Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

"When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" (1464 Views)

Mary And Martha: The Right Thing At The Right Time. / When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26am On Sep 16, 2014
Question: "When is the right time for marriage?"

Answer: The right time for marriage is different for each person and unique to each situation. Maturity levels and life experiences are varying factors; some people are ready for marriage at 18, and some are never prepared for it. As the U.S. divorce rate exceeds 50 percent, it is obvious that much of our society does not view marriage as an everlasting commitment. However, this is the world's view, which will usually contradict God's (1 Corinthians 3:18).

A strong foundation is imperative for a successful marriage and should be settled before one even begins to date or court a potential life mate. Our Christian walk should include much more than just attending church on Sundays and being involved in Bible study. We must have a personal relationship with God that comes only through trusting in and obeying Jesus Christ. We must educate ourselves about marriage, seeking God's view on it, before diving in. A person must know what the Bible says about love, commitment, sexual relations, the role of a husband and wife, and His expectations of us before committing to marriage. Having at least one Christian married couple as a role model is also important. An older couple can answer questions about what goes into a successful marriage, how to create intimacy (beyond the physical), how faith is invaluable, etc.

A prospective married couple also needs to make sure that they know each other well. They should know each other's views on marriage, finances, in-laws, child-rearing, discipline, duties of a husband and wife, whether only one of them or both will be working outside the home, and the level of the other person’s spiritual maturity. Many people get married taking their partner's word for it that they are a Christian, only to find out later that it was merely lip service. Every couple considering marriage should go through counseling with a Christian marriage counselor or pastor. In fact, many pastors will not perform weddings unless they have met several times with the couple in a counseling setting.

Marriage is not only a commitment, but a covenant with God. It is the promise to remain with that other person for the remainder of your life, no matter whether your spouse is rich, poor, healthy, sick, overweight, underweight, or boring. A Christian marriage should endure through every circumstance, including fighting, anger, devastation, disaster, depression, bitterness, addiction, and loneliness. Marriage should never be entered into with the idea that divorce is an option—not even as the last straw. The Bible tells us that through God all things are possible (Luke 18:27), and this certainly includes marriage. If a couple makes the decision at the beginning to stay committed and to put God first, divorce will not be the inevitable solution to a miserable situation.

It is important to remember that God wants to give us the desires of our heart, but that is only possible if our desires match His. People often get married because it just “feels right.” In the early stages of dating, and even of marriage, you see the other person coming, and you get butterflies in your stomach. Romance is at its peak, and you know the feeling of being “in love.” Many expect that this feeling will remain forever. The reality is that it does not. The result can be disappointment and even divorce as those feelings fade, but those in successful marriages know that the excitement of being with the other person does not have to end. Instead, the butterflies give way to a deeper love, a stronger commitment, a more solid foundation, and an unbreakable security.

The Bible is clear that love does not rely on feelings. This is evident when we are told to love our enemies (Luke 6:35). True love is possible only when we allow the Holy Spirit to work through us, cultivating the fruit of our salvation (Galatians 5:22-23). It is a decision we make on a daily basis to die to ourselves and our selfishness, and to let God shine through us. Paul tells us how to love others in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” When we are ready to love another person as 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 describes, that is the right time for marriage.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/marriage-right-time.html#ixzz3DSAvZN73
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 6:32am On Sep 16, 2014
Forget all this write up. The right time to marry is when the money in your bank account is suffering from severe obesity.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by AdeniyiA(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2014
crisycent: Forget all this write up. The right time to marry is when the money in your bank account is suffering from severe obesity.
you're joking right? undecided
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by Babafaros(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2014
I believe marriage has no age barrier so far ,You are mature and financially Okay & Many other confirmations from Man & God.One can Go Ahead
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
crisycent: Forget all this write up. The right time to marry is when the money in your bank account is suffering from severe obesity.
Hehehehe
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
AdeniyiA:

Wake up ooo
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
crisycent:

Forget all this write up. The right time to marry is when the money in your bank account is suffering from severe obesity.

Has it come to that? undecided
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Babafaros:

I believe marriage has no age barrier so far ,You are mature and financially Okay & Many other confirmations from Man & God.One can Go Ahead

No age barrier of course. wink

Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Has it come to that? undecided

Wake up from your coma.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
crisycent:

Wake up from your coma.

What then happens when your wife's bank account dries up? undecided
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What then happens when your wife's bank account dries up? undecided

No wonder you had to quote me. Did I say you should depend on your wife's money? Is that what you do?
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
crisycent:

No wonder you had to quote me. Did I say you should depend on your wife's money? Is that what you do?

I apologise If I misunderstood you. Do you mind explaining what you meant in your first post?
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I apologise If I misunderstood you. Do you mind explaining what you meant in your first post?

I mean the right time to get married is when your bank account is suffering from severe obesity. Meaning your account is full, fat, loaded. Understand now?
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05am On Sep 25, 2014
crisycent:

I mean the right time to get married is when your bank account is suffering from severe obesity. Meaning your account is full, fat, loaded. Understand now?

Severe obesity is a disease which is not congruent with a full, fat, loaded account, does it? undecided
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 6:27am On Sep 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Severe obesity is a disease which is not congruent with a full, fat, loaded account, does it? undecided

How old are you? Did you by any means study literature in school? Grow up son and use your tiny brain.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:46am On Sep 25, 2014
crisycent:

How old are you? Did you by any means study literature in school? Grow up son and use your tiny brain.

Are you one of those who believe that severe obesity is a sign of good living? undecided
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Are you one of those who believe that severe obesity is a sign of good living? undecided

Dude stop being stupid. Use your head and understand what I'm saying. I referred to a bank account as being obese and not the owner. You are too dull. Stop quoting me Id!0t
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
crisycent:

Dude stop being stupid. Use your head and understand what I'm saying. I referred to a bank account as being obese and not the owner. You are too dull. Stop quoting me Id!0t

How can a bank account be obese, wise man? cool

1 Like

Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

grin
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 6:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Id!0t, dangote's bank account is suffering from severe obesity.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by alasco1(m): 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
crisycent:

can't stop laughing...........
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
crisycent:

Id!0t, dangote's bank account is suffering from severe obesity.

What sensible person will say that dangote's bank account is suffering from a severe disease? undecided
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What sensible person will say that dangote's bank account is suffering from a severe disease? undecided

No wonder your generation is poor.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
crisycent:

No wonder your generation is poor.

Get an afterlife!
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Get an afterlife!

Get a refund from your school if you ever attended one. Your the dullest person alive and your a waste to humanity.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
crisycent:

Get a refund from your school if you ever attended one. Your the dullest person alive and your a waste to humanity.

Forget about refunds and let's talk about your education here. You live in a society that believes that being obese is a sign of health and wealth. That's probably why you associate obese bank accounts to prosperity.

Second, you should also learn that marriage is not all about money there are other factors involved which is the more reason why you should be patient and listen to your elders who have been there, seen that and got the T-shirt.

Lastly, you should first of all become a bride of Christ before seeking for a bride. Your language here betrays your depravity and it's only when you surrender your heart and tongue to the Lord Jesus Christ that you can understand and enjoy marriage in a loving relationship.

I wish you a blessed Sunday. wink

1 Like

Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
AdeniyiA:

He must be joking.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Forget about refunds and let's talk about your education here. You live in a society that believes that being obese is a sign of health and wealth. That's probably why you associate obese bank accounts to prosperity.

Second, you should also learn that marriage is not all about money there are other factors involved which is the more reason why you should be patient and listen to your elders who have been there, seen that and got the T-shirt.

Lastly, you should first of all become a bride of Christ before seeking for a bride. Your language here betrays your depravity and it's only when you surrender your heart and tongue to the Lord Jesus Christ that you can understand and enjoy marriage in a loving relationship.

I wish you a blessed Sunday. wink

Once again I'd!0t I have to question your education because it is absurd that you don't know what metaphor is in English language. Well, I guess you are one of those yoruba id!0ts that was thought in your stupid language and never really understood English language.

If you have "been there, seen that and got a t-shirt" why do you create a topic that asks the right time for marriage? Your a waste to world. You simply don't know where your heading in life. Your a confused soul at the crossroads. Get a life gay.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2014
crisycent:

Once again I'd!0t I have to question your education because it is absurd that you don't know what metaphor is in English language. Well, I guess you are one of those yoruba id!0ts that was thought in your stupid language and never really understood English language.

If you have "been there, seen that and got a t-shirt" why do you create a topic that asks the right time for marriage? Your a waste to world. You simply don't know where your heading in life. Your a confused soul at the crossroads. Get a life gay.

Don't be a noddy, learn how to spell properly. You don't want to go through life being a poltroon. "Saying obese bank account" may be a phrase in ghetto language but don't be bodacious about it as if you are speaking queen's English. Jesus can deliver you from being scurrilous only if you repent and trust in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by crisycent: 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be a noddy, learn how to spell properly. You don't want to go through life being a poltroon. "Saying obese bank account" may be a phrase in ghetto language but don't be bodacious about it as if you are speaking queen's English. Jesus can deliver you from being scurrilous only if you repent and trust in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

My typo error does not dispute the fact that you are daft. I guess your marriage is in shambles, you had to create this topic to find out how you got it all messed up. Nairaland can't save you. Id!0t.
Re: "When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
crisycent:

My typo error does not dispute the fact that you are daft. I guess your marriage is in shambles, you had to create this topic to find out how you got it all messed up. Nairaland can't save you. Id!0t.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you" (Matthew 7:6).
smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Years Old Girl Reveals About Adeboye, Oyedepo, Others / Divine Perfection / Pastor Chris Is A Different Kind Of Minister - Benny Hinn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.