Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,614 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) (6113 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood's Best On-screen Couples / The 10 Nollywood Actresses That Are Strongly Allergic To Poor Men ( Photos ) / Top 14 Nollywood Stars Whose Death Shook The Nigerian Entertainment Industry (2) (3) (4)

Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
Few years ago, it was as if there was a competition among Nollywood stars to go into the Nigerian music industry. Many of them released singles while few released full albums with some going to the extent of releasing music videos.

But that era seem to have passed maybe due to the fact that none of them was able to make it big in the music industry where there is stiff competition.

1 OMOTOLA

In 2010, Omotola had a two day album launch. Her first day launch which was held at the Eko Hotels and Suites on 24th September, 2010, had the best of society in attendance with eminent Nigerians like Aremo and Yeye Olusegun Osoba, Senator Ita-Giwa, Abba Folawuyo, Eyimofe and Dorothy Atake, Erelu Dosunmu, Grace Egbagbe, Dr soleye, Stella Damasus, Chidi Mokeme , Guy and Loraine Murray-Bruce, Zizi cardow, Dele Momodu, Prof Pat Utomi, Freeze, Alli Baba and wife, Zik Zulu Okafor, Mr. Wanle Akinboboye, Sasha, Taofik Okoya, Munachi Abii, DJ Jimmy Jatt and other prominent personalities gracing the event.
Omotola’s two day album launch event made people think that that the award-winning actress has finally been accepted into the music world as great music stars like Tuface, Omawunmi, Kefee, Yemi sax,Jimmy Jatt, Sasha, Sound Sultan, Mike Aremu stormed this event as Omotola debut with her Band.
But that assumption seems to be a hoax as she hasn't really made any of impact in the Nigerian Music industry. She released GBA in 2005.

2 GENEVIEVE NNAJI

At the peak of her career as the most sought after Actress in 2004, Genevieve deemed it wise to diversify into music so as to conquer the music industry the way she had conquered Nollywood.

In 2004 she signed a recording contract with EKB Records, a Ghanaian record label, and released her debut album One Logologo Line, a mix of R&B, hip hop and urban music.
Genevieve's attempt to hit it big in music was a total flop. Her impact wasn't felt at all. Her colleague, Omotola even made little impact more than her with "Gba". When Ms Nnaji discovered that music wasn't for her, she had to quit. But her colleague Omotola continued with her 'I must sing by fire by force' spirit.

3 SHAN GEORGE

The actress released her album on Saturday November 13, 2010 in Abuja. But the album didn't make it as she expected because it really flopped.

4 STELLA DAMASUS

The star actress had been into music long before the 'I can singer fever' caught her colleagues. Stella used to sing with her late hubby, Jaye Aboderin. They had a band. Stella has a very nice voice. In 2012, Stella released a new single titled “Love Me Quick”. The track is best described as ‘Afro-soul’ and is her second release recording following the ‘Get Up’ song with Lamboginny.
No doubt Stella is quite better than her other colleagues that attempted singing, but she's yet to make it big.

5 MAMA G

Patience Ozokwor made a foray into the Nigerian music industry. She released lots of videos for her songs including Ihe Neme N’uwa, Iyo Ngwo Ngwo, Adaeze, Make We Jolly and National Moi Moi, where Nollywood actors,Tonto Dikeh and Charles Awurum made cameo appearances.
Though her National Moi-moi video made waves and sold, she couldn't sustain the tempo as people assumed that the songs were written and produced by another person who merely paid her to mime the songs.

6 MR IBU-

Same thing with Patience Ozokwor was also applicable to him as he released a music video few years ago widely believed to have composed and produced by another for him.

7 JIM IYKE

Jim made a foray into the Nigerian music industry by releasing the video of his first song, "Who am I” featuring one of Africa’s most undisputed entertainers, 2face Idibia. He later followed-up with another video for his other song“Born To Do This”featuring Puffy T.
Jim understood that he failed woefully in music; his featuring tuface in one of his songs didn't even help salvage the situation. Jim publicly announced on stage while hosting the 2011 Africa Movie Academy Awards with actress, Nse Ikpe-Etim,that
“Actors should stick to what they do, including me”, after Nse teased him about his song “Who am II”.

8 TONTO DIKE- POKOLEE

The very controversial actress decided to go into music and released her singles. The first track titled “Itz Ova”, is a break up song produced by Teso Music and features upcoming act, SNYPA while her second single, “Hi” is a funky, upbeat and techno pop song.
She performed at Iyanya's Kukere concert in London where she reportedly fell face down in 2013.
Many criticised Tonto's music and assumed that she's a failure in music.
However, she made headlines when she got signed by Dbanj with her stage name, Pokolee. Hopefully she may be the first Nollywood star to really make it big in the Nigerian music industry.

9 NKEM OOWOH

the comic star actor delved into music too. He has released not less than 5 videos to promote his music career including songs like I Go Chop Your Dollar, Olamma, Akalaka, Marry Me and School Na Good Thing.

10 DESMOND ELLIOT

The star actor went into music but flopped big time. He couldn’t get the groove on singing secular songs, so he went for some songs only the adult church would sing.

Others that also went into music but flopped include: Chioma Akopa, Chiege Alisigwe, Nkiru Sylvanus, Anita Joseph-NitaJ, Cossy orjiakor & Jenifer Eliogu released did Ifunanya.

By : lalasticlala

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
Omotola

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
Genevieve

Jenifer eliogu

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mama G

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
Stella singing with late hubby

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
Pokolee on stage

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
Shan George digging it out

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by hannesy(f): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
*shouting on top of her voice* lalaalallalasticcaalll pls do justice to dat desmond pix abeg. Nd y poko poko pix cme much na
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
shots from Cossy's Music video

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by hannesy(f): 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

wetin do Desmond pic?
scary
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Nkem Owoh's song "I go chop your dollar" was da bomb. The music reigned for a long time before it faded away. At least his album was the most popular among the others.

@Lala,well done! cool

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
berem: Nkem Owoh's song "I go chop your dollar" was da bomb. The music reigned for a long time before it faded away. At least his album was the most popular among the others.

@Lala,well done! cool

yea.
his song & that of Mama G were d most popular among all of them

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by Uniquexty(f): 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
Just incase
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by bustyhelen(f): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
na by force to sing?

d competition in Nollywood and follow follow is much there joor.

season of born again & pastoring/evangelist - everybody turned pastor & became evangelist

season of music- most of them started doing it and failed woefully

now season of politics- many are now jostling for it. I wish them well in politics sha make them no fail again as they failed in music.

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by chimerase2: 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mama G and nkem owoh didn't flop at all
I was so in luv with mama G song so tey I nearly sang it in de church wen iyawo pastor called me out to lead in prayer and worship grin

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by hugelyendowed: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
Very soon Pokolee is gona blow.

with Dbanj by her side, she's gonna b d Rihanna of Africa.

#team$pokolee$team$tontolee#

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by hugelyendowed: 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
chimerase2: Mama G and nkem owoh didn't flop at all
I was so in luv with mama G song so tey I nearly sang it in de church wen iyawo pastor called me out to lead in prayer and worship grin

d greatest flop of all time include:

Desmond & Jim IYKE

Genevieve

and then the rest except d 2 u mentioned.
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
Must they even sing? Can't they just focus on one thing? Jack of all trades.......
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by chimerase2: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
hugelyendowed:

d greatest flop of all time include:

Desmond & Jim IYKE

Genevieve

and then the rest except d 2 u mentioned.
u didn't mention tontos own cheesy
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by CoolKizzy(m): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
mama G's album wasn't a flop, It sold very well and was well accepted east of Nigeria, Nkem Owo's Chop your dollar was a mega hit that brought him bad name at the international scene.

poko Lee
Desmond
Genevieve, well these are full flagged flops grin

In mama G's voice; I love you like police love 20 naira, I love you like NEPA love to take light.

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by daveP(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hmm. Jim Iyke was using his 'ama nikur' swags then to think he'l blow. He got humbled and ran back to his romantic-roles. Hmmm!

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by sisiafrika(f): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
chimerase2: Mama G and nkem owoh didn't flop at all
lmaooooooooooooooooooo. Ur wicked, I just fell into a ditch.
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by sisiafrika(f): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
Stella Damasus has a very fine voice. I remember this 'Aye le' medley by produced by OJB in 2006.

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by joelenesleek(f): 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
lalasticlala:

yea.
his song & that of Mama G were d most popular among all of them
how can you even forget fine boy RAMSEY NOAH jnr, gosh I was embarrassed.
This your food the taste na fire, na Wetin u dey use wey dey make people halla 2ce. Na Wetin you dey use dey walai talai, na Wetin you dey use the chineke #my face on my palms # shocked

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lyricalpontiff(m): 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Nkem owoh didn't flop...he is the best so far.

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by Samelle(f): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
What about Ramsey's Curry song?
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by chymystique(f): 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Shan George's 3rd and 4th pix looks like she dey dance for beer parlour cheesy cheesy ........
Am so loving poko's dresses kiss
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
Samelle: What about Ramsey's Curry song?

serious?

haven't seen it oooo.

though I heard he sang a couple of songs abii he was featured.
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
sisiafrika: Stella Damasus has a very fine voice. I remember this 'Aye le' medley by produced by OJB in 2006.
yeah she does have a lovely voice. The song titled "Aro" she sang with Blaccky still comes to mind.

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
mtcheeeeeewwww

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by EldaTimba(m): 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
"Thou shall not live nollywood for music industry"
-Elda Timba
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Stars Whose Music Flopped ( Photos ) by Lordlexyy: 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
It was a quest for more fame since musicians like Idibia, D banj and the likes were becoming full time house names. For Omotolo and Toto, i have never seen celebrities that will do just about anything to remain at the lime light. The mark of desperation was evident in their album release. Nkem and mama G, though appealed to their fans owing to their popularity, but were grossly talentless. At the end, is a do or die competition to out do themselves. The price of celebrity is not a walk in the park.

Man Who Had Sex With 6000 Women Dies When Doing This (photos) / PHOTO: Olamide Baddo Steps Out With Kaffy's Son / Wizkid’s Son, Bolu All Swagged Up In New Photos