Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) (658 Views)

How Wil You React If Your Wife And Kids Are Discussing Of Sharing Your Property. / Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Her Husband Claimed She Was Not GOD' S Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 16, 2014
I thought this was an old trick until not long when younger sis came back after looking for job all around PH with a story of how some men in a car she embarked upon started discussing about some millions of naira in a bag in the car! They just needed a few thousands to get a certain chemical to "ressurect" the millions. They all swore not to leek this "secret". She had only #40,000- her NYSC savings. She withdrew it(before telling us). She needed #10,000 more. She 'codedly' began to ask for money and acting all suspicious (In the voice of Rochelle- in "Everybody hates Chris"wink. Finally, the truth shone in darkness... We laughed her to scorn and her eyes opened up. The money was discharged from her: for the mean time. She tried calling them later, it was switched off!
HAVING LIVED IN LAGOS ALL MY LIFE, I know their tricks o. But surprisingly, a big girl like younger my sis was ignorant. CAN WE ENLIGHTEN & REMIND some of us (Modern day Adults) who are not really aware of their techniques and tactics of these Fraudsters, Facebook Criminals, Yahoo™ guys, Airtime Beggers, Roadside Money Extorters, Scammers etc?

PS: So sorry if I am ruining your Source of income. Comment anyway....Have fun...
Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by nenergy(m): 2:02am On Sep 16, 2014
Their tricks are enormous. But they succeed because their victims are gullible, greedy and not vigilant. The moment you begin to mention Dollars or gold in a cab; "driver, owa o".

Did your sister fall victim. You didn't say if she did.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 16, 2014
nenergy: Their tricks are enormous. But they succeed because their victims are gullible, greedy and not vigilant. The moment you begin to mention Dollars or gold in a cab; "driver, owa o".

Thanks. No.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 16, 2014
That event led a Yoruba woman to tell us how she even took their money. They told her to go get like #50,000. She was acting as though she has "fallen mugu". She told them to wait for her that she had over half a million in her account, But she only needed like #2,000 from them for T.p. They gave her...
The rest is History...

1 Like

Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Opiosko: 2:13am On Sep 16, 2014
Ur sister needs deliverance. Sound like a trick for ignorant folks... What kinda story is that? Does it mean she does not knw what govt mint is? To detect fraud, the golden rule ' if it sound too gud to be true, it's probably cannot be true.'

1 Like

Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Opiosko: 2:15am On Sep 16, 2014
emusmith: That event led a Yoruba woman to tell us how she even took their money. They told her to go get like #50,000. She was acting as though she has "fallen mugu". She told them to wait for her that she had over half a million in her account, But she only needed like #2,000 from them for T.p. They gave her...
The rest is History...
Choi! Bush meat catch hunter. Hehehe!
Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 16, 2014
After then, that my sis confessed that "Maybe i am actually not contented with what i have o" and she is the only one among us that schooled and even served in the East... Hmm....Don't quote me please. #anobservation# lol
Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Opiosko: Choi! Bush meat catch hunter. Hehehe!
As in enh... I wan laff scara!
Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by nenergy(m): 8:18am On Sep 16, 2014
emusmith: That event led a Yoruba woman to tell us how she even took their money. They told her to go get like #50,000. She was acting as though she has "fallen mugu". She told them to wait for her that she had over half a million in her account, But she only needed like #2,000 from them for T.p. They gave her...
The rest is History...
Amazing! smiley
Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Valto(m): 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
nenergy: Their tricks are enormous. But they succeed because their victims are gullible, greedy and not vigilant. The moment you begin to mention Dollars or gold in a cab; "driver, owa o".

gbam! correct guy
Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Valto(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
emusmith: After then, that my sis confessed that,, "Maybe i am actually not contented with what i have o" and she is the only one among us that schooled and even served in the East... Hmm....Don't quote me please. #anobservation# lol
i have to quote u cos u sound fatuous.The east side your sis schooled/served cant be the cause of her apparent stu.pidity and greediness of believing the equally wacky 419ners.
Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
Valto: i have to quote u cos u sound fatuous.The east side your sis schooled/served cant be the cause of her apparent stu.pidity and greediness of believing the equally wacky 419ners.
#Silenceisgolden# especially when you feel like unleashing your vocabulary arsenal on a midget who dialled the wrong number... #Silenceisgolden#
Re: How Can One Detect Fraudsters? (Sharing Your Encounter(s)Will Be An Added Bonus) by thankyouJesus(m): 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
emusmith: #Silenceisgolden# especially when you feel like unleashing your vocabulary arsenal on a midget who dialled the wrong number... #Silenceisgolden#

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Announce A Pregnancy To Husband / See How My Wife Made My Father In Law Place A Curse On Me / Do You Agree? First Born Daughters Are Most Likely To Succeed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.