Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,267 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

How Do You Handle Household Chores? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Household Chores? (18131 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by zicoraads: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2014
I am very neat, but I don't touch nothing! I hate house chores with a passion.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by fpeter(f): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2014
@Kanwulia, your house is beautiful..Thank God you are in the white man's land but
Be grateful to God for that opportunity, don't make others feel bad because they live
in Nigeria...Not everyone is suffering in Nigeria u know? Not everyone does the harsh
chores that would make them wrinkle or look worn out,people are more educated and
enlightened now and more homes are beginning to acquire certain gadgets to do their
chores.

17 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by opeolukoya: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Nice topic I love my space sparklin clean but I have a year old son nd Mehhnn!!! Once u finish cleaning he comes to help reclean I can't spank him but he sees it as fun so I end up cleaning 4 times in a day
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 02, 2014
zicoraads: I am very neat, but I don't touch nothing! I hate house chores with a passion.
Do you have a maid?
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 02, 2014
Kanwulia: Thank you my people. grin
You know I work very hard ehn?
So, it is important to have a tidy home, so I can continue to progress.
SWITCH TO HARD WOOD FLOORS. . . AND AVOID CARPET. . . EXCEPT IN THE BEDROOMS AND STAIRS. . . .TO KEEP THE NOISE LEVELS DOWN. kiss

Less cleaning with hardwood floors. . . .easier too! cool

The most important thing is to have YOUR OWN PRIVATE LIVING QUARTERS even in your home.
No body enters there without invitation!
Simple. kiss

We have an agreement. If you wanno mess up your own room. . .YOU WILL NEVER FIND ME THERE.
We meet in common areas only!
It has worked out very well. kiss

When I retire to my quarters. . . .it feels like PARADISE.
It is never locked. . . but everyone respects my space! cool

So na you be this? grin grin grin Chai! your house make sense die!!
One question tho.... were you a zebra in your former life?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
abeg na joke o! no come finish me for here

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Eniobanke86(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2014
U beta school me first or I cannot understand the schematic of this kitchen
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by zicoraads: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2014
MzMariah: Do you have a maid?
Yup...comes around some Days of the week. I hate house chores eh!
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2014
zicoraads: Yup...comes around some Days of the week. I hate house chores eh!
Lol. Lazy you.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by igbsam(m): 10:49am On Oct 02, 2014
The Most Heinous Thing from hell that scares the shyt outta me from a dirty enviroment is COBWEB........Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgg! Jeeeeeeeeeeez, Lawd knows how much i hate that thing called cobweb. I have this born phobia for cobwebs. If I come to your house for a visit and after feeling comfortably sitted and all of a sudden i sight cobweb hanging on your wall, the kind of speed i wish use to whooooooosh out ehn, u sef go follow me run if u aint careful. Is it normal for a guy like me to have this cobweb phobia ?
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by nickz(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Simple........I end send my younger ones to do 'emangry
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Missmossy(f): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2014
I don't enjoy doing the dishes but i love mopping and cleaning the house,even washing alsocheesy

I could clean up the house everyday especially when the floor is tiledwink

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by kandiikane(m): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2014
keppyy: I'm slowly becoming a ddirty person. I Used to be very neat but after realising I live with a self centered family that don't care if the house is as dirty as a pig sty and stinks as a septic tank, I'm now dirty.

I'm even thinking of Co-habitingg before marraige because if I go through what I'm going now in my marraige, it won't be funny.
Make a rota or you can assign weekly chores to each individual. Let someone clean the kitchen whilst another washes bathroom etc. It's easier that way because it can become daunting if you always have to clean after everyone else especially if they are all grown adults.

@topic, I clean weekly but atm I do clean as you go because our house is full with carpets and they get dirty easily. I am the only one home now so eyes are on me to be making sure house is clean. The only problem I have is disorganisation and I have a problem with hoarding. I try my best to arrange things in order but I can never get them as neat as I want and it can become frustrating. I suffered from OCD when I was younger and it's very mild now but still trying to get rid of my hoarding habits.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Calculux95: 11:18am On Oct 02, 2014
@kanwulia, Whoaaa, maybe the part of nigeria you stayed was messed up, but not every one in nigeria lives a stressful life, a life of comfort depends on your background and wealth... P.s did your house get attacked by an angry zebra grin
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Herrmes: 11:24am On Oct 02, 2014
Please, I don't do them at all
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by r33d(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2014
ideology: Cleaning is cool but Stressful when with lots of work load at once.
But You can enjoy cleaning by being smart
1. Clean it right away.
2. Clean in bits, don't pile up
3. Every Thing should have a place in the room and train everyone to do same, (if you pick up item 6 at locations A, return it to location A not B)
4. Shelves and drawers help in arrangement, get one.
5. Dispose or give out items you no longer need
6. Flowers and color combinations will do lots of magic to the ambience of your room cool
PS: Kanwulia, do you work from your home?
seems you spend more time at home.

I agree.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by coronaprof(m): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2014
As the spirit directs
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by mirexxx(f): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2014
chores nope sum1 does it cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by KAYD007(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2014
damn! an E-feminist warrior thread....see roll calls shocked
...like say dem sabi cook and clean the house...egbe eneu dake jor! angry

*remove slippers pick race *
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by azukagel: 11:58am On Oct 02, 2014
Do them on my off duty daysw
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Bibol(f): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
I feel so happy when I clean. Like someone said earlier, its therapeutic for me smiley. I prefer to clean as I go to avoid build up as I am busy everyday of the week.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by femi4: 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe: How do you keep your house clean? Do you have a day in the week when you do the cleaning?

Are you (very) neat?

I do my house chores on Saturdays. I work from Monday till Friday and do some minor things after work but the big cleaning on Saturdays.

I am very neat so I take the time to do the cleaning and shopping on Saturday.

I can be a bit chaotic during the week when I am very stressed but the house is always very cosy on Sundays. smiley

If you have kids, you can do it three or more times in a day.....especially boys. Before you say jack....Everywhere scatter! scatter!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by daveP(m): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
If im bored@ home i can reset the whole house to keep myself occupied. Every damn corner!!
Flex those muscles.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Acidosis(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Someone is feeling funky over some zebra curtains grin

Chores doesn't equate nice rented apartments. Its not about flowers either but how well you manage the little/or the big you have. Dis wan nor be interior decor thread btw,

More so, this thread is not about uploading photos of our rented apartments; its about how you handle your damn chores smiley

Do you clean daily? on the go? weekends? too busy to clean?

If you must upload photos of your apartment, kindly visit the diary section and do your thing. If 160million Nigerians upload photos of their apartments, Nairaland will crash.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by piagetskinner(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't get satisfied when some other person comes to do house chores 4 me..I prefer doin it myself, to my own taste. I clean up every day,I do major cleaning's on weekends...I always love my space to have that pristine look and freshness,that's y I love neat Girlsundecided
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by djeezy(m): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
mirexxx: chores nope sum1 does it cheesy
lazyyy angry
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by FEMoxylian: 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
I only help my wife make pounded yam on sundays, thats all.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by kay29000(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
Krystalxxx: Here's the thread that describes today for me completely! So much cleaning to be done - and I haven't gotten halfway yet cheesy lipsrsealed embarassed

So I live with my mom and she's a total workaholic so it's every weekend, and I mean every single weekend. There are also the daily chores but na weekend bad pass,lol.

Every weekend I just prepare my mind and do what I gotta do. People who celebrate weekends , TGIF......always wonder what thier celebrating. My weekend is wartime and the cleaning reminds one of a war zone! grin

LMAO! You are very funny.
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
kay29000:

I think I can say I am a very neat person. Prevention is better than cure, so the route I take is to prevent the house from needing thorough cleaning. Once I finish eating, i clean all the food crumbs from where I sat to eat, sweep if i must, and wash the dishes immediately. I sweep every now and then when I feel the parlor or room needs sweeping. I clean dust all around the rooms daily. I wash almost every day. I never wait for dirty clothes to pile up. The bigger chores like washing of toilet and bathroom, I do once a week. This is just my strategy, and it is now a part of me.

I wish I was as self-disciplined as you are. wink
Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by Doubletee13(m): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
I clean even at night....Nothing pleases me like sleeping in a clean room, its my door way yo good dreams smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Household Chores? by kay29000(m): 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I wish I was as self-disciplined as you are. wink

Well, it can be learned. If you force yourself to do something for 21 days, it will become a part of you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer / Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.