Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here (777 Views)

Must Read: The House Business (18+) / The Most Boring Story Ever Written / Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
Update 1 - Big Bang

The police swarmed in like bees to quell the gang war, wearing gas masks and carrying protective riot gear enabling them to cut through the stampeding chaos in the green mist that covered the area after the explosion. I coughed out blood on miraculously getting to the other side of a high barbed wire fence strewn across the south park. Two armoured Ford vans screeched to a stop in front of the hedge, the officers at the back exchanged fire with the gangsters hiding behind the cover of an overgrown shrub. I felt my body go numb as intense pain coursed through my nervous system.

I thought i was going to die.

My day had started off quite normally. I gulped down chilled water and feasted on some hot Akara balls in a really hungry manner. Uncle Ray was busy fine tuning the old radio that looked like an antiquity borrowed from the museum to a news station. My ears listened in as i grasped some bits of information.

Then i waved my uncle and my younger brother Danny as i walked out the door headed for lectures, my backpack on one arm. Today was going to have a busy schedule for me, i thought. Basketball practice with the rest of the Hotspurs at school and a trip to the market to get foodstuffs. I felt lucky that i wore a sleeved shirt underneat my vest as cold crept around the unclad parts of my body.

I took the mass transit and got to the university unusually early. The physics lesson seemed to be boring and neverending as some students dozed off. Beside me on the front row was my archrival Joey T, popularly called JayTee by his crew, they were a three man band. They wore jackets of various colors with their initials at the side. To me Joey was a childhood bully as we were together right from the primary school and also brought our grudge with us to college, he would look for everything opportunity at putting me down. At least he wasn't doing that now, he was busy typing away at a social networking app on his cellphone and playing music using earphones hidden under his beanie cap while the lecturer scribbled some formulas on the white board using a marker.

I leaned in to get a textbook of mine he had taken to disguise his work without my permission. My shoulder nudged against his phones detaching the earpiece.

Oops.

The other Students roared in laughter as the beat of the music rang across the class, some were even humming it as loud as possible. The lecturer slowly turned around and faced me with a stern gaze capable of making an owl's eye look like child's play.

"Maxwell Okorokwor, now tell me where those sounds where coming from else-" He said before stopping halfway, he didn't need to finish before i got the message.

Anyone who brought a phone would hand it over and forget about taking it back while missing a streak of classes. There was another option, you could keep the phone and fail that semester, no option was palatable especially as you couldn't take away your simcard. If the person asked couldn't reveal the culprit, he would have to bear the cross for his accomplice.

I looked at Joey's face and realized he was really pissed off, his eyes were red with rage and his long mohawk stood on his bearded head and almost turned grey. My mouth opened, i had already crossed the rubicorn.

"It's Joey" I replied covering my face feigning being a stammerer, i wished i was one then. The lecturer told Joey to quickly hand the device over and choose when he would start avoiding the classes. Joey walked up to him and looked the lecturer right in the eye refusing to hand it over, he drew his trouser and held it at the centre forming a 'low waist'. The class cheered happily as teacher and student went eyeball to eyeball, Joey's crew whistled and hailed him. Finally something interesting, maybe there would be a fight.

"Very well, you have just failed for this semester, young man" said the lecturer. Joey strapped his satchel acrossed his shoulder and walked backwards towards the exit looking at me, his index finger slit his throat mockingly with his tongue out indicating revenge.

I was in some really hot pot of trouble.

I always heard rumors that he was a recruit of the Halfblood princes, one of the strongest organized crime syndicates in the city, they worked on campus as the Prince Kappa fraternity. I never believed those rumors as i thought he behaved bossy just to earn respect until i almost got a bitter taste of his medicine.

To be continued...
Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
I've not read it.
It's boring.

2 Likes

Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ahba!
You should have played on his intelligence. Boss, this is your third or fourth story. When will you update the former ones?
Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
Divepen: I've not read it.
It's boring.
Aha caught you, you can't know if it's really boring without reading.
Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Divepen: Ahba!
You should have played on his intelligence. Boss, this is your third or fourth story. When will you update the former ones?

I will be doing 3 (GOD HELPING ME)

1.This one
2.Completely Superhuman
3.Boat Rider Commando

thank you

(Exits press conference)
Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
Its so boring I read it words to words while closing ma eyes...Wel Thank God I didnt look at id
Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
ToriEmManson: Its so boring I read it words to words while closing ma eyes...Wel Thank God I didnt look at id
Divepen: Ahba!
ToriEmManson: Its so boring I read it words to words while closing ma eyes...Wel Thank God I didnt look at id

Thank you for ur boring comments.
Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
i know you guys want more boring updates, you will get some tomorrow. my phone dey low b3.
Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 18, 2014
Sorry guys I'm, ending the story so I can focus on one.
Re: Read The Most Boring Story Updates Here by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2014
angry Ending d what?!!...Do u even call dis a story?...abeg u hear kum update or i go sue u n I no d play o undecided

(1) (Reply)

Laura (ii) / My Encounter With The Fake TT Girl / Fall On Me, Fall On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.