Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? (741 Views)

Cow Shedding Tears After Seeing Knifes They Would Use To Kill Him (photos) / Mans Inhumanity To His Fellow Man! / What Will You Do/Say If You See A Fellow Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by kilokeys(m): 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hollywood tries to make us believe that all soldiers fire at each other, desperately attempting to hit and kill each other. While there is some truth in the matter, it is mostly wrong.

A look at history might help illustrate what I am talking about. In World War Two, it is a fact that only 15-20 percent of the soldiers fired at the enemy.

To Kill or not to Kill

This is a very hard decision for a soldier to make and a great many factors can influence the soldiers ability to kill his fellow man. Before combat soldiers may talk a lot and seem like a blood thirsty, fear inspiring bunch. Veterans are likely to be more subdued unless they are 'psyching themselves up'.

It should be noted that although a soldier may shoot, he may not try to kill. People were willing to fire but not always willing to hit the target.

Most sane humans, if given the choice, will not kill their fellow man and are extremely reluctant to do so, despite what holly wood would like you to believe. When they are forced to do so, many can experience a great deal of psychological trauma.

Studies have shown that the more time in combat a soldier spends the more likely they are to become a psychiatric casualty.

To prevent this, units are rotated.

Units are frequently rotated into the reserves to allow them time to 'recover'.

To understand the 'sixty day' concept lets look at what happens when a unit goes into combat.

Within the first ten days a unit becomes 'battlewise', Between ten and thirty days, they reach maximum efficiency. The fall into the pattern of combat.

After about thirty days Combat exhaustion begins to set in. Combat exhaustion is the effect of the elements, poor food, and physical exhaustion.

After about forty-five days Emotional Exhaustion may set in and they lack the will they had before.

source: www.miltary-sf.com

my rationale
Soldiers go bonkers when stressed

the recently condemned 12 are our gallant men. they deserve respect.

1 Like

Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by princealbashir: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
too long sir.

1 Like

Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by Pdizzle(m): 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Yeah, they are humans too, i think the punishment is harsh, but this is Military and that offence is mutiny which is tantamount to being court-martialed. Hope they get help

1 Like

Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by QAPHAYNE: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
This is one of the best posts I have read online. Op u too much jor.

1 Like

Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by kilokeys(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
QAPHAYNE: This is one of the best posts I have read online. Op u too much jor.

Nlanders like stewpid topics.. most don't engage thier minds. u see dem only in the romance corner..

i am voracious reader.. and i know u r one too.. i appreciate u taking time to read this post.
Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by kilokeys(m): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pdizzle: Yeah, they are humans too, i think the punishment is harsh, but this is Military and that offence is mutiny which is tantamount to being court-martialed. Hope they get help

during the world war 2. the french army suffered mutinies. a staggering number of 35,000 soldiers where found guilty..
when they provided better care for these soldiers they became more patroitic..

57 were executed.. thats fair compared to killing 35,000.
Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by mumumugu(m): 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thy shall not kill
Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by kilokeys(m): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2014
mumumugu: Thy shall not kill

but u just killed english undecided
Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by QAPHAYNE: 2:13am On Sep 18, 2014
kilokeys:

Nlanders like stewpid topics.. most don't engage thier minds. u see dem only in the romance corner..

i am voracious reader.. and i know u r one too.. i appreciate u taking time to read this post.

Thanks man.
Re: Is it Easy to Kill a fellow Man? by QAPHAYNE: 2:19am On Sep 18, 2014
I don't know how the military works, but left for me those guys should at worst be dismissed. They simply reacted to the death of there fellow comrades that were butchered on the altar of sabotage and betrayal. The boko haram virtually knew all our moves thanks to the moles in our ranks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Walking In The Middle Of 3rd Mainland Bridge / The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 / WE NEED MORE OF THESE ON NAIRALAND!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.