Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission - Education (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission (786066 Views)

University Of Lagos UNILAG 2015/2016 Masters Degree Forms 08060777331 / Unilag 2015/2016 Pg/master Degree.prospective Applicants / Unilag 2015/2016 Jambites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (459) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by universal101: 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
IF YOU NEED ONE-ON-ONE PRIVATE TUTORIAL FOR UNILAG DIPLOMA & POSTUTME ENTRANCE EXAM PREPARATIONS CALL OR WHATSAPP

UNIVERSAL EDUCATIONAL SERVICES. FACULTY OF EDUCATION UNILAG

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by labodinho: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ellemuah:

Lol, b4 nko....I actually av above 230, Jz considering others
I knw u spoke frm within.Jst extra prepare cos wen jamb resolve d ish,na extra work for ur 230 o.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
labodinho:
I knw u spoke frm within.Jst extra prepare cos wen jamb resolve d ish,na extra work for ur 230 o.
I know right?? Tnx thou
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by labodinho: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ellemuah:
I know right?? Tnx thou
You're welkm
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by ibadanfinest(m): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
I saw somewhere that jamb spoke person said unilag capacity is 9000 that's why they sent 9000 candidates name to them.
If that's true then post utme is just a formality then.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by labodinho: 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
ibadanfinest:
I saw somewhere that jamb spoke person said unilag capacity is 9000 that's why they sent 9000 candidates name to them.
If that's true then post utme is just a formality then.
Yes but I'm hearing unilag is intervening in the eligibility stuff.Unilag is requesting their candidates back frm jamb so probably monday or tuesday,we should get good outcome.So post utme might be postponed. #Unofficail news frm unofficial source.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Ukel1: 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
Here guys,check this out. I smell a rat underneath. www.nairaland.com/How Jamb Registrar, Dibu Ojerinde defraud UTME candidates/
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Joeself1(m): 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying for now”. This was the response from the JAMB boss Professor Dibu Ojerinde while reacting to the recent uproar over the list of eligible candidates sent to institutions. According To him, the reason behind this new admission policy is to help candidates not only get admission but get it on time. Below are excerpts of the exact words of the JAMB Boss; The big universities are overloaded. Can you imagine 8,000 students seeking for admission to study law in a university that will take only 250 candidates for law! The remaining 7750 candidates will wait endlessly and hopelessly till the end of the admission. Or imagine 7500 candidates seeking for medicine in a university. Of these 7500 candidates, 2000 scored above 250 in the UTME. The university has a carrying capacity of only 150 candidates for medicine. The remaining 7350 who scored above 200 will be wasted. Particularly, 1750 candidates who scored above 250 will be wasted while other universities either do not have enough candidates or high scoring candidates. Courses like Biological Sciences, Agric Engineering and related courses are lacking in candidacy! We are saying, let's give them a feel of chance somewhere else that has not gotten enough candidates by sending the names of these HIGH scorers to "needy" universities. The names of such surplus candidates are being distributed to first Federal institutions, then State and finally Private institutions in that order depending on: • Availability of space in other universities, • Choice of the course of the candidate, • The geographical Zone of the choice of the candidate, and • Performance of the candidate. By this approach, wastage of HIGH scores will be reduced, the fate of the candidates will be determined on time and yet the interest of their areas of study may be satisfied. addition, the concept of selection by • Merit, • Catchment Area, and • Educationally Less Developed States Will be adequately catered for. However, I am not saying that everyone will get admission or even get their original choice of course of study. But it is better than wasting the time, finances, and good scores of these candidates. We need to fill the available spaces as given to us by the regulatory bodies like NUC, NBTE, and NCCE. If, however, a candidate does not want the given opportunity, it is too "baaaad". This scenario was made clear to the institutions during the Policy meeting that took place on 14th July this year in Abuja. Before the Policy meeting, we had discussions with the representatives of the Federal, State, and Private universities where the degree of the problems of candidates were presented and solutions were proffered. These decisions were backed up by copious statistics of applications to various universities. Again “Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying" I believe that some so- called educational consultants have some hidden agenda which are being thwarted by our proactive steps. Let them know that this is a period of CHANGE. If they do not CHANGE they will be changed
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Joeself1(m): 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying for now”. This was the response from the JAMB boss Professor Dibu Ojerinde while reacting to the recent uproar over the list of eligible candidates sent to institutions. According To him, the reason behind this new admission policy is to help candidates not only get admission but get it on time. Below are excerpts of the exact words of the JAMB Boss; The big universities are overloaded. Can you imagine 8,000 students seeking for admission to study law in a university that will take only 250 candidates for law! The remaining 7750 candidates will wait endlessly and hopelessly till the end of the admission. Or imagine 7500 candidates seeking for medicine in a university. Of these 7500 candidates, 2000 scored above 250 in the UTME. The university has a carrying capacity of only 150 candidates for medicine. The remaining 7350 who scored above 200 will be wasted. Particularly, 1750 candidates who scored above 250 will be wasted while other universities either do not have enough candidates or high scoring candidates. Courses like Biological Sciences, Agric Engineering and related courses are lacking in candidacy! We are saying, let's give them a feel of chance somewhere else that has not gotten enough candidates by sending the names of these HIGH scorers to "needy" universities. The names of such surplus candidates are being distributed to first Federal institutions, then State and finally Private institutions in that order depending on: • Availability of space in other universities, • Choice of the course of the candidate, • The geographical Zone of the choice of the candidate, and • Performance of the candidate. By this approach, wastage of HIGH scores will be reduced, the fate of the candidates will be determined on time and yet the interest of their areas of study may be satisfied. addition, the concept of selection by • Merit, • Catchment Area, and • Educationally Less Developed States Will be adequately catered for. However, I am not saying that everyone will get admission or even get their original choice of course of study. But it is better than wasting the time, finances, and good scores of these candidates. We need to fill the available spaces as given to us by the regulatory bodies like NUC, NBTE, and NCCE. If, however, a candidate does not want the given opportunity, it is too "baaaad". This scenario was made clear to the institutions during the Policy meeting that took place on 14th July this year in Abuja. Before the Policy meeting, we had discussions with the representatives of the Federal, State, and Private universities where the degree of the problems of candidates were presented and solutions were proffered. These decisions were backed up by copious statistics of applications to various universities. Again “Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying" I believe that some so- called educational consultants have some hidden agenda which are being thwarted by our proactive steps. Let them know that this is a period of CHANGE. If they do not CHANGE they will be changed
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Elxandre(m): 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
FrancisTony:

Not only them.
Thanks.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by liztop2012(f): 3:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Raphael9:
hello am also an aspirant of pharmacology 242 wud u mind adding me on whatsapp 08083496076
av done dat
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by eliyoung22: 4:44am On Jul 26, 2015
shollarey:
Can someone tell me where unilag distance learning institute is and how to get there from berger
my name is ElisHa aspirant of unilag, business administration. Pls add me to the whatsapp group cHat. Thanks! 08096524452
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Mheesa(f): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2015
Is there anyone going for pharmacy and is eligible.?
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2015
Joeself1:
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they are
saying for now”. This was the response from the JAMB
boss Professor Dibu Ojerinde while reacting to the recent
uproar over the list of eligible candidates sent to
institutions.
According To him, the reason behind this new admission
policy is to help candidates not only get admission but
get it on time.
Below are excerpts of the exact words of the JAMB
Boss;
The big universities are overloaded. Can you imagine
8,000 students seeking for admission to study law in a
university that will take only 250 candidates for law!
The remaining 7750 candidates will wait endlessly and
hopelessly till the end of the admission.
Or imagine 7500 candidates seeking for medicine in a
university. Of these 7500 candidates, 2000 scored above
250 in the UTME. The university has a carrying capacity
of only 150 candidates for medicine. The remaining
7350 who scored above 200 will be wasted. Particularly,
1750 candidates who scored above 250 will be wasted
while other universities either do not have enough
candidates or high scoring candidates.
Courses like Biological Sciences, Agric Engineering and
related courses are lacking in candidacy!
We are saying, let's give them a feel of chance
somewhere else that has not gotten enough candidates
by sending the names of these HIGH scorers to "needy"
universities.
The names of such surplus candidates are being
distributed to first Federal institutions, then State and
finally Private institutions in that order depending on:
• Availability of space in other universities,
• Choice of the course of the candidate,
• The geographical Zone of the choice of the candidate,
and
• Performance of the candidate.
By this approach, wastage of HIGH scores will be
reduced, the fate of the candidates will be determined
on time and yet the interest of their areas of study may
be satisfied.
addition, the concept of selection by
• Merit,
• Catchment Area, and
• Educationally Less Developed States
Will be adequately catered for.
However, I am not saying that everyone will get
admission or even get their original choice of course of
study. But it is better than wasting the time, finances,
and good scores of these candidates. We need to fill the
available spaces as given to us by the regulatory bodies
like NUC, NBTE, and NCCE.
If, however, a candidate does not want the given
opportunity, it is too "baaaad".
This scenario was made clear to the institutions during
the Policy meeting that took place on 14th July this
year in Abuja.
Before the Policy meeting, we had discussions with the
representatives of the Federal, State, and Private
universities where the degree of the problems of
candidates were presented and solutions were proffered.
These decisions were backed up by copious statistics of
applications to various universities.
Again “Father forgive them, for they know not what they
are saying"
I believe that some so- called educational consultants
have some hidden agenda which are being thwarted by
our proactive steps. Let them know that this is a period
of CHANGE. If they do not CHANGE they will be changed

But, isn't it supposed to be about choice?
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2015
labodinho:
You're welkm
Pls, can u add me to d group chat or who is in charge of dat??
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 26, 2015
DrAsiko:

u mindin guy?? he is eligible, dts y
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by ibadanfinest(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2015
Barring the timing of the execution of the policy, I don't think its that bad.
Jamb is that body that set cut off marks for schools right from time. What took that power from them was the integrity lacking in the conduct of its exam ( too much runz). With the introduction of CBT the integrity problem can be said to have been reduced to a large extent it therefore mean that the schools will have less say, in fact I for see the cancelation of post utme.
Some may argue that its a matter of choice, but for example over 8000 chose MBBS in UI as at January when I checked. UI has a carrying capacity of 200, it therefore means it will take 40 years for them to be able to train the over 8000.
I think we should all know that we can not all be doctors, lawyers, economist.
The timing may be wrong but its not at all a bad policy.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by labodinho: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2015
Ellemuah:

Pls, can u add me to d group chat or who is in charge of dat??
so many whatsapp grup flying round d thread.I'm nt in charge of any.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Joeself1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
DrAsiko:

I wonder ooo,what if they now transfer a candidate to where he or she doesn't like
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Joeself1(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ellemuah:
u mindin guy?? he is eligible, dts y
bae,I only quoted what dibu said,I ain't the one that said that ooo
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by joebab1: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
where e go bad na if dem carry person go north, only to go there sef na journey

Joeself1:

I wonder ooo,what if they now transfer a candidate to where he or she doesn't like
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by joebab1: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
buh r u eligible??

Joeself1:

bae,I only quoted what dibu said,I ain't the one that said that ooo
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Joeself1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
joebab1:
buh r u eligible??
yh,I'm eligible
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Joeself1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
joebab1:
where e go bad na if dem carry person go north, only to go there sef na journey

that's what they don't knw,I even suggest they should scrap jamb sef,make skuls dey conduct entrance exams themselves
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
ibadanfinest:
Barring the timing of the execution of the policy, I don't think its that bad.
Jamb is that body that set cut off marks for schools right from time. What took that power from them was the integrity lacking in the conduct of its exam ( too much runz). With the introduction of CBT the integrity problem can be said to have been reduced to a large extent it therefore mean that the schools will have less say, in fact I for see the cancelation of post utme.
Some may argue that its a matter of choice, but for example over 8000 chose MBBS in UI as at January when I checked. UI has a carrying capacity of 200, it therefore means it will take 40 years for them to be able to train the over 8000.
I think we should all know that we can not all be doctors, lawyers, economist.
The timing may be wrong but its not at all a bad policy.

However you decide to say it, it still is a matter of choice. If I decide to write JAMB over and again for 40 years because I want to be a doctor and I foolishly think I have all the time in the world to waste, it's still my choice. Inasmuch as they want to help, they can't impose a school/course on me, it's not right. I have as much right as any other candidate to compete for a slot in the school. If I don't get it, my business. Come to think of it, the so-called private schools they want to send me to, are their tuition fees free of charge? Are they going to pay for me? Then the timing, totally wrong. I see that they may be trying to help, but this is not the right way to go about it.
This is my opinion, I'm entitled to it.

3 Likes

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
Joeself1:

that's what they don't knw,I even suggest they should scrap jamb sef,make skuls dey conduct entrance exams themselves
so that admission would be automatic ... when someone has a relative working there abi ??

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by joebab1: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
No wonder u are trying to discourage the ineligible ones wit ur post

Joeself1:

yh,I'm eligible
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by joebab1: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
the whole story is rubbish, y will they even choose university for you? it doesnt make sense at all, jamb always exploit aspirants every year, that is why they stopped the second choice thing....since 2012 theyve been bringing out options to steal and deny students of gaining admission.. from scraping of second choice so they can have many stud to register d next year, to MASS failure and now dis dirty story

DrAsiko:

However you decide to say it, it still is a matter of choice. If I decide to write JAMB over and again for 40 years because I want to be a doctor and I foolishly think I have all the time in the world to waste, it's still my choice. Inasmuch as they want to help, they can't impose a school/course on me, it's not right. I have as much right as any other candidate to compete for a slot in the school. If I don't get it, my business. Come to think of it, the so-called private schools they want to send me to, are their tuition fees free of charge? Are they going to pay for me? Then the timing, totally wrong. I see that they may be trying to help, but this is not the right way to go about it.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Toni360(m): 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Unilag sociology 229,,,please add to the group chat 07062826563
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by quadri80: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dibu has Gud points, but I totally disagree with d time he is executing dem...this should have bin from d outset not at this point wen majority av prepared for d exam, waiting for d form to b out .... only to formulate new policy ...
I don't expect him to migrate candidate to private uni wen not that dey are giving dem scholarship ... how many pipu can afford d so-called private uni? dibu need know that education is a RIGHT not PRIVILEGE ...may God help us all-----
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by kiddie(m): 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
Seeing unilag ranting nonsense and sharing flyers abt this eligibility stuffs shows that they have something to gain all of them are THIEFS!!!! I pity some students and I just don't know why
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by ibadanfinest(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
DrAsiko:

You have the right to compete truly, but only thru jamb exam. If they had waited till next jamb to do this, do you know they will be absolutely right. Post utme is not constitutional, many may not like this but that's the truth. Why would UI invite 8000 candidates when it can only admit at most 200. My cousin is affected, she scored 204 gunning for law, but seriously 204 is too low for law that's the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (459) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.