Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong (3017 Views)

Need Your Help! Thanks In Advanced! / Advanced Driving Techniques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by nurey(m): 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
So today, entering the nissan primera 2003-2008 model year was a problem as the battery to the transponder was weak but alas it unlocked and it was driven. So the battery was changed and the transponder locked the car but to now unlock the car was a problem and there was no key hole to insert key for manual opening.

I was just wondering why will a manufacturer make a car that can only be locked and unlocked with the transponder keyless entry. But after much research online, I noticed there is actually a keyhole on the passenger side safely hidden under the handle design. The problem now is once you lock the car with the remote and unlock it with key it starts making noise until you start the car.

Now this technology is a good feature, will deter thiefs from tampering with your ket hole but the doisadvantage is once your remote has a problem you find it difficult to ebter the car.

Will you vote for
1. total keyless entry and button to start against the
2. manual key to unlock and start
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by ITbomb(m): 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
Manual anytime for me
Manual lock, manual gear, even manual winder

3 Likes

Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by nurey(m): 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
ITbomb: Manual anytime for me
You forgot to add manual push to start grin

3 Likes

Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by oluwaseunla(m): 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Personally, I prefer keyless, because of the security. What I just ensure is that there is a working spare at all times.
About the issue with your car, have you checked the NPOC website, I think there is a DIY there somewhere on how to reprogram a blank for your car.
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by TheGrandMaster: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
nurey: So today, entering the nissan primera 2003-2008 model year was a problem as the battery to the transponder was weak but alas it unlocked and it was driven. So the battery was changed and the transponder locked the car but to now unlock the car was a problem and there was no key hole to insert key for manual opening.

I was just wondering why will a manufacturer make a car that can only be locked and unlocked with the transponder keyless entry. But after much research online, I noticed there is actually a keyhole on the passenger side safely hidden under the handle design. The problem now is once you lock the car with the remote and unlock it with key it starts making noise until you start the car.

Now this technology is a good feature, will deter thiefs from tampering with your ket hole but the doisadvantage is once your remote has a problem you find it difficult to ebter the car.

Will you vote for
1. total keyless entry and button to start against the
2. manual key to unlock and start

Your car is originally a right hand drive, cars that have only one key hole have them at the drivers side door. I had a 2000 model Nissan Maxima and the key hole was at the drivers door. Also, ur transponder definitely has a problem, will advice u check the part number at the back of the transponder and search for it online and alsso how to program it to your car, I did mine myself when I had to replace it. Pls note, not all cars can be programmed via DIY.

2 Likes

Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by inze(m): 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
TheGrandMaster:

Your car is originally a right hand drive, cars that have only one key hole have them at the drivers side door. I had a 2000 model Nissan Maxima and the key hole was at the drivers door. Also, ur transponder definitely has a problem, will advice u check the part number at the back of the transponder and search for it online and alsso how to program it to your car, I did mine myself when I had to replace it. Pls note, not all cars can be programmed via DIY.

You're Wrong at the bolded,

Having a hidden keyhole by the passenger door handle doesn't make ones car right handed.

I've got same on a 1996 Mercedes Benz C180 and it sure is a lefty. Same thing for others i've seen.

I always make sure i keep new pairs of battery in the glove compartment just in-case.
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by TheGrandMaster: 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
inze:

You're Wrong at the bolded,

Having a hidden keyhole by the passenger door handle doesn't make ones car right handed.

I've got same on a 1996 Mercedes Benz C180 and it sure is a lefty. Same thing for others i've seen.

I always make sure i keep new pairs of battery in the glove compartment just in-case.

Your car was converted from a right hand to a left. Does it make sense to open a car from the passenger side if your remote control and/or central lock isnt working? Do some reesearch, i drive a 2008 C300 and the key hole is on the driver side door.

3 Likes

Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by danadam(m): 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
TheGrandMaster:

Your car was converted from a right hand to a left. Does it make sense to open a car from the passenger side if your remote control and/or central lock isnt working? Do some reesearch, i drive a 2008 C300 and the key hole is on the driver side door.

Mine is a 2005 c320 and the keyhole is on the driver's door. I've used it on some few occassions that my smartkey decides to mess up.
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by nurey(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
TheGrandMaster:

You are right the car was converted from RHD to LHD but the key hole is now at the LH side except the doors were also converted. It was meant to be at the passenger side.
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by TheGrandMaster: 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
nurey:
You are right the car was converted from RHD to LHD but the key hole is now at the LH side except the doors were also converted. It was meant to be at the passenger side.

In your original post you said the keyhole is on the passenger side which is on the right of the vehicle, I am abit confused with your new post again.

1 Like

Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by inze(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
TheGrandMaster:

I've got a w202 c180/elegance/manual drive and to the best of my knowledge its a lefty. Its got a remote sensor on the driver side that picks signal from the key-fob which locks/unlock the doors and windows while the passenger side has the keyhole. According to the manual, its instruction says, leave an extra-battery in the pigeon hole should in case the battery of the remote fails then unlock door from passenger side while you get replacement battery in the car.

Seen other same model like that, would have loved to show you pictures of the car but am away from home but meanwhile, make do with the below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku3w3wO8ybk (Youtube video for a righty of like-model)

Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by TheGrandMaster: 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
inze:

I've got a w202 c180/elegance/manual drive and to the best of my knowledge its a lefty. Its got a remote sensor on the driver side that picks signal from the key-fob which locks/unlock the doors and windows while the passenger side has the keyhole. According to the manual, its instruction says, leave an extra-battery in the pigeon hole should in case the battery of the remote fails then unlock door from passenger side while you get replacement battery in the car.

Seen other same model like that, would have loved to show you pictures of the car but am away from home but meanwhile, make do with the below.

Guess I am wrong about that car then.
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
ITbomb: Manual anytime for me
you must be Mr Ikenna351 younger broda

1 Like

Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by nurey(m): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
TheGrandMaster:

In your original post you said the keyhole is on the passenger side which is on the right of the vehicle, I am abit confused with your new post again.

The passenger side was Left by default, so the conversion brought the driver to left hence if we look at it technically, it was supposedly put at the passenger side which is left.
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by nurey(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
I didn't know there was a key hole, it was cleverly hidden under the casing, you need to remove the casing b4 u got to it.
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Practice preventative maintenance and all should be well.
Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by nobleben80(m): 9:06am On Mar 30, 2017
@Inze, can you assist me upload the W202 Elegance user manual via nobleben80@gmail.com
i really need it, thanks...
inze:

Re: When Advanced Technology Goes Wrong by inze(m): 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
nobleben80:
@Inze, can you assist me upload the W202 Elegance user manual via nobleben80@gmail.com
i really need it, thanks...

http://www.opelclub.ru/mihey/mb/manual/w202.pdf

(1) (Reply)

Which Jeep Can I Get With N800,000 / Carprog Reset Airbag On Renault Megane / Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.