Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

The Book Of Revelation!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Revelation!!! (802 Views)

The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe / Who Are The Twenty-four (24) Elders In The Book Of Revelation? / How Can Atheists Read The Book Of Revelation And Still Cling On To Folly ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Book Of Revelation!!! by Akell(m): 8:06am On Sep 15, 2014
The book of Revelation is the last book of the Christian Bible. It was written by Apostle Paul on the island of Patmos at a time when Christians were being persecuted because of their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord. The writer's main concern is to hope and encouragement, and to urge them to remain faithful during times if suffering and persecution.

For the most part of the book consists of several series of revelations and visions presented in symbolic language that would have been understood by Christians of that day, but would have remained a mystery to all others.

The central theme is clear: through Christ the Lord, God will finally and totally defeat all His enemies, including Satan, and will reward his faithful people with the blessings of a new Heaven and a new earth when this victory is complete.

As a person, I always have this fear when reading this book. Most times, I its as much as possible to avoid it. It's like watching a horror movie
do you read this book? Do you also have this fear
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by Liveair: 10:46am On Sep 15, 2014
Akell: The book of Revelation is the last book of the Christian Bible. It was written by Apostle Paul on the island of Patmos at a time when Christians were being persecuted because of their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord. The writer's main concern is to hope and encouragement, and to urge them to remain faithful during times if suffering and persecution.

For the most part of the book consists of several series of revelations and visions presented in symbolic language that would have been understood by Christians of that day, but would have remained a mystery to all others.

The central theme is clear: through Christ the Lord, God will finally and totally defeat all His enemies, including Satan, and will reward his faithful people with the blessings of a new Heaven and a new earth when this victory is complete.

As a person, I always have this fear when reading this book. Most times, I its as much as possible to avoid it. It's like watching a horror movie

Revelation was by John, not paul.
Fear what? Something written by uninformed fishermen?

The Fear factor is exactly what Religion thrives on.
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by Akell(m): 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
My bad! Thanks, written by Apostle John.
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by emmyskies(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
Yes, the fear that instills wisdom in the mind of true christians. For the fear of GOD is the begining of wisdom. Same fear the Israelites had when GOD Almighty came to earth in His full being. The earth quaked, the mount couldn't hold the LORD, it quaked, fire and thunder with thick darkness surround the LORD. And when the LORD spoke, the Israelites were sore afraid that they told Moses commune with GOD directly, that GOD shouldn't talk to them lest they die
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by solotutu(m): 3:12am On Sep 17, 2014
Liveair:

Revelation was by John, not paul.
Fear what? Something written by uninformed fishermen?

The Fear factor is exactly what Religion thrives on.
hmm you call them uninformed fishermen Thats uncalled for. Besides isnt it normal to fear anything that concerns the future of the world at a whole? The day all the Body of Christ begins to study and dissect this book with attention( imagine ignoring a book about your very own future. That fellow would be called mad and foolish no doubt) Revelations and Daniel, these two are scary, but Daniel's own talked about even Alexander the Great!!! These are all goina happen real. As in real events. Thats what makes it all scary.

Connecting Prophecies/revealtions with History will make many to understand the bible more. Virtually all of Ezekiel's prophecies happened and are still happening till date, unchanged even by civilization. Hmm
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by Liveair: 9:49am On Sep 17, 2014
solotutu: hmm you call them uninformed fishermen Thats uncalled for. Besides isnt it normal to fear anything that concerns the future of the world at a whole? The day all the Body of Christ begins to study and dissect this book with attention( imagine ignoring a book about your very own future. That fellow would be called mad and foolish no doubt) Revelations and Daniel, these two are scary, but Daniel's own talked about even Alexander the Great!!! These are all goina happen real. As in real events. Thats what makes it all scary.

Connecting Prophecies/revealtions with History will make many to understand the bible more. Virtually all of Ezekiel's prophecies happened and are still happening till date, unchanged even by civilization. Hmm

What future are you talking about?
Your chosing to believe the bible isn't going to change the fact that it was written by a bunch of unlearned, folklore-believing tribal jews who were bent on selling their Religion at all cost.
Why does your religion have to bask in fear to instill conformity? Not different from what islam is doing now!

Concerning Revelations or Prophecy, why do people always have to wait for an event to happen in order to then link it to a prophecy? Why didn't Daniel tell us the name of the Emperor would be Alexander? Why not tell us exactly where he'll come from?
Was Nostradamus a biblical prophet? Didn't his prophecy concerning 9/11 come to pass. How do you think it happened?

What prophecies of Ezekiel is still happening pls?

Look, there are people who know enough to care less about your "future apocalypse". These are the people who are really living their lives.
Those who fear an "unknown future" die so many times before their actual death.
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by solotutu(m): 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Liveair:

What future are you talking about?
Your chosing to believe the bible isn't going to change the fact that it was written by a bunch of unlearned, folklore-believing tribal jews who were bent on selling their Religion at all cost.
Why does your religion have to bask in fear to instill conformity? Not different from what islam is doing now!

Concerning Revelations or Prophecy, why do people always have to wait for an event to happen in order to then link it to a prophecy? Why didn't Daniel tell us the name of the Emperor would be Alexander? Why not tell us exactly where he'll come from?
Was Nostradamus a biblical prophet? Didn't his prophecy concerning 9/11 come to pass. How do you think it happened?

What prophecies of Ezekiel is still happening pls?

Look, there are people who know enough to care less about your "future apocalypse". These are the people who are really living their lives.
Those who fear an "unknown future" die so many times before their actual death.

i doubt you know much about prophecy. And besides prophecy is different frm divination. I wonder what benefit it would be to us all if a prophecy entails

1) a man from africa would be usa president
2) his name is barrack obama
3) he is going to support many controversial bill
4) he is going to be a harvard graduate

so pls do tell me, if the whollle world knew the facts of this kind of prophecy, what dyu think would happen? Americans would start looking for someone with all this features before they believe the prophecy would come to pass? Is that what youre saying?

And besides there are instances in the Bible where the names are given-Josiah, Cyrus and Jesus Christ. And rem its God's Spirit speaking thru these men.

I wonder which is more important to you. The name of who will fufill the prophecy, or the events that would come about which would surely affect everyone. What benefits are the names?

And about Ezekiel's Palestine been reinhabited by the Jews.

The speaking about the future is what makes the bible distinct from other books. Those who follow it are seeing its significance and me and you not believing it makes us just 0.00001percent of them all. The way its going to happen is what puts us in fear.

However we have a way out, which is where eternity comes in. You choose to be absent when the world is facing all this via Rapture.... Or you are left behind to partake of it. If this option isnt there. Then il readily agree with you that the Bible is indeed a useless book. A pity i cant agree to that!!!

The Jews didnt impose their religion on anyone. Last time i check it was a roman king that made the spread of christianity outside the bounds of the middle-east. Thats a baseless accusation.
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by solotutu(m): 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fear of the future supposed to lead one to the way out-Christ.

Scientists are all over confirming what the Bible u claimed was written by uninformed men(yes thes seem so to you, but the Holy Spirit inspired them. Thats where uniqueness creeps in)

you not come close one bit to people like William Ramsay( formerly a Bible skeptic. He spent years.. Decades trying to prove that the Bible was the product of ambitious monks.)

At the end of the day...... Hundreds of athiest and infidels that supported him financially, etc had to announce their repudiation of unbelief and accept Christianity.

He was one of them, and his evidence changed hundreds of his renowned supporters. Grace is close by your door step. The fear is there(not to be taken advantage of by anyone), but it should lead you to the TRUTH!!

IL OPEN A THREAD ABOUT THIS SKEPTICS IF I HAVE A CHANCE.
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by Liveair: 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
solotutu: i doubt you know much about prophecy. And besides prophecy is different frm divination. I wonder what benefit it would be to us all if a prophecy entails

1) a man from africa would be usa president
2) his name is barrack obama
3) he is going to support many controversial bill
4) he is going to be a harvard graduate

so pls do tell me, if the whollle world knew the facts of this kind of prophecy, what dyu think would happen? Americans would start looking for someone with all this features before they believe the prophecy would come to pass? Is that what youre saying?

And besides there are instances in the Bible where the names are given-Josiah, Cyrus and Jesus Christ. And rem its God's Spirit speaking thru these men.

I wonder which is more important to you. The name of who will fufill the prophecy, or the events that would come about which would surely affect everyone. What benefits are the names?

And about Ezekiel's Palestine been reinhabited by the Jews.

The speaking about the future is what makes the bible distinct from other books. Those who follow it are seeing its significance and me and you not believing it makes us just 0.00001percent of them all. The way its going to happen is what puts us in fear.

However we have a way out, which is where eternity comes in. You choose to be absent when the world is facing all this via Rapture.... Or you are left behind to partake of it. If this option isnt there. Then il readily agree with you that the Bible is indeed a useless book. A pity i cant agree to that!!!

The Jews didnt impose their religion on anyone. Last time i check it was a roman king that made the spread of christianity outside the bounds of the middle-east. Thats a baseless accusation.

Please tell me something about prophecy I don't know.

It means you failed to understand the logic.
If the bible had prophecies of those events, why isn't it specific and mention details? Why didn't it tell us his name would be Alexander of Macedonia?
Even the Quran has better prophecies.

Again, I ask, how is any biblical "prophecy" superior to that by a non biblical prophet like Nostradamus?

Now, concerning your story of a former atheist, its funny how you guys think one way. For your info, atheism is at a massive rise due to enlightenment and superior information. No serious mind will remain pitched with a racist, child killing, vengeful God.

If you were studious, you'd know that in the past, several people, King Alvan the terrible, King Herod, Mosilini, Hitler and Pope Benedict have all been linked to biblical prophecy as being Anti-christ. Did they turn out to be?
All these should tell you is that its all permutation.
Anyone who cares for prophecies will always search links to any events to attribute it to.

By the way, without the Fear factor in Religion, no one will remain devout.
With all the flaws and errors of fact in the bible no serious mind can take it seriously.

So you were told the Jews didn't impose their Religion. Please try and study, read about the Crusades, read about the Inquisition in Europe in the 2nd century.
Re: The Book Of Revelation!!! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
Akell: The book of Revelation is the last book of the Christian Bible. It was written by Apostle Paul on the island of Patmos at a time when Christians were being persecuted because of their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord. The writer's main concern is to hope and encouragement, and to urge them to remain faithful during times if suffering and persecution.

The Book of Revelations is a favourite of mine, one of the last testimonies to be admitted to the canons, its authorship was disputed, aspersions were cast on its theology and the reformist Martin Luther could find no sign of Jesus in it.

The book is Christianity’s answer to the eschatology of Juadism that is to be found in the books of Ezekiel, Jeremiah and Daniel amongst others. The symbolism and allegory of the book of Revelations is breathtaking and if truth be told, possibly above the pay-grade of most ordinary Christians. First century CE Jews who were Christians were also steeped in the customs of Jewish mysticism, they wanted their own arcana and they got it.

On one level the book deals with Jewish apocalyptic worldview, on another, it represents a window to peer into.

(1) (Reply)

A World Without Religion, How Will Itreally Look? / Irreversible Divine Blessings / Learn Ur History And Stop Been Lazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.