Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,493 members, 7,958,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications (14182 Views)

Do You Need A House Mortgage - Interest free ( 3 Days Processing Time) / Mortgage Institutions: Share Your Own Bitter Experience? / Top Ten Mortgage Institutions In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by shevon: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hey guys, I got an SMS informing me that I was pre-approved for the scheme. Did anyone else get the SMS?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by deji47: 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
dvstan:
This scheme was advertised as 6%, Why is Imperial asking for 17%?
Are u Guys talking about the down payment or interest. As I recall 20% was advertised as down payment never even came across this interest issue.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by deji47: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
Seems Imperial are d only ones sending out mails. Am yet to receive a response from Resort savings. Planning on giving them a call tomorrow that's if the number in d text sent to me works
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by deji47: 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
shevon:
Hey guys, I got an SMS informing me that I was pre-approved for the scheme. Did anyone else get the SMS?
Yes ppl ve been getting d SMS. What mortgage house was ur application forwarded to?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by shevon: 4:23am On Oct 25, 2014
deji47:

Yes ppl ve been getting d SMS. What mortgage house was ur application forwarded to?
Home Base, it is somewhere in Saka Tinubu but I've not been there cos I'm held up in PHC. Though I've called to speak with my account manager, I'm hoping to be there sometime in November.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by deji47: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
shevon:

Home Base, it is somewhere in Saka Tinubu but I've not been there cos I'm held up in PHC. Though I've called to speak with my account manager, I'm hoping to be there sometime in November.
Good, wish u Good luck. I contacted resort savings, they sent me an application form via email. Will ve to find time to get to their office.
P.s u should try to find out if they ve other offices closer to PHC. Say Abuja for instance.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by benik(f): 7:45am On Oct 26, 2014
This guys are messing with us. i can easily walk into any PMI and request for a mortgage at 17% interest rate. Fed govt should be a one digit interest between 4%-6% and moreover it was never mentioned we were gonna source for the houses ourselves, the impression given was federal government would provide affordable housing for those who applied. 17% interest rate over 20years is far from affordable.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by benik(f): 7:45am On Oct 26, 2014
This guys are joking with us. i can easily walk into any PMI and request for a mortgage at 17% interest rate. Fed govt should be a one digit interest between 4%-6% and moreover it was never mentioned we were gonna source for the houses ourselves, the impression given was federal government would provide affordable housing for those who applied. 17% interest rate over 20years is far from affordable.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by tunai(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
benik:
This guys are joking with us. i can easily walk into any PMI and request for a mortgage at 17% interest rate. Fed govt should be a one digit interest between 4%-6% and moreover it was never mentioned we were gonna source for the houses ourselves, the impression given was federal government would provide affordable housing for those who applied. 17% interest rate over 20years is far from affordable.

Exactly my point too.its all scam and to add to Jonathan fake achievements.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
kaorama:
From where will a civil servant get about N100,000 to pay per month for the 3- bedroom flat?
It shld be btw 50 to 70k per month cos of the interest. If you are sharp, farming vegetable in ur backyard shld offset the bill.

Must u go for 3 bedroom? go for the one u can aford.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
has anybody in Enugu received text or e-mail for the morgage financing?
Anyone in location outside Lagos?
I tot fgn is financing this? Any rate above 9 percent is extremely high. If commercial banks are the ones funding n rates is 17%, i think it is ok, but dt is killing to the applicant in the long run.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
i just hope the money should be given out to applicants to build to their taste. 10M can build 4 to 6 flats in ENUGU.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
I just called two of my friends that aplied for Enugu . They told me they received text messages that their application has been forwarded to jubilee homes for review. No further message has been gotten.

I guess i didnt get notified cos i aplied on the night of the closing date. My friends shld be among efirst ten thousand that applied. I didnt apply on time cos i was having double mind of the scheme . I only got to apply on the night of the closing date cos we were having a discusn in the office and sumhow i mentioned it. My colleagues were so angry with me that i didnt tell them . It was while searching for the link to forward to them that i saw it was the closing date.

I even used my fone to snap my int ppt, edited to jpeg and uploaded.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by powersunny: 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
I was called by Homebase mortgage. They offer 16% interest too, which was disappointing and a far cry from the single digit or at most 10% that i was expecting. I also have to source for my own home. I intend meeting the RM that called me sometimes this week.
He also mentioned that FG will pay it down to 14% after 6 months, whatever that meant.

Sincerely, this scheme is not as sweet as FG is making it look. The only difference between this and commercial mortgage is the duration which is 20 yrs as against 10 - 15 yrs for commercial mortgages.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by dvstan: 11:06am On Oct 27, 2014
Its a Hoax... Its all crap, I'm out!

1 Like

Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by DrIgbo: 11:46am On Nov 03, 2014
I have been contacted twice Imperial Mortgage Bank and am about to open my mortgage account. God bless Nigeria
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by benik(f): 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
I have just been contacted by Aso Savings. Spoke with them on phone and interest rate is 16%. So if I was to get a loan of 22m my monthly interest rate over 20years will be about 320k monthly . isn't that crazy
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by tunai(m): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=DrIgbo post=27685942]I have been contacted twice Imperial Mortgage Bank and am about to open my mortgage account. God bless Nigeria

You are strong sha, I was with imperial too and they were talking 17% interest na so I pick race
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 4:57am On Nov 24, 2014
I've been offered a loan of about 7m from imperial.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by dvstan: 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
Yeah.. They came down to 14.5%, I would have been happy with a single digit...6.78m, Thinking of going for it
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Which house will you see for that amount?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by dvstan: 6:23am On Nov 25, 2014
With your equity contribution... It sums up to 8.5m available, I intend completing the documentation while i work harder then have them disburse sometimes next year... 10 - 20m should get me something nice or rather use that sum to refinance a commercial bank mortgage.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by tunai(m): 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
I was also offered 14.5% by Haggai mortgage and am going ahead with it
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by dvstan: 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
Submitted documentations to Imperial. Learnt the 6.8m is an indicative offer... It will go up based on your income after due credit appraisal.
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hmmm really? How much would I need to earn to get a loan of about 11m?
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by dvstan: 6:48am On Dec 01, 2014
It's your ability to pay back that matters... Equity contribution for 11m should be 2.2m
Re: Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications by maxudu(m): 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
Has any person who applied in port Harcourt received mail from this mortgage institutions as it seems nobody in port Harcourt has been considered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? / Building Collapse In Nigeria: 6 Early Warning Signs / *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.