread if the minister is not your Igbo brother? no one should quote me pls...am entitle to my opinion.

I try so hard not to be tribalistic, but wat some yorubas say wen its the igbo makes my try very difficult.

How did this yoruba Igbo hatred start sef, and wen will it stop sef....i tire ooo
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
paris10: Sentiment is more or less a way of discriminating or supporting corruption. @poster is Igbo and has a thing or two for the minister... minister is Igbo too.

Minister is taking glory from Doctors who despite the risk of death continues to treat Ebola patients.
So because the op is Igbo he has no right to commend the minister?

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by SkySpirit(m): 12:06am On Sep 14, 2014
The Minister of Health has done well, even in the midst of the unpatriotic and selfish doctors strike!
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 14, 2014
There is nothing to commend him for.

What EXACTLY did he do?
Did he build quarantine centres? No! He announced the sack of resident doctors in the middle of the crisis and it was only the intervention of wiser heads that saved the day
We know the disease arrived in Lagos.But somehow it was allowed to spread to Rivers state that was huge systemic failure. It should never have escaped Lagos. So far we have been lucky and it is the people of Lagos who should be commended . Certainly the FG has increased public awareness but they have not done much else

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:48am On Sep 14, 2014
He deserves commendation for:

1. Announcing Nano Silver (aka Pesticide) as an invention of a Nigerian and a cure for Ebola.

2. Chopping the N1.9 Billion Ebola intervention fund. (aka chopping Ebola money since 1855)

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by obowunmi(m): 12:51am On Sep 14, 2014
This Igbo man aka Onyebuchi is a bloody liar.

2 Likes

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by wallex1983(m): 1:02am On Sep 14, 2014
He has tried, especially in the area of coordinating the whole process, but kudos to all who really made it work. I salute the Lagos state government more for putting politics aside and allow this work........ Even though now, federal govt seem to be taking all the glory if you know what I mean
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:06am On Sep 14, 2014
ProfCorruption: What exactly did he do?

Nigerians and their celebration of mediocrity. What about questioning why Sawyer was allowed into Nigeria in the first place? Why is it that Ghana, which is closer to the epicenter of this epidemic, does not have a single case?

Perhaps we should thank GEj for re-capturing Bama whenever he does. GEJ till Jesus comes back.
What about the fact that the ECOWAS conference was held, inviting people from Ebola red zone countries without thorough medical check up. The Health Minister did nothing to stop it.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:08am On Sep 14, 2014
wallex1983: He has tried, especially in the area of coordinating the whole process, but kudos to all who really made it work. I salute the Lagos state government more for putting politics aside and allow this work........ Even though now, federal govt seem to be taking all the glory if you know what I mean
As long as the Health Minister misappropriated funds for the fighting and prevention of the virus entering Nigeria, he is a detriment to the progress made in the fight against Ebola.

With that money, more effective strides would have been taken to secure Nigerians.
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by kabba7(m): 4:50am On Sep 14, 2014
[quote author=Arosa]

How do you rate the health minister?

The government of Lagos state own the commendation stop pulling wool over pepoles face the minister was only following he did alsolutely nothing .

1 Like

Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by oluwafemi113(m): 5:12am On Sep 14, 2014

Well done!!!!!!!!!!
so much on point I second you
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by oluwafemi113(m): 5:16am On Sep 14, 2014
Ayoolla: No I don"t agree. Instead Dr Adadevoh, Mr Fashola, the Lagos Commissioner for health and the entire Lagos State health machinery should be given a special medal each for bringing the highlycontagious virus spread to a halt via their lightning response and awareness campaign, creation of Isolation centres(Mind you FG just created some well after Lagos State had done so), and a daily update on the spread of the disease before the minister came to Lagos.The Minister should be grateful to Lagos State for a job well done. They made the job easier for him to do.
But in all, I would say weldone to both parties(Minister and State) for the synergy and information exchange that has made tackling ebola successful the way it is. So I say everyone involved actively deserves an award.
that's true..... On my own view they all tried.... It was a result of team Work
One Nigeria
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Tayras: 6:27am On Sep 14, 2014
Brahms:

He doesn't deserve shi!t! Same clown that said N1.9bn Ebola Fund was for his Ministry to buy Cars. He's a thief! And an Opportunist trying to take glory of Commissioner Idris.

thumbs up
Re: Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. by Songitto(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2014
In this case glory should not goes to only our health minister at same time it should be goes to all nigeria's who involved in the surveillance and treatments.... Most especially lagos state government.. GOOD JOB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! Addiction Has Taken Everything... / See The New Face Of Udi District Hospital / Plot To Introduce Lethal Synthetic Opoids To The Market - NDLEA Alerts Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.