Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned (3374 Views)

How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned – Part 3 / How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned – Part 2 / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by opeano(m): 1:30am On Sep 16, 2014
mayorlan:

Thanks.

I have an audience and a following online and this is an habit i have learned anyway as i am naturally an aggressive guys - ladies i am in love with knows this better..lol

To build an audience online and to teach anything,it requires having patience as we all look at things in different ways. Some might see another NL bulls**t thread and others will see something that need a listening attention so it's no problem having such initial knocks.

Do you drink? i think i need to buy you a beer.

PS: I don't drink - it's just a popular cliche to say thank you! lolzz
of coz i drink, show me someone on earth that dont drink and I will show You a dead man. I wake up early to take warm water, drink water or beverage after breakfast, lunch and then I drink orange Juice before dinner. I drink a lot, but nothing alcoholic find its way to my lips
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by mayorlan(m): 1:34am On Sep 16, 2014
NairaMode: Well would love to learn something.
I only think you are responding too much to people.
I don't care whether you split it into 4, 500 parts. All I care about is to be informed.

Great businesses service because they know what others do not know so let's see what you know that we don't know that will earn us that great job.
Thanks for that comment. Variety they said is the spice of life.

Thanks God,someone like you is here to learn.. Just will like to correct the say that I know what someone don't know - that's not fair.

There is nothing new or special or secret in this,just that people won't see to it and use it.

It's all an expanded version of a chapter in Think and Grow Rich.

3 years ago when I want my dream job and never want to spend too much time to get it knowing I don't know anyone,I read the book and implemented what is inside and it worked not once,twice but thrice.

Well,maybe I am replying too much to people's comment. That might be bad - maybe a NL rule and I don't know as this is my first thread on NL. I deal with people - clients,customers,friends etc daily and I am used to addressing people's concern the way I think is appropriate.

I'm just enjoying NL and why not spend some free time on it- life is too short to not enjoy every moment of it.

Cheers!
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by mayorlan(m): 1:36am On Sep 16, 2014
opeano:
of coz i drink, show me someone on earth that dont drink and I will show You a dead man. I wake up early to take warm water, drink water or beverage after breakfast, lunch and then I drink orange Juice before dinner. I drink a lot, but nothing alcoholic find its way to my lips
Boss!

You got me there. I drink, mean like what you have never see before - like too much of water.
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 16, 2014
mayorlan: Thanks for that comment. Variety they said is the spice of life.

Thanks God,someone like you is here to learn.. Just will like to correct the say that I know what someone don't know - that's not fair.

There is nothing new or special or secret in this,just that people won't see to it and use it.

It's all an expanded version of a chapter in Think and Grow Rich.

3 years ago when I want my dream job and never want to spend too much time to get it knowing I don't know anyone,I read the book and implemented what is inside and it worked not once,twice but thrice.

Well,maybe I am replying too much to people's comment. That might be bad - maybe a NL rule and I don't know as this is my first thread on NL. I deal with people - clients,customers,friends etc daily and I am used to addressing people's concern the way I think is appropriate.

I'm just enjoying NL and why not spend some free time on it- life is too short to not enjoy every moment of it.

Cheers!

Great!
I would like to agree with you.
So we are customers or clients?
Great you see us that way.
Anyway waiting sha.
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by mayorlan(m): 1:45am On Sep 16, 2014
NairaMode:

Great!
I would like to agree with you.
So we are customers or clients?
Great you see us that way.
Anyway waiting sha.
Friends! - the last of the list before the etc
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 16, 2014
mayorlan: Please keep your money inside your wallet or pocket or whatsoever because I don't need your money for anything,I'm ok with what I have and never need any small change you are used to paying some funny gurus with nothing to say than "buy my book" that you think I am.

I am not a guru,just sharing my story for anyone who care to listen.

I sacked my boss when I got bored of the job I opted for out of the two I got so I am my own boss 2 years down the road and I have what I do to make a living that's profitable and OK for me than the change you think I want to get from you.

A ripoff to me is someone who have exhibited a scammy prowess and thank Goodness you can't find any link where I mentioned a book for sale.

I am here for open minded people Nigerians to share from what I have leaned and what I see as something job seekers are doing wrong.

Anyway,these at least are no secret,any open minded being who have read Think and Grow Rich will know this secret.

Save yourself the time to leave such unwarranted comment,buy the book and open your mind to what Mr Hill has to say about a woman who got a dream job for his son.

The money I don't want that you think I want to collect from this thread will have a better use buying the book and at least,you can trust a legend like him than a random guy that I am.

U are only gud at telling stories but not hitting the nail on the head. U can't fool me with those ur stories cos m not new on nairaland. Scammers on nl are gud story tellers. Nobody begged u 2 come tell us how u got ur job in the first place, u came here ursef to do it. And if u can't make justice to how u got ur job without putting refering people to some link for an ebook then its best u keep ur stories 4 ursef. U get dat? No one needs cock. and bull stories. U might aswell tell ur job story to others who are desperate to hear one cos u not the first person in nigeria to get a job so suck it up.

There lots of great stories shared for free on the internet, textbooks sold in paper can be gotten for free online so u coming here claiming ur ebook is golden because it comes with a price? Its nt evn ur handwork sef, u wana make cheap money off som1's work. If u rili got a genuine job it ought to feed u n nt make u look 4 ways to get little change from selling ebooks.

It gets me to think u don't av any job afterall, all u interested in is selling one ebook jst 2 make a living.
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by jnrbayano(m): 7:06am On Sep 16, 2014
prettyboi1989:
U are only gud at telling stories but not hitting the nail on the head. U can't fool me with those ur stories cos m not new on nairaland. Scammers on nl are gud story tellers. Nobody begged u 2 come tell us how u got ur job in the first place, u came here ursef to do it. And if u can't make justice to how u got ur job without putting refering people to some link for an ebook then its best u keep ur stories 4 ursef. U get dat? No one needs cock. and bull stories. U might aswell tell ur job story to others who are desperate to hear one cos u not the first person in nigeria to get a job so suck it up.

There lots of great stories shared for free on the internet, textbooks sold in paper can be gotten for free online so u coming here claiming ur ebook is golden because it comes with a price? Its nt evn ur handwork sef, u wana make cheap money off som1's work. If u rili got a genuine job it ought to feed u n nt make u look 4 ways to get little change from selling ebooks.

It gets me to think u don't av any job afterall, all u interested in is selling one ebook jst 2 make a living.

Good Morning,

Can't you just look on to see whether he is right or wrong?
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2014
francleanflexy: i wanted to leave the thread without commenting but on a second thought i decided against it.
Op i must say that i dont like ur style of writing.
Ur write up is mainly quantity rather than quality.
U spend so much time saying things of little relevance while contributing very little to the big picture.

Last bullet-: if u are an author i wont buy ur book
yeah.. as a graduate. . The sentences are badly constructed. A summary could av been better.
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by aieromon(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2014
I have been following this thread since its creation and I'm yet to see any relevance.

OP, prove doubters wrong by pasting your experience or forever hold your peace. Readers don't want to see any link or an Ebook referral, they just want to read how he got his dream job in two weeks.

Thanks.
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by mayorlan(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Morning!

For every knocks and kudos since i started this thread,thanks for all.

I have posted part two of this thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1905569/how-got-job-just-two.

I expect more of knocks more than kudos anyway and it's no big deal but lesson 1 and 2 is right there in the second part of the thread and it's up to everyone to get pick what they want out of the whole tread - useful lessons or cynicism.

Thanks.
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by oladayo042: 8:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
Seriously, do you need to create another thread for Part 2?

You like being verbose. Even some of your replies to simple comments here are more than 300 words. Despite your promise of the contrary, the Part 2 is still unnecessarily long. People don't want to read your review of "Think and Grow Rich." People don't want to read your analysis of probability theory. Just give them the info, straight away.

The harsh truth is that every job seeker will have to compete. Resources are scarce, including time. What is the probability that I will read your blog out of the thousands of blogs offering job and career advice? 0.000001? That's competition! I thought you said you hate it?

Have a nice day.
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by mayorlan(m): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2014
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by mayorlan(m): 11:45am On Sep 17, 2014
oladayo042: Seriously, do you need to create another thread for Part 2?

You like being verbose. Even some of your replies to simple comments here are more than 300 words. Despite your promise of the contrary, the Part 2 is still unnecessarily long. People don't want to read your review of "Think and Grow Rich." People don't want to read your analysis of probability theory. Just give them the info, straight away.

The harsh truth is that every job seeker will have to compete. Resources are scarce, including time. What is the probability that I will read your blog out of the thousands of blogs offering job and career advice? 0.000001? That's competition! I thought you said you hate it?

Have a nice day.

Maybe and maybe not

Hindsight is 50/50 anyway. But if you ask me,i have never played the game of competing for job or any other thing i want as much as i can manage to get a way not to compete but get what i want in a smarter and better way. Call me a contrarian and you might be right but as long as it's working for me,i won't bother about it.

The thread is not for everyone i must say - if it's too long and verbose as you said,then you are free to click away and again,you are free not to read my blog - infact,i don't want everyone to do so,just only people with open mind who won't mind to listen to a reality way beyond what they are used to.

Thanks for dropping by anyway
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by mayorlan(m): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence Day!

I'm so sorry to go virtually AWOL since posting part 3 here.

I just posted part 4 and you can find the link to it below

https://www.nairaland.com/1928433/how-got-job-just-two
Re: How I Got A Job In Just Two Weeks - My Story And Lessons Learned by snowserve(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION PRICE SLASH!!!

Snowserve Consults offers you an opportunity to transform your cv into a professional self-marketing tool for just #1000!!!
This offer includes 2 FREE EBOOKS by seasoned authors on how you can effectively use LinkedIn to secure your dream job. Grab this offer by sending your current cv to snowserve@gmail.com ,Offer lasts till 10th October 2014.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Requirements To Open JAIZ Bank Account. / What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. / Learn SAP (ERP) For Just 2k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.