Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students (60075 Views)

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / Polytechnics Barred From Admitting Business, Art Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Incredyable(m): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
chimhigher: Bro m NT Tryna Claim Dah I Know It All...I jes Wanna Gv Dem D Secret of Hw 2 b conversant wt physics formulaes dax All pls Dont misquote me
I didn't say u knw it all.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 12:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Incredyable: I didn't say u knw it all.
Ok.... i get it
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by PrinceCEE(m): 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Incredyable: halpher myt be ryt ...
I guess he saw dat in lamlad's chemistry.
lols...

Ah ve been reading from the sideline.

Only God knows where he got his own intuition from.

Are u refering to the Lamlad I scanned through wella...... No no no, it's no way near Lamlad txt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by PrinceCEE(m): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
I can see that peeping in this thread is bringing more shiI to me. I begin to wonder if some do a kind of citation before posting anything cos I do appraise my writings before posting it.

How can someone preparing for Jamb say that water is hygroscopic, it's so screwy and annoying. It's an effing shame to Nigerian educational system.
My dear Halpher, try to learn from someone even if it's a kid cos I do learn from a child of 4yrs old. Grow up dude and accept fact.

Just recently in this thread, some kind of a guy said that 'has and had' are present tense while 'have' is their past tense. I tried correcting him in a rationalistic way but he was still head bent to his view..... Chai what a bigot.

Guess what

I let him be with his stinking ignorancegrin

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by UromOta(m): 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
is it true dat admitted students are not eligible to apply for dis
jamb?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Halpher: H20(l) is an example of what type of compound...?
No Option!

Halpher, you might be a good student but you're so arrogant... from the look of your posts it seems you believe you know all and u care not about others point of view. Now the answer to your above question:;

H2O is a binary compound and also a covalent compound. SIMple as that
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
PrinceCEE: I can see that peeping in this thread is bringing more shiI to me. I begin to wonder if some do a kind of citation before posting anything cos I do appraise my writings before posting it.
How can someone preparing for Jamb say that water is hygroscopic, it's so screwy and annoying. It's an effing shame to Nigerian educational system.
My dear Halpher, try to learn from someone even if it's a kid cos I do learn from a child of 4yrs old. Grow up dude and accept fact.
Just recently in this thread, some kind of a guy said that 'has and had' are present tense while 'have' is their past tense. I tried correcting him in a rationalistic way but he was still head bent to his view..... Chai what a bigot.
Guess what
lol yah u ryt i was laffing when i saw that has have nd had stuff..leave that hygroscopic guy..hes ResulT wl Tel
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
UromOta: is it true dat admitted students are not eligible to apply for dis
jamb?
Dey always say that every year... it's nothing... Let duh person register
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Now having said that, I want everyone viewing this thread to read this closely and read it good.

Water is not hygroscopic!
I believe you all know what hygroscopic substances are, if u don't just go through the thread you're bound to see it's definition.

Okay, now what are the isotopes of hydrogen?
1. Protium
2. Deuterium
3. Tritium

I ain't here to explain anything deeply so here it is.

Heavy water aka D2O is derived from Hydrogen-2 (deuterium). It is highly hygroscopic. It absorbs ”normal” water from air until it’s concentration is similar to the normal concentration of the water.

#CaseClosed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
chimhigher: lol yah u ryt i was laffing when i saw that has have nd had stuff..leave that hygroscopic guy..hes ResulT wl Tel

The guy is some how on point...his mistake was labeling H2O as hygroscopic. Instead it's D2O
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have heard a lot today but i tink d best tin is not by trying to shut down or mock d person. I tink d best tin is by letting d person believe his own theory of water being hydroscopic. Since we ve tried correcting him but he doesnt seem to see reason with us. So bros let dat b all case slose
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahmadjr: Now having said that, I want everyone viewing this thread to read this closely and read it good.
Water is not hygroscopic!
I believe you all know what hygroscopic substances are, if u don't just go through the thread you're bound to see it's definition.
Okay, now what are the isotopes of hydrogen?
1. Protium
2. Deuterium
3. Tritium
I ain't here to explain anything deeply so here it is.
Heavy water aka D2O is derived from Hydrogen-2 (deuterium). It is highly hygroscopic. It absorbs ”normal” water from air until it’s concentration is similar to the normal concentration of the water.
#CaseClosed
Nt Wili sure bout daht though u may b ryt.All i knw about Deuterium a.k.a Heavy Water is dah It iS used in Radioactivity 2 maintain a Chain reaction..i e regulate d Release Of Neutrons
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Deterium being hygroscopic is not completely agreed on because heavy water is very rare and is not sometin dat can easily been found so guys i tink will should go and do a proper research before posting anything on dis thread. Because somebody dat is not smart may check dis thread and take everyting written here he will b disapointed wen someone shut him down in public so guys lets not make dis an issue
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
chimhigher: lol yah u ryt i was laffing when i saw that has have nd had stuff..leave that hygroscopic guy..hes ResulT wl Tel
Lol! He's result would tell? Arrrg. Tell what? Shoi!
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
PrinceCEE: I can see that peeping in this thread is bringing more shiI to me. I begin to wonder if some do a kind of citation before posting anything cos I do appraise my writings before posting it.

Guess what

Hmmm! But here also think that.but I hate it when people do follow follow,without just giving their view and trying to view at the possibilty as some Senior guyz did! Tags:-Mr Francis,JR.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
Benjaminbest: Deterium being hygroscopic is not completely agreed on because heavy water is very rare and is not sometin dat can easily been found so guys i tink will should go and do a proper research before posting anything on dis thread. Because somebody dat is not smart may check dis thread and take everyting written here he will b disapointed wen someone shut him down in public so guys lets not make dis an issue
Abeg continue the good Work Mr.BenjaminBest! Issued closed.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
chimhigher: Nt Wili sure bout daht though u may b ryt.All i knw about Deuterium a.k.a Heavy Water is dah It iS used in Radioactivity 2 maintain a Chain reaction..i e regulate d Release Of Neutrons
Sorry, if you don't mind me correcting you, deuterium ain't heavy water buy heavy hydrogen, it is deuterium oxide that is know as heavy water. I know you probably know this but it's for the sake of those who don't and are picking one or two things from this thread
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Benjaminbest: Deterium being hygroscopic is not completely agreed on because heavy water is very rare and is not sometin dat can easily been found so guys i tink will should go and do a proper research before posting anything on dis thread. Because somebody dat is not smart may check dis thread and take everyting written here he will b disapointed wen someone shut him down in public so guys lets not make dis an issue

Pls re-read my post well, I never mentioned Deuterium as been hygroscopic. Yes heavy water (deuterium oxide) is rare but it is found in normal water, less than 1 part in 5000, so it can be separated directly from regular water by distillation or electrolysis. The fact of D2O being hygroscopic is not one that is questioned.... I think you should be the one to do more research.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
Halpher:
Abeg continue the good Work Mr.BenjaminBest! Issued closed.

Bros where did u even get the funny idea of water being hygroscopic?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
mathefaro: Sorry, if you don't mind me correcting you, deuterium ain't heavy water buy heavy hydrogen, it is deuterium oxide that is know as heavy water. I know you probably know this but it's for the sake of those who don't and are picking one or two things from this thread
So You are here acting as Mr.Save and Mr defender?
Cos I don't know what your reason for these now!
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
Halpher:
Hmmm! But here also think that.but I hate it when people do follow follow,without just giving their view and trying to view at the possibilty as some Senior guyz did! Tags:-Mr Francis,JR.

It's really not cool for a student to read blindly... lemme give you a simple illustration in Hi-definition;
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Halpher:
So You are here acting as Mr.Save and Mr defender?
Cos I don't know what your reason for these now!
Young man, why don't you just calm down and learn instead of being a nuisance? We all learn everyday of our lives and it isn't mandatory for you to make comments.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahmadjr:

Bros where did u even get the funny idea of water being hygroscopic?
Broda it is Just an ideal and my view of explaining an Hygroscopic compound! Related to the word DILLUTED.
That is why am just laffing all those guyz cos they think I don't Understand that! I just need their view on that! And not their Ignorance words.
It is neva written that water is hygroscopic,all I need is a critique view! But they tend to prolong the mater which is not worth it. Smh
Kudos to those approach this with seniority tag:-Mr Francis,JR,Increadable..
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
mathefaro: Young man, why don't you just calm down and learn instead of being a nuisance? We all learn everyday of our lives and it isn't mandatory for you to make comments.
Did I told you I don't understand that?? Propably NO sire. Funny dudes.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
Am even Sure some have even gain A lot during the period of argument! Some have even Scanned their text wella.Lol smh.
All what you guyz are insinuating is still thesame for an Hygroscopic Compound.
Good Day!
Did that stop the reason of this room Propably not,so let the rhyme continue!
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
Halpher:
Broda it is Just an ideal and my view of explaining an Hygroscopic compound! Related to the word DILLUTED.
That is why am just laffing all those guyz cos they think I don't Understand that! I just need their view on that! And not their Ignorance words.
It is neva written that water is hygroscopic,all I need is a critique view! But they tend to prolong the mater which is not worth it. Smh
Kudos to those approach this with seniority tag:-Mr Francis,JR,Increadable..

You should have given a broad hint before it came this far..You con lemme dey waste my energy they try convince you. Diaris god oo.

Anyway I won't waste my energy for nothing so I'll post what I've already typed down. Enjoy wink
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
I jst came back from work. If u want to learn u must act as if u dont no anytin there are two tins in life some believe but some doesnt believe. So guys everybody need to be humble stay calm and learn. Cus i notice dat some people use harsh word when dey dont have dier way pls guys lets act mature pls
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahmadjr:

You should have given a broad hint before it came this far..You con lemme dey waste my energy they try convince you. Diaris god oo.

Anyway I won't waste my energy for nothing so I'll post what I've already typed down. Enjoy wink

Now for the sake of @Halpher m gonna make this as basic as possible, here goes:

Hygroscopic substance absorb moisture on exposure to the atmosphere. If solid, it only becomes sticky or moist. However water is liquid, so I'm gonna use a liquid as an illustration.

Sulphuric acid will absorb water from the air, diluting itself to about 3 times it's original vol...now take a glass of water and leave it undisturbed for like an hour or so marking the original level of the water. Does it's volume increases or decreases?

If that is too complex for you, how about this?
Hygroscopic substances are mostly employed as drying agents... So Oh wise one, have you ever seen water been used as a drying agent? why not? ain't it cheaper and universal?

That's cuz water ain't hygroscopic, so please next time think really well before you post nonsense on here. I for one don't care if u think water is hygrowhatever I just don't want you misleading anyone viewing this thread Capiche?

PS: The issue has already been resolved, this is just so my energy wasn't wasted on a wolf's cry
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahmadjr:

Loooooolzzz! Broda you get mouth jhawey,dem dey think say dem use thr sef get Star. Just Laughing
Kuddos to you and other senior guyz with a senior approach.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahmadjr:

Now for the sake of @Halpher m gonna make this as basic as possible, here goes:

Hygroscopic substance absorb moisture on exposure to the atmosphere. If solid, it only becomes sticky or moist. However water is liquid, so I'm gonna use a liquid as an illustration.

Sulphuric acid will absorb water from the air, diluting itself to about 3 times it's original vol...now take a glass of water and leave it undisturbed for like an hour or so marking the original level of the water. Does it's volume increases or decreases?

If that is too complex for you, how about this?
Hygroscopic substances are mostly employed as drying agents... So Oh wise one, have you ever seen water been used as a drying agent? why not? ain't it cheaper and universal?

That's cuz water ain't hygroscopic, so please next time think really well before you post nonsense on here. I for one don't care if u think water is hygrowhatever I just don't want you misleading anyone viewing this thread Capiche?

PS: The issue has already been resolved, this is just so my energy wasn't wasted on a wolf's cry
Lolzz soRry Bro! But Note:-you are Senior!.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
Halpher:
Loooooolzzz! Broda you get mouth jhawey,dem dey think say dem use thr sef get Star. Just Laughing
Kuddos to you and other senior guyz with a senior approach.

Buh na wa for you oo. You just make tempers dey flare for one thread.. me maa being don vex die.

I guess that's just luv for chemistry
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
When Eruditing I sedomly pick a certain word and I tried to find a critique about it weather it is Possible or Impossible.
U would propably agreed with me with that being Cogent!
Sorry for the foolhardy guyz! Mr Benjaminbest Let continue our Learning Sire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence' / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics / Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.