Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students (60074 Views)

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / Polytechnics Barred From Admitting Business, Art Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
The Calometry Law state that?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
Halpher: The Blind....our help
A)needs
B)need
C)require
D)none

B

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Ahmadjr(m): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Halpher: A number of students.......missed the opportunity
A)has
B)have
C)had
D)None
B

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahmadjr:

B
Yes Correct! Categorization Concord
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahmadjr:

B
Yes Correct! Categorization Concord Drag a P.V
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahmadjr:
B
Yea Correct the A being an indefinite article is followed with a P.V
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by agafiya: 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
Benjaminbest: Teaching will commence on october for now i will drop sometin to kip u guys busy, sometin dat will make u guys to tink hard

CHEMISTRY
WHAT VOLUME OF O.4MOLE SODIUM CHLORIDE WILL CONTAIN O.585g OF NaCL? Solve and tell me d answer

calculate d oxidation number of nitrogen in NO3-

physics
what is d unit for luminions intensity called?
CHEMISTRY
1) 1MOLE of NACL gives 58.5g of NaCl, therefore, 0.4MOLE of NaCl will give: 0.4 × 58.5 = 23.4g.
58.5g of NaCl is equal to 22.4dm3, therefore, 23.4g of NaCl will give: 23.4 × 22.4 ÷ 58.5 = 8.96dm3. Since 58.5 ÷ 100 = 0.585, therefore 8.96 ÷ 100 = 0.0896dm3 or 89.6cm3.

2) N + (-2 × 3) = -1
N + (-6) = -1
N - 6 = -1
N = -1 + 6
N = +5.
Note: N stands for nitrogen.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Holuwafunminiyi: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hydroscopic means ability to attract and hold water from the environment
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by fasodecapo(m): 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
agafiya:
CHEMISTRY
1) 1MOLE of NACL gives 58.5g of NaCl, therefore, 0.4MOLE of NaCl will give: 0.4 × 58.5 = 23.4g.
58.5g of NaCl is equal to 22.4dm3, therefore, 23.4g of NaCl will give: 23.4 × 22.4 ÷ 58.5 = 8.96dm3. Since 58.5 ÷ 100 = 0.585, therefore 8.96 ÷ 100 = 0.0896dm3 or 89.6cm3.

How come? @the bolded. NaCl is not a gas na. The molar volume off every gas is 22.4dm3 but not NaCl. I stand to be corrected though
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by tuwayz(m): 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
Thank you all for doing a wonderful job here God bless you
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Carbon(iv)oxide has how many lone and unpair electron?
With a net dipole of?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:15am On Sep 24, 2014
Which of the followung compound is not volatile?
A)4p-1.8gcm3
b)sio2
c)p2O3
d)pcl3
e)none
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:19am On Sep 24, 2014
Ideal gas is never a real gas because?
A)it is a derive gas
b)it obeys charlse' and boyles' law
c)it does not obey the gas laws
d)none
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:23am On Sep 24, 2014
The polymorph Of silica exst in.......
A)2
b)3
c)1
and it physically grouped under two physical properties in respect to their shapes.....
Name the two form.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:25am On Sep 24, 2014
What element or compound gives a Hissing sound Pratically?
A)pbO2
b)p2O5
c)pcl5
d)p2O3
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:27am On Sep 24, 2014
The calcium trioxocarbonate(iv) has how many lone and unpair electron?
And this property accounts for it....?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 3:29am On Sep 24, 2014
F=kqq/R (square)
which law support the above formula?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 4:04am On Sep 24, 2014
The intramolecular force responsible for the solidification and liquifaction of non-polar compound is ?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 4:06am On Sep 24, 2014
The volatile and none volatile produce of destructive distillation of coal are what and what respectively?
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by agafiya: 4:45am On Sep 24, 2014
fasodecapo: How come? @the bolded. NaCl is not a gas na. The molar volume off every gas is 22.4dm3 but not NaCl. I stand to be corrected though
The question itself says how many volume of 0.4mole of NaCl can be found in 0.585g of NaCl. Does the question also treat it as gas?
Back to my own analysis; 1mole = 58.5g = 22.4dm3 of NaCl.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by agafiya: 4:54am On Sep 24, 2014
Halpher: Carbon(iv)oxide has how many lone and unpair electron?
Lone pair is the same as unpaired electron in a chemical bond.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by fasodecapo(m): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2014
agafiya:
The question itself says how many volume of 0.4mole of NaCl can be found in 0.585g of NaCl. Does the question also treat it as gas?
Back to my own analysis; 1mole = 58.5g = 22.4dm3 of NaCl.
You know I could as well say that 1mol = 58.5g= 27cm3 and I would also be correct? Since NaCl is not a gas, we can't assume that it's molar volume is 22.4dm3 The question itself is illogical to some extent I think.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2014
Halpher:
Did I told you I don't understand that?? Propably NO sire. Funny dudes.
Should be "Did I tell you" instead of "Did I told you"

It wouldn't be fair if I continued to overlook this error, although it may seem that I'm overreacting, but like I said earlier in this thread, we learn everyday and no-one is perfect. I only hope you don't take it offensively
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Benjaminbest(m): 9:09am On Sep 24, 2014
morning everybody how are u all
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2014
Halpher: F=kqq/R (square)
which law support the above formula?
Coulombs Law.StateS that D Force.F acting on body of charges q and Q is Directly proportional 2 d product of Their charges nd inversely proportional 2 d square f THeir Distance R apart
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 9:29am On Sep 24, 2014
STATE BERNOLLIUS PRINCIPLE
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by agafiya: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2014
fasodecapo: You know I could as well say that 1mol = 58.5g= 27cm3 and I would also be correct? Since NaCl is not a gas, we can't assume that it's molar volume is 22.4dm3 The question itself is illogical to some extent I think.
Am happy you understood the approach I used to answer the question. I also thought about it that NaCl isn't a gas how come should will be asked to calculate it's volume even when it's density is not given, we are given only mole which implies that we have to make connection with Molar Volume which work with gases. But I felt my knowledge may be limited about the gaseous state of NaCl (which I have not come across) so I decided to apply my knowledge in solving problems like that to it.
If our assumption about the state of NaCl can't be treated as a gas is correct, then I totally agree with you that the question is illogical, and am the one who had make a mistake for attempting such an illogical question.
I appreciate your good work Mr Benjamin, but you need to come and clarify yourself of this question you posted.
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by mathefaro(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2014
chimhigher: STATE BERNOLLIUS PRINCIPLE
Are you sure this thread is for UTME candidates? Most of the questions you guys are posting are beyond the scope of UTME and I don't think that will help the prospective candidates. I'll suggest/advice that questions should be based only on syllabus.#mythoughts
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2014
mathefaro: Should be "Did I tell you" instead of "Did I told you"

It wouldn't be fair if I continued to overlook this error, although it may seem that I'm overreacting, but like I said earlier in this thread, we learn everyday and no-one is perfect. I only hope you don't take it offensively
Hmmm..
Not at all Sire

1 Like

Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2014
chimhigher: Coulombs Law.StateS that D Force.F acting on body of charges q and Q is Directly proportional 2 d product of Their charges nd inversely proportional 2 d square f THeir Distance R apart
Yea correct
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by Halpher(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2014
agafiya:
Lone pair is the same as unpaired electron in a chemical bond.
undecided
Re: Jamb Lecture/past Questions For Science/art Students by chimhigher(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2014
mathefaro: Are you sure this thread is for UTME candidates? Most of the questions you guys are posting are beyond the scope of UTME and I don't think that will help the prospective candidates. I'll suggest/advice that questions should be based only on syllabus.#mythoughts
Yah U Ryt...Buh Dz came out n mA Physics jamb Dz Year...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence' / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics / Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.