Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,715 members, 7,955,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage (33233 Views)

Angry Students Burnt Down A Bus Belong To Akwa-ibom State Transport Service / Fee Hike: Unad Students Stone Oni / Fee Hike: Unad Students Stone Oni ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Zammydagreat(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
gbaskiboy: space booker na wa for una
lol yes o
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Youngzedd(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
Yomieluv: Nawa oo. When did Afe babalola become PHCN,or incharge of electricity.

Most students are just in school for certificate sake,no iota of wisdom in their brains.

They are so dumb,that they can't channel their grievance to the right people. In summary,they are intelligence deficient.

Long Hissssss.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by damosky12(m): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
Yomieluv: Nawa oo. When did Afe babalola become PHCN,or incharge of electricity.

Most students are just in school for certificate sake,no iota of wisdom in their brains.

They are so dumb,that they can't channel their grievance to the right people. In summary,they are intelligence deficient.

Long Hissssss.
You just stated the primary reason for the high rate of unemployment in the country. Lack Of Intelligence! Later, they graduate and start blaming the govt.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Tolexander: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
yomi007k:
If dem spoil PHCN office, do u think dey will have electricity? Na wa oo
who is in charge of their electricity?
Is that why they have to attack the innocent man?

Who am i to fight if my father is not giving me my feeding allowance? My neighbour, whose father gives a regular feeding allowance or my father?

It's so obvious the students wanna protest and vandalise. I think they should take the fight to where the onus of power distribution lies.

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
[size=18pt]SUNDAY PUNCHgathered that the students were angry that while they had been without electricity for over a month, a hostel for the junior staff of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, in the same area enjoyed power supply.[/size]

For those of you who commented before reading the article.

Good! I fully support them. Nigeria can turn a sworn pacifist into a bloodthirsty revolutionary. Let the pigs begin to fear the people.

3 Likes

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by netotse(m): 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

[size=18pt]SUNDAY PUNCHgathered that the students were angry that while they had been without electricity for over a month, a hostel for the junior staff of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, in the same area enjoyed power supply.[/size]

Good! I fully support them. Nigeria can turn a sworn pacifist into a bloodthirsty revolutionary. Let the pigs begin to fear the people.

did you read the part where the school said the hostel was being run by generator?
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by kabba7(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
MissMeiya:

Good! I fully support them. Nigeria can turn a sworn pacifist into a bloodthirsty rievolutionary. Let the pigs begin to fear the people.

THE EARLIER NIGERISNS WAKE UP TO REALITY THE BETTER FOR THEM .
RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT ALL YOU HAVE IS A GANG OF LOOTERS HEADED BY A DRUNK NAMED GOOFLUCK EBOLA Jonathan
so the students can as well go to hell no light for till 2017 @ the earliest . silly boys i trust the gals go don go town for runs armed with two packs of condom each ..

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Habeyy(m): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
adeoladrg: These ones are protesting because of power failure and it's fine. OOU students are protesting tuition fees hike and they're crying politics. Violent protests have always been the benchmark of students agitation, just put yourself in the student's shoes before you spew trash!

Stupid eediots! cool
kudos to u bro some of them don't know what it feels to be an undergraduate ....don't blame them some will never even small admission
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
Moblord: Being a leader is not easy, no matter what u do, they'll hate you. Anyawaizz First to comment....
is dis shit u wrote a comment?from ftc u said prove you a big fool

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by kullozone(m): 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
234GT: Daft students!

When did it become a crime to provide electricity for yourself and your lecturers because the government failed to provide same?

MY GOD!!

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Moblord(m): 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
Adikam: is dis shit u wrote a comment?from ftc u said prove you a big fool
a hungry man is an angry man. Are u hungry?
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by seydam21(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
so flabbergasted! Hahah wonder shall never end....d smelling of prison LoLz!
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Swizdoe(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
adeoladrg: These ones are protesting because of power failure and it's fine. OOU students are protesting tuition fees hike and they're crying politics. Violent protests have always been the benchmark of students agitation, just put yourself in the student's shoes before you spew trash!

Stupid eediots! cool
APC's Hobby is media propaganda....... When Fashola bullied lasu students, they said the samething. Now its SIA's turn, they are still towing the same path.... Its very obvious that Sia will be worse than Fashola during his second term. Let the apc clowns continue spread false news about the students fighting for a just cause. Let's wait and see if propaganda will return irokunle amosun back into office in 2015
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
Let me tell these students why they do not have power....

When many of these students were growing up,most of their parents did not pay NEPA bills. Most of their parents voted for leaders who ,or actively participated in the looting of this country....and who did noting while NEPA went to the dogs. Most of these students refused to organise protests to Abuja or even block the Kaduna-Lokoja road to drive home their demands that Power has to be improved.

But the worst part is that many of these students will graduate from university....and then refuse to use their degree to solve problems.Oh no. They....and most especially the engineers ....will port to banks,offices and oil company....where they will struggle to share money....so that they can pose in their generator powered house.

The problem with Nigerian students is that they are not ready to suffer. They want to enjoy oil money. They do not care that the oil money is enough. They just want enjoyment now. And when they have problems...they blame the wrong people....

Nigerian students....develop solutions. Protest at the right doors. Don't disturb people who are actually doing something about Nigeria's problems.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
netotse:

did you read the part where the school said the hostel was being run by generator?

Because no one ever lies in Nigeria, right?
I doubt very much the school would admit to corruption.

If this generator was running, don't you think the students would have heard it?

2 Likes

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
Viva la revolution. Make those fat old fools feel fear.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by thandii1: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

You support the stoning of innocent man (in this case) because of lack of electricity in the area? Are you kidding me? What if they had killed him? Since when did afe babalola start distributing electricity? Who are the pigs here? You do realise a number of people could have been injured due to their misplaced violence? Those students are very dumbb and I am ashamed of them. They should be tried in the court of law. Such lawlessness!
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
thandii1:

You support the stoning of innocent man (in this case) because of lack of electricity in the area? Are you kidding me? What if they had killed him? Since when did afe babalola start distributing electricity? Who are the pigs here? Do You realise a number of people that could have been injured due to their misplaced violence? Those students are very dumbb and I am ashamed of them. They should be tried in the court of law. Such lawlessness!

Which court of law? Thieves have no fear. Let the people give them some.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by thandii1: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Anikulhapo: Students of Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, on Saturday attacked the founder of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Afe Babalola, as they protested over power outage in Erinfun community.

He said, “They complained that the Erinfun community had not been having power supply for over a month and Chief Afe Babalola, as an elder statesman and one of those who facilitated the siting of the polythenic to the state, decided to intervene.”

“He called the rector of the polytechnic, and asked the students to send three of their representatives to meet with the unit head of the PHCN. They agreed but later said they were not going to meet with the PHCN and started the riot.

“They stoned Chief vehicle and attacked part of the hostel in the community. We had no option but to alert the police, who came to restore normalcy

“The students and some residents in the area asked why Chief Afe Babalola’s hostel had electricity when the community didn’t have for over a month and we explained to them that the hostel was running on a generator and that it was the PHCN that was responsible for power supply and not Chief Afe Babalola,” Olofintila added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/rioting-ekiti-students-attack-afe-babalola/

They could not fight their school authorities, they refused to meet with PHCN but decided to stone afe babalola and disrupt the activities of other people for the day
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Jayne2014(f): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
redcliff:

Yes.. your accessories are serious o_o.
blushing...
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by san316(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
They want us the youth to go blind reading with candle and lamp so that we won't be able to see them while they steal our money. Evil people breeding evil generations since 1960.

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Ephramed(m): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Zammydagreat: .

must you always book space
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by MrDoGood(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
frrank:

You're being watched shocked

Modified: ayusco85, you won't be that lucky next time.

eyes on u
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Zammydagreat(m): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ephramed:

must you always book space
lol
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by mstik(f): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
lmao
true that

Long Hissssss.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Bigsteveg(m): 4:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
coded80: Power of money.afe babalola used is money and influence to buy d power meant for the student and transfer it to his worker,they could have gone to stone the phcn manager in that Area,afterall afe babalola payed him/her a series of bribe b4 he/her agreed.
Nonsense talk, stupid reasoning.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by kuss: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
there has not been power failure in covenant university since inception not even for one day
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by bonetalk(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Most of u dont know what really happened,, it's my street
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by netotse(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

Because no one ever lies in Nigeria, right?
I doubt very much the school would admit to corruption.

If this generator was running, don't you think the students would have heard it?
if you have a single gen powering a small estate is it everywhere on the estate you would hear the gen?
the article says it's a staff quarters, you would get a 500KVA generator and switch it on from 6pm to 6am everyday,
I know it's possible because we've done it before where I work. You want to make your staff as comfy as possible.

BTW, I'm not saying it's not possible for them to be bribing TCN. My point is, your conclusion was hasty.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by bonetalk(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
netotse:

that's a big lie, both the community and the Afe building uses thesame transformer but there is a manipulation that was done on the transformer, that makes afe building and a block industry belonging to ex-director(Engineer Olateju) of works and maintenance dept of abuad(belonging to afe babalola) to be enjoying the power supply at the expense of the host community , my house is just few metres to the afe building,

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by olarkaycee(m): 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
Too bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out My Graduation Pictures After Five Years (photos) / AAU Lecturer Flogs Students For Coming Late For An Exam(Photos) / Top Ten Oldest Universities In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.