Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195429 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
tonyayo1:
I'm having some kind of movement in both my eyes and they itches me, I do scratch them also, what can be the problem and what am I suppose to do?
thats sign of allergic conjuctivitis,which results 4rm exposure 2 allergens like dust,smoke etc..kindly visit an eye clinic and see a doctor

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hello Dr thanks for d good work u doing. God bless u.

In my case, i had appolo n wanted it to go dat instant it occured, i used a very harsh eyedrop n d following day my eye was completely covered, later i struggled to make it open n eventually treated d apolo. Later i started noticing my vision was blurred, so i ignored it feeling it would clear. One morning, i woke up n though d right eye which had d apolo was open, but i couldnt see wit it, i only see wit d left eye. Since it was an emergency i ran to an eye dr who gave some prescription n dat was how d eye got open n i could see.

So i had to check into central hospital to see anoda eye dr. D prescribed drug dosage was making me swell, had to stop it. Its effect was killing. I read d test board n was unable to identify d alphabets in d last 2 lines with my right eye. Now I got a blurred vision n do see black spot going along ma vision.

Please how can i get my eyes completely cleared n d black spot removed as well. Thanks. Please
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ayo081(m): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
drsteroid:
visine can't take care of that,it is a vasoconstrictor.
tanx alot doc, so ntng else dan to visit a clinic?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 5:27am On Oct 30, 2014
saintruky:

In my case, i had appolo n wanted it to go dat instant it occured, i used a very harsh eyedrop n d following day my eye was completely covered, later i struggled to make it open n eventually treated d apolo. Later i started noticing my vision was blurred, so i ignored it feeling it would clear. One morning, i woke up n though d right eye which had d apolo was open, but i couldnt see wit it, i only see wit d left eye. Since it was an emergency i ran to an eye dr who gave some prescription n dat was how d eye got open n i could see.

So i had to check into central hospital to see anoda eye dr. D prescribed drug dosage was making me swell, had to stop it. Its effect was killing. I read d test board n was unable to identify d alphabets in d last 2 lines with my right eye. Now I got a blurred vision n do see black spot going along ma vision.

Please how can i get my eyes completely cleared n d black spot removed as well. Thanks. Please
please I wil like 2 know the name of the eyedrop u used, and wot the doctor diagnosed you of having..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 30, 2014
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT: CAN YOU SAVE PA ALEX?

Pa Alex, 60 was hosting his daughter’s wedding reception. A typical Nigerian, he was determined to make the most of the opportunity and he sweated out his rotund frame on the dance floor gyrating and spraying currency on his baby. Then all hell broke loose. He collapsed. In the commotion that ensued, he slipped away silently...

Help save Pa Alex at http://www.primerhealth.com.ng/2014/10/basic-life-support-can-you-save-pa-alex.html?m=1
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 8:55am On Oct 30, 2014
drsteroid:
please I wil like 2 know the name of the eyedrop u used, and wot the doctor diagnosed you of having..tanx

thanks for ur prompt response Sir.

D 1st Dr i met when i couldnt see a thing with d eye prescribed predisolone tab, Vistulent n Optodexine eye drops, he didnt run a diagnosis.

D Dr at d central hospital didnt tell me d result of d diagnosis, cos after reading d board to d level i did, she said since i could identify to dat level, nufin was seriously wrong, then she prescribed predsolone tab, metro tab/ meta B (drug pregnant women take once a week) n Optodexine. Thats it thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:16am On Oct 30, 2014
saintruky:

thanks for ur prompt response Sir.

D 1st Dr i met when i couldnt see a thing with d eye prescribed predisolone tab, Vistulent n Optodexine eye drops, he didnt run a diagnosis.

D Dr at d central hospital didnt tell me d result of d diagnosis, cos after reading d board to d level i did, she said since i could identify to dat level, nufin was seriously wrong, then she prescribed predsolone tab, metro tab/ meta B (drug pregnant women take once a week) n Optodexine. Thats it thanks.
the black spot u complain of is a sign of floaters in ur visual field. A proper ophthalmoscopy procedure must be carried out on u 2 know which part of the eye it is located,either in the anterior chamber or posterior chamber..pls try go 2 ur eye doctor and explain 2 him..vistulent is a good drug 4 thatm..thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2014
Ayo081:

tanx alot doc, so ntng else dan to visit a clinic?
yes...so that the doctor can thoroughly examine u to know if there is any underlying cause to it..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2014
drsteroid:
the black spot u complain of is a sign of floaters in ur visual field. A proper ophthalmoscopy procedure must be carried out on u 2 know which part of the eye it is located,either in the anterior chamber or posterior chamber..pls try go 2 ur eye doctor and explain 2 him..vistulent is a good drug 4 thatm..thanks

Thanks Dr. I shall visit an eye dr tomoro morning n bring u scores. I do hope eye drops can delete d floaters?
Another thing is dat d left eye is more visible than d right eye. D left is sharp but d right is blurr..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2014
drsteroid:

Thanks Dr. I shall visit an eye dr tomoro morning n bring u scores. I do hope eye drops can delete d floaters? Guess d floaters isnt a serious eye case?
Another thing is dat d left eye is more visible than d right eye. D left is sharp but d right is blurr..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ayo081(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
drsteroid:
yes...so that the doctor can fukky examine u to know if there is any underlying cause to it..tanx
tank u very much!
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
drsteroid:
dr steroid cataract may b suspected frm my point of reasoning.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
saintruky:

do u notice coloured circles around lights? Re u also photophobic? Do u find it difficult seeing in nt well lightened places
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
optm:
do u notice coloured circles around lights? Re u also photophobic? Do u find it difficult seeing in nt well lightened places

no i do not notice color circles around light. I only had difficulties seeing in not well lightened places at d initial b4 i commenced treatment. D issue now is if d floaters are removed i can see brightly like d left eye does. I'm seeing like am putting on a cracked eye lens.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
drsteroid:

I also used Bioptic N eye ointment.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
optm:
dr steroid cataract may b suspected frm my point of reasoning.
his case hx is not fully detailed,making cataract a suspect also.I beliv only a comprehensive eye test can rily bring out a good diagnosis of his problem.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 8:38am On Nov 01, 2014
drsteroid:

Gud morning Dr, i was at an eye clinic yesterday. I was able to identify completely d alphabet on d examining board wit both eyes, one at a tyme.

I'd explain to d dr who inturn used a torch to survey d eye critically n said nufin was wrong n dat d floaters are located in d Vitrous chambers n floater thus occur naturally in some of d eye chambers. I was wrong to use timolol eyedrop. I also told her an owl/bat hit ma eye one certain night. Thats it.

Happy new month.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
saintruky:

Gud morning Dr, i was at an eye clinic yesterday. I was able to identify completely d alphabet on d examining board wit both eyes, one at a tyme.

I'd explain to d dr who inturn used a torch to survey d eye critically n said nufin was wrong n dat d floaters are located in d Vitrous chambers n floater thus occur naturally in some of d eye chambers. I was wrong to use timolol eyedrop. I also told her an owl/bat hit ma eye one certain night. Thats it.

Happy new month.
happy new month bro..am very happy u responded swiftly 2 my advise..floaters in the vitreous is as a result of shedding of dead cells in the vitreous for regeneration of new ones 2 take place..it is usually innocuos..retinal tear,retinal detachment either rhegmatogenous,exudative,tractional retinal detachment also presents with same symptoms.hence the need 2 rule out all these.cos they are sight threatening.timolol is a beta blocker drug which helps to reduce the amount of aqueous produce,resulting to decrease in IOP.it is one of the drug combination used by patients suffering 4rm high intraocular pressure and glaucoma 2 bring down IOP.hence,u don't nid such drug unless u ve been diagnosed of any of these.u can get antiocidant drug 4rm ur eye doctor to help speed up the disappearance of the floaters 4rm the vitreous.tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by edfornaija: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
Please i need your candid advise.

Almost 2 months ago, I mistakenly hit my eye on an object.
I felt pain and felt something like sand was in my eye but actually nothing was in it.

i was treated by an eye doctor, gave me some eye drops and after a month, i felt no pain again.

But now, i noticed a small scar in the middle of my black pupil (for sight). The eye ointment the eye doc gave me which i am applying presently, seems not to reduce or remove the scar though my vision was not affected.

What can i do? pls i need reply asap.

Thanks so much and God bless.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 12:09am On Nov 02, 2014
drsteroid:
happy new month bro..am very happy u responded swiftly 2 my advise..floaters in the vitreous is as a result of shedding of dead cells in the vitreous for regeneration of new ones 2 take place..it is usually innocuos..retinal tear,retinal detachment either rhegmatogenous,exudative,tractional retinal detachment also presents with same symptoms.hence the need 2 rule out all these.cos they are sight threatening.timolol is a beta blocker drug which helps to reduce the amount of aqueous produce,resulting to decrease in IOP.it is one of the drug combination used by patients suffering 4rm high intraocular pressure and glaucoma 2 bring down IOP.hence,u don't nid such drug unless u ve been diagnosed of any of these.u can get antiocidant drug 4rm ur eye doctor to help speed up the disappearance of the floaters 4rm the vitreous.tanx

Thanks Dr for refering me back to d medical register n my oxford dictionary, was a superb experience.

Pls i'd prefer u to give me antioxidant prescription plssssssss. Though d eye Dr prescribed Vistulent n Optodexine. But urs shall i use? Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2014
edfornaija:
Please i need your candid advise.

Almost 2 months ago, I mistakenly hit my eye on an object.
I felt pain and felt something like sand was in my eye but actually nothing was in it.

i was treated by an eye doctor, gave me some eye drops and after a month, i felt no pain again.

But now, i noticed a small scar in the middle of my black pupil (for sight). The eye ointment the eye doc gave me which i am applying presently, seems not to reduce or remove the scar though my vision was not affected.

What can i do? pls i need reply asap.

Thanks so much and God bless.
trauma 2 the eyeball is one of the causes of cataract I.e traumatic cataract.I believe the discolouration u see through ur pupil might be caused by cataract.it can also be a cornea scar resulting 4rm cornea damage. I wil like 2 see a pix of the eye if possible.u can see an eye doctor asap.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
saintruky:

Thanks Dr for refering me back to d medical register n my oxford dictionary, was a superb experience.

Pls i'd prefer u to give me antioxidant prescription plssssssss. Though d eye Dr prescribed Vistulent n Optodexine. But urs shall i use? Thanks.
the drugs prescribed by the doctor is perfectly ok..there is really no difference btw these drugs and the one i would av advised u 2 get..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by saintruky(m): 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
drsteroid:
the drugs prescribed by the doctor is perfectly ok..there is really no difference btw these drugs and the one i would av advised u 2 get..

I've used both before. I'd like to try urs Sir.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marquiseT(f): 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
@ drsteriod
My mom feels pains in her eyes like there is a needle pricking her....what do you think is the cause and what would you recommend. Thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
marquiseT:
@ drsteriod
My mom feels pains in her eyes like there is a needle pricking her....what do you think is the cause and what would you recommend. Thank you
dry eyes,allergic conjunctivitis,cornea abrasion,pterygium,trichiasis are some of the causes of prickling sensation. I wil like 2 know how old is ur mum,cos post menopausal women are prone 2 having dry eyes
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
saintruky:

I've used both before. I'd like to try urs Sir.
how long did u use d drugs? I wil like u 2 send me a request on bbm or we talk more on whatsapp,so thaat I can really know why u realy need 2 change your drugs.tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marquiseT(f): 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
drsteroid:
dry eyes,allergic conjunctivitis,cornea abrasion,pterygium,trichiasis are some of the causes of prickling sensation. I wil like 2 know how old is ur mum,cos post menopausal women are prone 2 having dry eyes
She is 53...u tink its menopause signal
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
drsteroid:
thats sign of allergic conjuctivitis,which results 4rm exposure 2 allergens like dust,smoke etc..kindly visit an eye clinic and see a doctor
any remedy for dry eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
stardragon:

any remedy for dry eyes?
yes! Anti allergic drugs combined with artificial tears are very effective in treating dry eyes,and relieving the patient 4rm dry eye symptoms
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
marquiseT:

She is 53...u tink its menopause signal
its very much possible if no cornea problem or other pathological cause.artificial tears and anti allergic drugs can help her feel much better and stop the prickling sensation,but she needs visit an eye clinic so that copious irrigation can be done 2 know if there is any fb in her eyes so that it can be removed..after then,drugs can be prescribed to her.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
drsteroid:
yes! Anti allergic drugs combined with artificial tears are very effective in treating dry eyes,and relieving the patient 4rm dry eye symptoms
u mean it can be treated totaly or healed?

and where can i get the drugs?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by U1(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
Thanks, drsteroid, for starting this thread and for all the helpful suggestions you're making. God bless you and others who have chipped in a thing or two. I need your help also.

I've been battling with progressively worsening blurred vision for years. Glasses have not helped to check the unpleasant phenomenon. Do glasses ever stop or halt blurry vision issues? May I also know what could be responsible for involuntary tears from the eyes? If it matters, I use phones and laptops for most part of my waking hours.

You once made mention of a special eyeglasses for people using laptops regularly. What are the glasses called and please how do I get a pair of those? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.