Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195599 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
guyla:
Doctor i have objects that looks like entangled worms of different shapes in my eyes, i also have extremely itching case and my eyes are always red pls is there any hope for me
there is hope bro..worm like,cob web like or other funny shaped objects in d visual field is as a result of floaters in the ocular fluids..itching and redness may be as a result of allergic reactions..such as dust,smoke etc, I wil advise u 2 visit an eye clinic asap..does d itching,redness comes along wit discharge?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
louisinemo:
Dear doctor. Somethime ago I had painful eyes. As a result my eyes turn red/brown. Now that my eyes are ok, the eyes colouration still remain. Please what can I do to restore back to white?
antihistamine and mast cell stabilizer drugs can be of help..I wil advise u visit an eye clinic 4 proper examination and treatment
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
jworos:
Pls ďoc,my left eye is red most of the time, it's bn dis way for some months now, it itches n feels like something is inside, do u v any recommendation??
I suspect u might be having pterygium on ur left eye..cos all the signs and symptoms u have given qualifies that. u nid visit an eye clinic for proper diagnosis and treatment option..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
Teenzy:
...Thanks a lot Doc..but is there no drug he can use to clear it up..
there is no known drug that can clear cataract but some anti oxidant containing drugs helps 2 slow down cataract formation...surgery is d only option 4 matured cataract
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
Bomoobacom:
Good morning sir, pls i want to knw wat i cn do 2 my eyes.....wen ever i watch a film or use my fone 4 a long hour i do av aches/pain n discharge 4rm my eye....n wen eva i luk at light at a close range i feel little pain dt makes me remove it immediately..
what u re having may either be refractive error or muscle spasm..d discharge is as a result of microbial infection..I will advise u visit an eye clinic as soon as possible...tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
powerblaze:
Hi doc,

I sometimes feel something moving in my right eye, like a worm. Pls wat do I do to get rid of it?
might be filaria worms..anti parasitic drugs can hep kill deses worms..there might still be other causes 2 dis,I wil advise u visit an eye clinic 4 proper examination and diagnosis..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ismaxtr3:
hy doctor. pls i always feel like there's water in my eyes everytime and most times .when eating perrish food, water comes out from my eyes
I wil advise u visit an eye clinic 4 comprehensive eye examination and tear film assessment test..I wil like 2 no if it had been so or jus started?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by sumblee(f): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
hmmn..its very gud u noticed this so early,she definitely has problems with her vision or eyes.some children underperform in school due 2 eye problem wch they have,and their parents might not notice this early enuf,thereby blaming the child and believing dey re naturally dull..there is significant rlatnship btw intelligence and the eyes..I will advise she visit an eye doctor immediately so that the necessary treatment can be given to her in form of spectacle prescription or drugs..tanx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2014
oprah007:
Good Morning Doctor, I av a defect with my eyes which i wasnt born with. Although i cant say exactly when it started but its been like that since my primary school days and now i am 27years old. One of my eyeballs is always looking sideways wen am actually looking straight. Whenever i try to correct both to look straight, my vision become so blur that i hardly can see anything and my eyes become teary.
If i use one eyeball at a time, it looks quite normal. I have never used a recommended glasses but i use a sunglasses jes to cover the defect from people. Please Doc, is there anything to be done to correct this? Thanks *attached are pix of my eyeballs*
it shows u have exotropia I.e ur right eye moving outward..u can visit an eye clinic for proper eye examination 2 see if u have refractive error or refferred 2 see an orthoptist who can hep train the deviated eye muscle...try do dat asap
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
DaimlerBen:
Gratitude for your benevolence. Please, where can one procure medicated sports glasses? I've scoured virtually the whole East & South-South. Even Konga & Jumia aren't helpful. Thank you.
don't have any idea
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
callertune:
Good day Dr.
I am 25, I had never had eye problems before until recently. i do use sunglasses for long cos excess exposure to sunlight causes me headache.Recently, I have been working with laptops and microscopes and now my eyes hurt with little pains, getting to a point i couldn't even use a microscope for an hour but the job really require working with microscope for long hours 4-5 hrs daily for couple of days-weeks. To help it, i stopped for a while and used vit A and yeasts. I dont use any med glasses and i want to go back to microscopy next week. What should i do? i can barely stay on overlited place, i had been avoiding my pc even phone!
Thanks.
it shows u re highly photophobic,try reduce the brightness of ur laptop screen..and avoid 2 much bright light..or better still u can visit an eye clinic were a photochromic lens can be prescribed 2 u with ur refractive correction if any..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by gerber404(m): 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
Doc, my left eye can see more distance writing than my right eye, when i try to compare the two when reading hope its not a problem
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by cheezkid(m): 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
Oga doctor. Im a patient of shortsightedness. I have been using corrective lens for 7 years still the state of my eye sight is not improving. Please tell me honestly if my bad eye sight can be corrected or was i deceived by my optician who told me that my spectacles would correct it??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Soclose007(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
lol..u re rily funny..pls dnt ask the person whose team is losing..it shows u re having refractive error or pathology in ur eyes which caused u being short sighted...I wil advise u see an eye doctor asap so 2 prevent ur eyes 4rm goin bad in wot we term 'amblyopia.tanx
thank u very much and God bless u
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kween01: 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
the brown spot in ur eyes is looking like wot we call conjuctival naevus,even though I can't visualize it well.this is as a result of conjunctiva degeneration,litu or nothing can be done 2 dat..concerning the itching sensation,I tink u re reacting 2 some allergies,n drugs like mast cell stabilizers and antihistamines can take care of dat..I wil advise u 2 visit an eye clinic asap

Tanks Doc for taking out time to attend to all. Do you have an eye clinic yourself and where is your office.? If you are close to some of us who need to visit an eye clinic, I tink it would be gd if we come to you, just my opinion though.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by GraceInUSA: 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
Thank you for this rare opportunity. I was recently given a pair of glasses this month. I was diagnosed of refractive error. I feel pains when the eyes are opened. Its more when I just come out of the bathroom.The prescription reads thus:
SPH +0.25 CYC -0.50 AXIS 0.90
Now I need to know what it means in English language. I have problems staying in a room where a fan is on and also have problems staying under the sun although I'm not an albino.I asked for photochromic lens, I was given something that isnt. I want to know if the prescription determines if its gonna be photochromic or not.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by nkkystel(f): 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
please this calls 4 urgent attention.dos d eye looks red,and waters? I wil advise u 2 see an eye doctor as soon as possible,so that proper examination can be done on u,2 no if there is any foreign body lodging in ur eyes or underneath d eyelids..tanx

Tnx doc, the eye doesn't look red and water.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
So my mom keeps having surgery done on her eyes for glaucoma and because of the surgeries that were carried out on the eyes she's now developing cataracts. The recovery period after the surgeries are usually painful and slow and sometimes with extreme photophobia. Isn't there an alternative to surgery?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ayo081(m): 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
I tink the part u re possibly referring 2 as d cornea is the bulbar conjuctiva..d white part of the eye. So please try confirm if it is the bulbar conjunctiva u re saying,cos the cornea is the black part of the eyes...so try make this clear 1st if its actually the cornea or the conjunctiva u are referring to,so we can start 4rm dere...am really grateful to jaunty 4 being there 2 ansa all ur complains while I was away...gud job 2 u doc and others
tanx doc. Its the bulbar conjuctiva,dey r exceptionaly brown. I don't smoke nor drink.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marquiseT(f): 1:12am On Oct 28, 2014
Thank you doc,but I didn't get an answer to my question about severe headache after reflection to light source,tv,projector,the sun..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by powerblaze(m): 2:08am On Oct 28, 2014
drsteroid:
might be filaria worms..anti parasitic drugs can hep kill deses worms..there might still be other causes 2 dis,I wil advise u visit an eye clinic 4 proper examination and diagnosis..tanx

Thanks any recommended medication?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kateobi: 2:20am On Oct 28, 2014
pls my daughters r twins 5 month old and I noticed discharge frm their eyes and it has taken long to clear.pls can I use chloramphenicol 4 them ?afraid 4 their age pls advice
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 4:01am On Oct 28, 2014
What causes excessive eye blinking accompanied by frequent weakness of the eye and eye strain ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by faaz24: 5:51am On Oct 28, 2014
[quote author=drsteroid post=27481110]when did the somtin hit the person,and did u visit an eye clinic immediately it happened..pls try provide more info and tell if d person is experiencing pain or any other symptoms..tanx
he is not xperiencing any pain or any oda symptons, its jst dat d stain refused to go away .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by cedarking: 5:59am On Oct 28, 2014
Pls can you recommend an eye clinic where pterygium can be properly removed in lagos with the best expertise.
Thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2014
drsteroid:
it shows u re highly photophobic,try reduce the brightness of ur laptop screen..and avoid 2 much bright light..or better still u can visit an eye clinic were a photochromic lens can be prescribed 2 u with ur refractive correction if any..tanx
Thanks Dr
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 9:56am On Oct 28, 2014
kateobi:
pls my daughters r twins 5 month old and I noticed discharge frm their eyes and it has taken long to clear.pls can I use chloramphenicol 4 them ?afraid 4 their age pls advice
Pls don't use any eyedrop for now except they have been examined by an eye doctor. The thing abt babies is dat their eyes r still undergoing changes. Wat color of discharge ? Is it ropy or mucous? Is it a daily discharge ? And their it make their eyelids get a lil stuck 2gether wen they wake up?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by inception101(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2014
Good morning to u all, pls how do I make my eyes whiter and brighter ....... Its just too brown and red + I don't smoke
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2014
hirrabyahooc:
So my mom keeps having surgery done on her eyes for glaucoma and because of the surgeries that were carried out on the eyes she's now developing cataracts. The recovery period after the surgeries are usually painful and slow and sometimes with extreme photophobia. Isn't there an alternative to surgery?
Usually glaucoma drugs r the first line of action in managing glaucoma, surgeries are only done when the drugs r not effective or the glaucoma is advanced especially when it result frm blockage of the aqueous drainage and needs more aggressive approach. If that is the case (advanced glaucoma) then she will have to cope with the treatment. For the cataracts, she might have to wait until its mature. My regards to her.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2014
NICE TO BE BACK...Mods am still wondering y I was banned in the first place. Daris god ooooo.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2014
drsteroid:
. Photophobia is a symptom tellin u smtin iz wrong wit ur eye. So its better u go to ur eye dr so he or she diagnoses d underlyin cause.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Opzy94(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2014
Ma eyes re red,wit discharges(juxt lyk weeping),blur atimes when reading on phone(especially at night),unable to see long diztance clearly......i tink it's hereditory but please wat can i do to solve this??

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.