Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,615 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195866 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by RichyBendollar(m): 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
PLEASE HELP , I can’t even read for my final year exam , I feel weight in the left part of my head when ever i try to read any thing , when ever i dont get the pain i get blur vision , i have seen up to 4 different optician they keep giving eye drop and new glasses which do worK for 3 days and my eyes begin to reject it and I continue with the pain and blur vision , but I don’t feel this pain if i try reading early in the morning when i wake up I don’t even get a blur vision , Right now i am confused i dont know what to do or where to go i keep spending money on eye drops and glasses which do work only for 3days and i go back to pain and blur vision I have gone for Glaucoma test which came out negative , I use to be a heavy phone user cause i love to read online ,PLS HELP I AM TOO YOUNG TO BE GOING THROUGH ALL THIS EYE PROBLEM
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by RichyBendollar(m): 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2023
Sometimes while reading it feels like my vision is fading away gradually until it becomes blur ,it cause headache on the left part of my head , it feels like my eye muscle are strain and i have reduced the time i give to the screen but still do feel this pain any time i try reading , with Glass or without it, my room is filled up of glasses from different optician ,anytime i go to complain they recommend another glasses saying it is the only thing that can correct it but dey do work only for 3 days and i am back to normal headache and blur vision my left eye keep draging me and i feel the connection of my left eye to my brain , sometimes headache behind my two eyes i can feel the muscle moving anytime i try reading ,They keep making my problem look like they is no solution , in this present age hpw can I become great if i cant read , the problem only come when i try to read or look at the TV , i am not long or short sighted , I have stoped alcohol and other things that could be the cause but problem is not going away .Could it be from my brain , why do the glasses do work for 3 days and stop ? Should i keep changing opticians , 3 in lagos and one in Anambra yet no solution , Why i have to leave with this forever ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:22am On Apr 18, 2023
Lightangel65:

Good day doctor. I am having lots of floaters form an accident I had almost a year back. The doctor says there is nothing I can do. But I heard that there is laser therapy for it to destroy the floaters. Pls I wanted to inquire where I can get the procedure done in Nigeria and how much.
you should probably have a comprehensive eye exam to rule out for a retinal tear . I really cannot make a recommendation where you can get laser treatment for floaters in Nigeria as I am not aware of any yet
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:27am On Apr 18, 2023
RichyBendollar:
PLEASE HELP , I can’t even read for my final year exam , I feel weight in the left part of my head when ever i try to read any thing , when ever i dont get the pain i get blur vision , i have seen up to 4 different optician they keep giving eye drop and new glasses which do worK for 3 days and my eyes begin to reject it and I continue with the pain and blur vision , but I don’t feel this pain if i try reading early in the morning when i wake up I don’t even get a blur vision , Right now i am confused i dont know what to do or where to go i keep spending money on eye drops and glasses which do work only for 3days and i go back to pain and blur vision I have gone for Glaucoma test which came out negative , I use to be a heavy phone user cause i love to read online ,PLS HELP I AM TOO YOUNG TO BE GOING THROUGH ALL THIS EYE PROBLEM
ensure your lenses are clean first . I get patients sometimes who complain their glasses no longer help them see well; only to discover that their lenses are not clean. Secondly Do a blood sugar test and if ok, you may probably have to get an artificial tear drops and see if it helps
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:30am On Apr 18, 2023
RichyBendollar:
Sometimes while reading it feels like my vision is fading away gradually until it becomes blur ,it cause headache on the left part of my head , it feels like my eye muscle are strain and i have reduced the time i give to the screen but still do feel this pain any time i try reading , with Glass or without it, my room is filled up of glasses from different optician ,anytime i go to complain they recommend another glasses saying it is the only thing that can correct it but dey do work only for 3 days and i am back to normal headache and blur vision my left eye keep draging me and i feel the connection of my left eye to my brain , sometimes headache behind my two eyes i can feel the muscle moving anytime i try reading ,They keep making my problem look like they is no solution , in this present age hpw can I become great if i cant read , the problem only come when i try to read or look at the TV , i am not long or short sighted , I have stoped alcohol and other things that could be the cause but problem is not going away .Could it be from my brain , why do the glasses do work for 3 days and stop ? Should i keep changing opticians , 3 in lagos and one in Anambra yet no solution , Why i have to leave with this forever ?
I sympathize with you on your ordeal. The last glasses you did, how long ago did you get them?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by BunmiBie: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
On Friday I woke up with my right eye red and slightly painful then the second day the two eyes are red and slightly painful especially when I bend to pick something. By Sunday afternoon the eyes are cleared and fine.
Today, I woke up again with left eye red and slightly painful.

What I noticed is that this happened after taking cough medication on Thursday. Last night I took medication for sore throat due to ear infection.
Please, advise. I plan to visit the clinic later this week.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by RichyBendollar(m): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2023
optm:
I sympathize with you on your ordeal. The last glasses you did, how long ago did you get them?
About a month ago , the Artificial tear drop can i get it in a chemist what brand is the best i can get , can high sugar level be the cause , sometimes it look like my eyes are using enough energy to focus and read something , it feels good in the morning, I always clean my glasses every 2 days hoping for good result but still no change , I will be going to see a new optician today , is they something i should tell them to look out for , Thanks so much for your time
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2023
RichyBendollar:

About a month ago , the Artificial tear drop can i get it in a chemist what brand is the best i can get , can high sugar level be the cause , sometimes it look like my eyes are using enough energy to focus and read something , it feels good in the morning, I always clean my glasses every 2 days hoping for good result but still no change , I will be going to see a new optician today , is they something i should tell them to look out for , Thanks so much for your time
you could relate my earlier reply to your doc but i trust he or she should know what to do and do update us on the outcome of your visit
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
BunmiBie:
On Friday I woke up with my right eye red and slightly painful then the second day the two eyes are red and slightly painful especially when I bend to pick something. By Sunday afternoon the eyes are cleared and fine.
Today, I woke up again with left eye red and slightly painful.

What I noticed is that this happened after taking cough medication on Thursday. Last night I took medication for sore throat due to ear infection.
Please, advise. I plan to visit the clinic later this week.
well , i really cannot say what might have been the cause. Try make a clinic appointment for that
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by RichyBendollar(m): 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2023
optm:
you could relate my earlier reply to your doc but i trust he or she should know what to do and do update us on the outcome of your visit

I told him about the Artificial tear drop he said thats not needed still testing new glasses to see which one is better but they keep feeling like the Glasses want to pull out my eye ball
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
RichyBendollar:

I told him about the Artificial tear drop he said thats not needed still testing new glasses to see which one is better but they keep feeling like the Glasses want to pull out my eye ball
ok . Since he 's seeing you in person , he should be able to sort you out
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by PharmD911: 12:38pm On May 17, 2023
Hi optm
So I went to optician cos my glasses used to cause me pain after using it for long, and my eye itches me when using my phone at night. So I was thinking I needed a change of lenses but he only prescribed diclofenac eye drop for me instead and told me to come back for refractive error test bla bla, pls what do you think about using the diclofenac eye drop cos in my history of using glasses, I have never used an eye drop before?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by PharmD911: 12:45pm On May 17, 2023
optm:
ok . Since he 's seeing you in person , he should be able to sort you out

Hi optm
So I went to optician cos my glasses used to cause me pain after using it for long, and my eye itches me when using my phone at night. So I was thinking I needed a change of lenses but he only prescribed diclofenac eye drop for me instead and told me to come back for refractive error test bla bla, pls what do you think about using the diclofenac eye drop cos in my history of using glasses, I have never used an eye drop before?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:27pm On May 17, 2023
PharmD911:

Hi optm
it's ok. Do as he has told you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by bowintrillz(m): 6:34am On May 29, 2023
Hey doc

Please can you recommend any eye center that does lasik in Lagos? I think it's time I drop this glasses for good. Lol
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Dumartz: 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good evening doc, plz my left eyelid is swollen like boil & it's painful, tho i applied penicillin ointment on it yesterday & also took ibuprofen, tho d pain have stopped. What do i do to make d swell on d eyelid to heal
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
bowintrillz:
Hey doc

Please can you recommend any eye center that does lasik in Lagos? I think it's time I drop this glasses for good. Lol
check out eye foundation hospital or skipper eye q
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
Dumartz:
Good evening doc, plz my left eyelid is swollen like boil & it's painful, tho i applied penicillin ointment on it yesterday & also took ibuprofen, tho d pain have stopped. What do i do to make d swell on d eyelid to heal
what you described here seems like Hordeoleum. Antibiotic eye drops or ointment would do fine for it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Dumartz: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
optm:
what you described here seems like Hordeoleum. Antibiotic eye drops or ointment would do fine for it
Thanks doc, i appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Bentarhe(m): 4:30am On Jun 12, 2023
Good day doc.
I started having issues with my eyes in 2014 (prior to that, they were in good condition)
I had blurriness. When I visited the eye clinic, I was given drugs(had reactions to those, boils but I finished them) and glasses.
Fast forward to the present, I still use my glasses
I visited an eye clinic to change my glasses a few months back, they suggested I test for glacomma(I did the test)
Well, the doc said that I should do another test in 6 months to compare and see if I do have glacoma (that there is no definitive test)
Ok the issue bothering me, (he warned me that my brain might start just using my right eye only since left eye is significantly weaker, both lenses has the same prescription).
I have been conscious of that fact and from time I close one eye to check if there is improvement or otherwise.
I go about my everyday business quite fine, am just not satisfied with my diagnostic or results currently, and would like a recommendation of an eye clinic to try, am based in delta state.
Also, I noticed when I use an inhaler to clear any nose blockage (left or right), it kinda relief stress in the eye(I find that tearing up can also relief stress).
My left eye is blurry, it is itchy sometimes hence whenever it tears up it relaxes
My condition may also be hereditary, my dad has eye defects too.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
Is 18 eye pressure OK for Glaucoma patient.

Cc: optm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
Antiochus:
Is 18 eye pressure OK for Glaucoma patient.

Cc: optm
there is no one fit all presure for glaucoma. Everyone with their unique case. The goal is to get the pressure where there is no progression of the disease
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
optm:
there is no one fit all presure for glaucoma. Everyone with their unique case. The goal is to get the pressure where there is no progression of the disease

In our previous discussion. I told you I didn't do any CVF check last year and no pressure check too due to some things that happened to me and my family. And you advised me to do a check up to ascertain if the disease is not progressing I went today but only pressure was checked and was given an appointment to come back October to see a consultant which is too far for me. The pressure measured 18 that is why I asked such question just to know if the pressure is not high for my condition.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
Antiochus:

In our previous discussion. I told you I didn't do any CVF check last year and no pressure check too due to some things that happened to me and my family. And you advised me to do a check up to ascertain if the disease is not progressing I went today but only pressure was checked and was given an appointment to come back October to see a consultant which is too far for me. The pressure measured 18 that is why I asked such question just to know if the pressure is not high for my condition.
what was the pressure it used to be? Was your corneal thickness measured at any time?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
optm:
what was the pressure it used to be? Was your corneal thickness measured at any time?

It used to measure 12, 15. There was a time it was measuring 22 when I was using Betaxolol so It was changed to DuoSopt in 2021. So I have been on that DuoSopt since 2021. My corneal thickness has never been measured.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 1:45am On Jun 20, 2023
Optm please reply the last mention
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:51am On Jun 20, 2023
Antiochus:

It used to measure 12, 15. There was a time it was measuring 22 when I was using Betaxolol so It was changed to DuoSopt in 2021. So I have been on that DuoSopt since 2021. My corneal thickness has never been measured.
sorry!! i tried replying earlier but my phone was acting up.
on how many occasions were the pressures 12, 15? What meds were you on then? What time of the day were these measurements made?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 5:23am On Jun 20, 2023
optm:
sorry!! i tried replying earlier but my phone was acting up.
on how many occasions were the pressures 12, 15? What meds were you on then? What time of the day were these measurements made?

While on Betaxolol it measured 12 but it later started measuring 21 at some point so I was placed on another drop DuoSopt while on DuoSopt it measured 15 but now I was told 18.

The time of the day when the measurements were made was afternoon.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:21am On Jun 20, 2023
Antiochus:

While on Betaxolol it measured 12 but it later started measuring 21 at some point so I was placed on another drop DuoSopt while on DuoSopt it measured 15 but now I was told 18.

The time of the day when the measurements were made was afternoon.
well we cannot conclude with just one measurement, continue on the duosopt and repeat measurement while on it. Let's see what the next is
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:26am On Jun 20, 2023
Bentarhe:
Good day doc.
I started having issues with my eyes in 2014 (prior to that, they were in good condition)
I had blurriness. When I visited the eye clinic, I was given drugs(had reactions to those, boils but I finished them) and glasses.
Fast forward to the present, I still use my glasses
I visited an eye clinic to change my glasses a few months back, they suggested I test for glacomma(I did the test)
Well, the doc said that I should do another test in 6 months to compare and see if I do have glacoma (that there is no definitive test)
Ok the issue bothering me, (he warned me that my brain might start just using my right eye only since left eye is significantly weaker, both lenses has the same prescription).
I have been conscious of that fact and from time I close one eye to check if there is improvement or otherwise.
I go about my everyday business quite fine, am just not satisfied with my diagnostic or results currently, and would like a recommendation of an eye clinic to try, am based in delta state.
Also, I noticed when I use an inhaler to clear any nose blockage (left or right), it kinda relief stress in the eye(I find that tearing up can also relief stress).
My left eye is blurry, it is itchy sometimes hence whenever it tears up it relaxes
My condition may also be hereditary, my dad has eye defects too.
i am sorry i really do not know so much about clinics in delta. You could search on google to find results on clinics around you

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 6:45am On Jun 20, 2023
optm:
well we cannot conclude with just one measurement, continue on the duosopt and repeat measurement while on it. Let's see what the next is

Alright sir thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.