Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,507 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students - Education (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students (59880 Views)

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / Polytechnics Barred From Admitting Business, Art Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
mathefaro:
I'm not sure you guys are prepping for UTME with the kind of questions you're throwing in especially the mathematics. If you feel like flexing muscles with strong questions, you can move over to the nairaland maths clinic. Most of these questions you guys are posting are beyond the scope of UTME.
lipsrsealed owk sire.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
Aragonal,calcite and coral are the ore of which element..?
1.Na
2.Al
3.Ca
4.none
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
As we go down the group the atomic radius................... and the ionization energy ..............?
Give a reason for your anwser with just two statement.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
Which of the following compound give a hissing sound,when undergoing certain process?
1.P2O5
2.P2O3
3.CaO
4.Sio2
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by thankyouJesus(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Halpher:

ur 1st answer is wrong.
owkk

yes, thank you. It should be
$(3dx)/(4x-1)3
3$dx/(4x-1)3
let u= 4x-1
du/dx = 4
dx= du/4
3$(du/4)/u3
(3/4)$du/u3
[(3/4)(u)(-3+1)]/[-3+1]
-[3/8(4x-1)2] + c

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by thankyouJesus(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
Halpher:
Factorise
2X^2 +3X + 10 / (x+1) (x+3)
since you insist the question is correct, therefore, the solution is
2 - [(1)/(4x+1)] - [19/(4x+12)]
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:42am On Oct 19, 2014
thankyouJesus:
since you insist the question is correct, therefore, the solution is
2 - [(1)/(4x+1)] - [19/(4x+12)]
Still wrong.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by thankyouJesus(m): 7:36am On Oct 19, 2014
Please what is the answer?
Halpher:

Still wrong.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by tuwayz(m): 11:50am On Oct 19, 2014
Halpher:
Factorise
2X^2 +3X + 10 / (x+1) (x+3)
(-2x/x+3) + [(5x+10)/(x^2+4x+3)]
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
tuwayz:

(-2x/x+3) + [(5x+10)/(x^2+4x+3)]
Still wrong.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
Have this peepz
19.04g of ammonia were mixed with 31.10g of hcl gas in a closed container.
A)which of the reactant were in excess and by how much??
B)how much ammonium chloride is formed?
C)how much more of the insuffiecient reactant,would be needed to completely react with excess of other reactant.
N=14, H=1, Cl=35.5
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
1)What did u knw as isotopes??

2)There are two isotopes of chlorine with mass num 35 and 37 respectively. If the isotopes exist in the ratio Of 3:1,the lighter the isotope being abundance.what is the relative atomic mass of chlorine?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
Given that the mean relative atomic mass of chlorine contains two isotope of mass num 35 and 37,what is the percentage composition of the isotope of mass num 37?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Destilo(f): 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
mathefaro:
I'm not sure you guys are prepping for UTME with the kind of questions you're throwing in especially the mathematics. If you feel like flexing muscles with strong questions, you can move over to the nairaland maths clinic. Most of these questions you guys are posting are beyond the scope of UTME.
Thank God, u observed it too.
@Ben should do something about dis. thank u
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Destilo(f): 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
@mathfaro n other maths expert in d house help me solve dis...am not sure of My answers...
1. Find the distance between the point (4, 3) and the point common to the lines 2x - y = 4 and x + y = 2.

2. A(5, 3) and B(2, -1) are two vertices of a square ABCD and D is on the x-axis. Find the coordinates of C and D.

3. A point P moves so that it is equidistant from points L(-2, 2) and M(5, 1).
a. Find the locus of P
b. Show that the locus of P is a perpendicular bisector of the line LM.

4. The vertices of a parallelogram PQRS are P(a, 7), Q(7, 5), R(0, 4) and S(6, 2). Calculate
a. the gradient of PQ
b. the value of a
c. the gradient of SR

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
pls rumies if u are droping anytin(subject) pls specify d topic not jst dat alone.....i have been around but have decided not to drop anytin.....@ kealmin has been doing a gud hob here following his proceedure will benefit everybody here he started from chapter one and he is now currently in chapter four and i strongly believe he will post chemistry chapter four question today or next

so guys lets not abuse priviledges by posting anytin jst to tell people we no sometin....if u are posting ten questions let them all come from dsame topic. Thanks and pls if i see anyone doing sometin dat is anti beneficial to dis thread i may b force to report u......once again thank u

expect continueous update starting from nov first
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Benjaminbest:
pls rumies if u are droping anytin(subject) pls specify d topic not jst dat alone.....i have been around but have decided not to drop anytin.....@ kealmin has been doing a gud hob here following his proceedure will benefit everybody here he started from chapter one and he is now currently in chapter four and i strongly believe he will post chemistry chapter four question today or next

so guys lets not abuse priviledges by posting anytin jst to tell people we no sometin....if u are posting ten questions let them all come from dsame topic. Thanks and pls if i see anyone doing sometin dat is anti beneficial to dis thread i may b force to report u......once again thank u

sad owk.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Benjaminbest:

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Kealmin(m): 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hapi sunday to my snr boss in d house....let me point out sometin here anytin u are doing here is nt for odas alone but also to help urself so guys lets bring sometin up to celebrate our sunday enjoyment grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Kealmin(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
Questions dat u are likely to come across from chapter four in chemistry......atomic structure.chemical combination is d topic

an element belongs to a period in d periodic table because of.........
A d number of electron in it outermost shell
B d shell number
C d size of d atom
D d electronic configuration in d azimthal quantum number

d major reason why chemical reaction occurs among element is dat dey have tendency to......
A attain d nearest noble gas
B become a metal
C become a non metal
D become a noble gas

in electrovalency most metallic atoms with few valence electron give out electron because
A they are unstable
B they require less energy to give d electron away
C they require more enerdy to give d electron away
D they need non metal to operate

in electrovalency, valence electron are transferred and d atomic number is
A reduced
B stabilize
C unaffected
D destabilized

arrangement of ion in a regular repeating pattern in a solid crystal is called
A configuration
B atomic structure
C lattice
D buffer

If a force is applied to an electrovalent crystal
A d shape will b deformed
B d shape will not be deformed
C d crystall will not b fractured
D d shape and d crystal structure will b deformed

d bond type in diatomic nitrigen gas is
A double convalent bond
B tripple convalent bond
C single convalent bond
D double ionic bond

d bond between copper || ion and water molecule is
A electrovalent bond
B convent bond
C hydrogen bond
D dative convalent bond

d bond between two iodine molecule is
A co..ordinate bond
B electrovalent bond
C ionic bond
D van derwaals bond

bonds between a highly electronegative atom and hydrogen from another molecule is called
A hydrogen bond
B convalent bond
C iner molecular force
D ligand

rare gas are stable because
A are monatomic
B are volatile gases
C form ion easily
Dhave no neutron in dier outermost shell
E have duplet and octet in dier outermost shell

which of dis is dsame in isotope of an element
A mass number
B number of neutron
C number of proton and neutron
D relative atomic mass
E atomic number

which element has d electronic configuration of Is2 2s2 2p6 3s1
A chlorine
B calcium
C sodium.
D nitrogen

determine d maximum number of electrons that can occupy d principal energy level N of an atom.
A 18
B 24
C 8
D 32

HAPPY SUNDAY
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
Benjaminbest:
[quote author=Halpher post=27274870][/quote] i dey see ur gud work. Note dat am not asking u to stop am jst telling u to make every post from a single topic....tanks thumb up
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Halpher:

sad owk.
i dey see ur gud work kip it coming and pls dont stop but pls try to b posting from a single topic
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
Kealmin:
Questions dat u are likely to come across from chapter four in chemistry......atomic structure.chemical combination is d topic

an element belongs to a period in d periodic table because of.........
A d number of electron in it outermost shell
B d shell number
C d size of d atom
D d electronic configuration in d azimthal quantum number

d major reason why chemical reaction occurs among element is dat dey have tendency to......
A attain d nearest noble gas
B become a metal
C become a non metal
D become a noble gas

in electrovalency most metallic atoms with few valence electron give out electron because
A they are unstable
B they require less energy to give d electron away
C they require more enerdy to give d electron away
D they need non metal to operate

in electrovalency, valence electron are transferred and d atomic number is
A reduced
B stabilize
C unaffected
D destabilized

arrangement of ion in a regular repeating pattern in a solid crystal is called
A configuration
B atomic structure
C lattice
D buffer

If a force is applied to an electrovalent crystal
A d shape will b deformed
B d shape will not be deformed
C d crystall will not b fractured
D d shape and d crystal structure will b deformed

d bond type in diatomic nitrigen gas is
A double convalent bond
B tripple convalent bond
C single convalent bond
D double ionic bond

d bond between copper || ion and water molecule is
A electrovalent bond
B convent bond
C hydrogen bond
D dative convalent bond

d bond between two iodine molecule is
A co..ordinate bond
B electrovalent bond
C ionic bond
D van derwaals bond

bonds between a highly electronegative atom and hydrogen from another molecule is called
A hydrogen bond
B convalent bond
C iner molecular force
D ligand

rare gas are stable because
A are monatomic
B are volatile gases
C form ion easily
Dhave no neutron in dier outermost shell
E have duplet and octet in dier outermost shell

which of dis is dsame in isotope of an element
A mass number
B number of neutron
C number of proton and neutron
D relative atomic mass
E atomic number

which element has d electronic configuration of Is2 2s2 2p6 3s1
A chlorine
B calcium
C sodium.
D nitrogen

determine d maximum number of electrons that can occupy d principal energy level N of an atom.
A 18
B 24
C 8
D 32

HAPPY SUNDAY
1.D
2.A-either duplet or octect structure.
3.It is propably A and B
Because A-unstable means they are highly reactive
And
B-because they require less energy to lure their electron from them.
4.D cos Num of electron=num of proton num so they do destablize/change too. and because both are also responsible for the electrical neutrality of an atom,so dem be twins.

5.C
6.C-because they are distict,and cannot be broken/separated.
7.B-u can deduced this by lewis dot notation
8.D- dative bonding as to do with gaining of proton to form a complexes.
9.E-specifically london dispersion forces is responsible for their solidification and liquifaction(non metal/noble gas.)
10.A
11.E
12.E-cos when an neutron is bombarded in an atom it affect only the mass no
13.C
14.D-2n^2- 32

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
Benjaminbest:
i dey see ur gud work kip it coming and pls dont stop but pls try to b posting from a single topic
Owk sire!

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by smartdave1: 1:32am On Oct 20, 2014
Kealmin:
1D
2C
3C
4B
5B
6B
7A
8C
9D
10B
11A
12C
13B
hmmm, I scored 9
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by igstars(f): 5:30am On Oct 20, 2014
i honestly plead 4 a whatsapp group pls
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2014
smartdave1:

hmmm, I scored 9
:-/ ifa hear. cheesy
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2014
Isotopes are elements that exihibit the same atomic number but different mass number.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2014
Relative atomic mass is 35.75
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 10:19am On Oct 20, 2014
proyeise:
Relative atomic mass is 35.75
35.5 sire.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by proyeise(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2014
What is the figurative expression for 'frightful monster'

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence' / 10 Pictures Only Nigerian University Students Will Understand / 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.