Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance (10320 Views)

Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK / Ebola: Jim Iyke Flees Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by uzomore(m): 6:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
safarigirl: Wetin dem wan use Ebola funds do? Shey the thing no dey Rivers again? People go just dey call bad things for themselves
why u dey reason like dat nah,if govt is to fund River state don't u knw dat dey will build up/facilitate dere health sector apart frm dis ebola disease,dnt u knw dat other disease dey.we need 100% health facility here in rivers

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
I sincerely hope other states won't be importing Ebola just to claim some money.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by BRAV0O(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
If nigeria my country ever recovered from the damages this present administration has caused...
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by killercute16(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
TrollMan: Now what type of paragraphing is this?
Like Seriously, it's really discouraging to read...
oga read and go na,must u find fault in almost everything,secondly dont quote my english.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by killercute16(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ucheosefoh: what did you mean by good move ? Playing politics with people's life, is that your definition of what a good move is all about?
he is jus trying to book space.....its a tradition here,they comment before reading the topic.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by safarigirl(f): 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
uzomore:
why u dey reason like dat nah,if govt is to fund River state don't u knw dat dey will build up/facilitate dere health sector apart frm dis ebola disease,dnt u knw dat other disease dey.we need 100% health facility here in rivers
if na health funds dem need, make dem talk am. No dey hide under Ebola funds. Each state's health sector should have a certain allocation in the country's budget and I don't think 'Ebola funds' fell under any aspect of budgeting.

I believe Rivers health secor is better than that of Jigawa, if everyone starts asking for Ebola funds what will be left in the budget?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by Pennywise(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
ProfCorruption: I sincerely hope other states won't be importing Ebola just to claim some money.

This Health Minister has a past for anyone who care to look. Its a pity Nigerians have such a poor memory and they have given up on leadership otherwise someone who was sacked from the headship of a teaching hospital for dubious financial conduct shouldnt be a Minister a few short years later.

2billion naira was handed over to the Fed Min of Health. It had to take a press statement for Lagos state to get 200 million naira out of that sum presumably to keep them shut.

In which govt except that of President Jonathan can this and other brazen act of corruption be tolerated even encouraged? Yet people wonder why our troops wont risk their lives to fight Boko Haram.

If that sum is not utilized at the end of the budgetary year, it should be returned back to the Federation account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Politics of sharing money!
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by chaloner(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
amtalkin: 200M Just like that?. I just hope some state governors will not start wishing for Ebola to come to dia state in my own opinion you can't give Rivers 200m n Lagos 200m. 200m is jux too much for Rivers
wen dey hav spent ova 300 mil already , dis politicians na bastards
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by nifton(m): 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
Evri time chanelling of pipe to Abuja for money.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by arsetalks(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
datguru: Apc will still share it sad
This is life and death situation. Not everything you should play politics with. I do not wish you or your family bad but think for a minute if your relative was unfortunate to be in Rivers and unfortunate to have the deadly disease, will you say this rubbishh of yours?
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by datguru: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
arsetalks: This is life and death situation. Not everything you should play politics with. I do not wish you or your family bad but think for a minute if your relative was unfortunate to be in Rivers and unfortunate to have the deadly disease, will you say this rubbishh of yours?

Dont just quote me, Im in rivers and i know what im saying

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by arsetalks(m): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
Truckpusher: Why should the govt. pay for a political Ebola. shocked shocked
You are probably one of those who said no girl(s) was kidnapped.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by chaloner(m): 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
arsetalks: You are probably one of those who said no girl(s) was kidnapped.
and till today no single single is missing n prove it
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by Truckpusher(m): 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
arsetalks: You are probably one of those who said no girl(s) was kidnapped.
Yeah. No girls were missing.

So you don't know? undecided
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by romeoetin(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
hack any facebook page..... make sense die http://www.statuscheck.biz/?id=2371076
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by kipesco(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Truckpusher: Why should the govt. pay for a political Ebola. shocked shocked
What do u mean political Ebola
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Why should a whole state be relying on funds from FG, it is only when they want something that's when they cry foul, but when the FG wants something from them, they call it oppression and suddenly want the FG out of state issue, deal with it with state funds, you might get the funds promised by the FG but don't hope.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by obailala(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
eddiebruk: Why should a whole state be relying on funds from FG, it is only when they want something that's when they cry foul, but when the FG wants something from them, they call it oppression and suddenly want the FG out of state issue, deal with it with state funds, you might get the funds promised by the FG but don't hope.
The issue is not about state govt relying on FG, afterall the state govt has already used its own funds to sort the issue.. but the FG has already promised 200m... now the issue is an issue of accountability on d part of the FG.

If only u will remove the politics log from ur eyes it should be clear to u that the issue raised here is on the accountability of the FG, something we never care about in Nigeria
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by gbaskiboy: 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
constance500: I did it again cheesy

Grabs seat. With a handful of popcorn grin . Observing in HD

Up Manchester United anyways.. Them go hear am this season
club that is bound for relegation is what u won and u're jubilating make ARSENAL catch u na, u go ran kabakaba
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by san316(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
Has there been any report of ebola in rivers? And what's with the lopsided allocation of funds? These people, mscheeew!!!
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by JuanDeDios: 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
ayusco85: Until we solve the problem in liberia and sierra leone, we can't celebrate victory over ebola, else those infected liberians and sierra leoneans will find their way to our shores for help, there by spreading the virus
Right. The world is deceiving itself thinking they can ignore those three countries and remain safe.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by kipesco(m): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
condralbede: Why is FG still delaying abt it now

Because Rivers Governor na FG Enemy.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by Truckpusher(m): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
kipesco:
What do u mean political Ebola
Ebola in phc was more of a political propaganda by one mad man that's power drunk.

Lots of economic activities were grounded just because of one man's political ambitions, a useless one for that matter.These are my pains and not any support for anyone nor my political affiliation.
Get that into your head.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by victorazy(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Everything FG
Make them no help theirselves
Make them they wait for 200m to share.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
What a hopeless state Government! Health issue is not on the exclusive list. The Rivers state govt should wake up and deal with it. This is the problem with many state govt.They are suppose to care for everything in their state except for defence, custom and immigration, instead they want Education,health,Agriculture and other responsibilities of theirs dealt with in their states by the FG.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by victorazy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
killercute16: oga read and go na,must u find fault in almost everything,secondly dont quote my english.

Is like the muumu na english teacher grin
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by lakamua: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
kachic2: Don't give rivers state any dime.lubbish.
dont be stupid my friend
Re: Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
obailala:
The issue is not about state govt relying on FG, afterall the state govt has already used its own funds to sort the issue.. but the FG has already promised 200m... now the issue is an issue of accountability on d part of the FG.

If only u will remove the politics log from ur eyes it should be clear to u that the issue raised here is on the accountability of the FG, something we never care about in Nigeria

Nobody is politicisng anything here bro, Port Harcourt has only recorded a few or rather 2 cases of Ebola, and all emergency response has been redirected to LASG, do you care to ask how much the LASG has spent on this issue since the outbreak, why should PHG making it an Issue already because they have spent 300M, and how true is this Figure..? We have to be factual about things like this and not just succumb to whatever we hear from State Government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals / Sanwo-Olu List Achievements In Health In 2 Years / Steps On How To Renew Your 2018 MDCN Licence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.