Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission - Education (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission (787345 Views)

University Of Lagos UNILAG 2015/2016 Masters Degree Forms 08060777331 / Unilag 2015/2016 Pg/master Degree.prospective Applicants / Unilag 2015/2016 Jambites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (459) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by kiddie(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
ibadanfinest:

You have the right to compete truly, but only thru jamb exam. If they had waited till next jamb to do this, do you know they will be absolutely right. Post utme is not constitutional, many may not like this but that's the truth. Why would UI invite 8000 candidates when it can only admit at most 200. My cousin is affected, she scored 204 gunning for law, but seriously 204 is too low for law that's the truth.
Unilag even went to the extent of advising us nt to buy putme form
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
ibadanfinest:

You have the right to compete truly, but only thru jamb exam. If they had waited till next jamb to do this, do you know they will be absolutely right. Post utme is not constitutional, many may not like this but that's the truth. Why would UI invite 8000 candidates when it can only admit at most 200. My cousin is affected, she scored 204 gunning for law, but seriously 204 is too low for law that's the truth.
Take a chill pill.
A friend had 206 for Medicine and Surgery in JAMB and chose UI, he went ahead in P.UTME to score 79.
When cutoff was brought down to 79 from 80 during 2nd list, he was admitted whereas I know someone with 250 and didn't make merit list for sociology(he wasn't admitted at all)

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

Take a chill pill.
A friend had 206 for Medicine and Surgery in JAMB and chose UI, he went ahead in P.UTME to score 79.
When cutoff was brought down to 79 from 80 during 2nd list, he was admitted whereas I know someone with 250 and didn't make merit list for sociology(he wasn't admitted at all)
Exactly, jamb is not a test of intelligence at all
@ibadanfinest
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by mayorjosh(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
I'm.just confused about this whole issue
I had 226 going for law in unilag but I'm not eligible

Assuming we had known atleast a month ago it would have been better now change of institution is closed,all schools are writing or have written their postjamb so there's no way I can apply

I don't even know my new school.THIS SHI*T IS F*UCKED UP
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Umartins1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

Take a chill pill.

That time, UI did not give any significance to Jamb score.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Umartins1:

That time, UI did not give any significance to Jamb score.
What about the story Labodinho shared about a guy that had 210 in JAMB last year and applied for Medicine & Surgery, UNILAG and went ahead scoring 35/40 in P.UTME making it 70.00% aggregate and he made merit list. undecided

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Umartins1(m): 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

What about the story Labodinho shared about a guy that had 210 in JAMB last year and applied for Medicine & Surgery, UNILAG and went ahead scoring 35/40 in P.UTME making it 70.00% aggregate and he made merit list. undecided

Very rare case, bro. Very, very rare case.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by ariyibiyomi: 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

that was because they was a mass failure in jamb last year, if it has been this year, am sure the guy cant make the merit list with dt 35/40 and 70%, cus the cutoff mark cant be 70, where guys are having 280+, 290+, let be realistic, those with 240+,250+ have a slim chance

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
ariyibiyomi:
that was because they was a mass failure in jamb last year, if it has been this year, am sure the guy cant make the merit list with dt 35/40 and 70%, cus the cutoff mark cant be 70, where guys are having 280+, 290+, let be realistic, those with 240+,250+ have a slim chance
Keep telling yourself that.
Jamb shortlisted 9,000candidates for UNILAG this year and 16,000+ wrote UNILAG P.UTME last year and he still made it.

Assuming JAMB shortshortlisted up to 16,000, you think 230+ won't make it for Medicine and Surgery.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Beautywize(f): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
pls guys add me 2 d whatsapp group chat 08029641463
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by ibadanfinest(m): 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

Take a chill pill.
Do you know how UI set its post utme, I live inside there for years and I tell u it is from jamb past questions.
I scored 184 in my first jamb and I was red hot, his 204 might be as a result of him maybe wasting time on English comprehension or trying to solve one maths which took his time and which he corrected during post jamb . That was what happened to me in my first jamb.
If u say jamb is not a test of knowledge then UI post jamb isn't as well.
And for the 250 guy, we both know UI doesn't care about your jamb score. It has no weight, even 320 and 200 have equal chance.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Youngsage: 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
ariyibiyomi:
Lol.
Like @FrancisTony was trying to point out earlier which I agree, JAMB as an ex am body has lost its credibility a long time ago. Forget about CBT or what have you, it's all crap (I know what I'm saying bro), as a matter of fact.
You see, the truth of the matter is, taking Unilag for example, majority of those who often gain admission on MERIT are those whose scores range between 200 to say, 250. (I personally know at least 4 of the top 10 on the merit list, for MBBS last year), and like only one of them scored 250, the rest 22* to 2 thirty something. But they all blasted the postutme exam, obviously!

This whole new policy wasn't well thought about, to me.
Everyone should still be given a level playing ground like they have always been doing, after all, even if its 200 students an institution can take out of 9000 applicants, they can still arrive at that. All they need to do is to select them based on the cut off marks and their performances, after the post utme exams that is. Isn't that the method they've been using??
Majority of the 'ineligible' students might even be better academically than the others. I'm not trying to encourage mediocrity here or say that 'average' students shouldn't work hard for excellence, but the
truth of the matter is that in Nigeria of Today, Jamb/UTMe scores (forget the CBT of a thing) cannot be said to be a true reflection of one's academic ability or one's actual performance during the exams itself, (there are exceptions to this though).. (Though the Jamb CBT exams is still the best method to eradicate any malpractices both on the part of the candidates and JAMB itself, it still has a long way to go...)

Or isn't that the reason the POstUTme exams were initiated in the first place??

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by TCliff: 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Youngsage:

Lol.
Like @FrancisTony was trying to point out earlier which I agree, JAMB as an ex am body has lost its credibility a long time ago. Forget about CBT or what have you, it's all crap (I know what I'm saying bro), as a matter of fact.
You see, the truth of the matter is, taking Unilag for example, majority of those who often gain admission on MERIT are those whose scores range between 200 to say, 250. (I personally know at least 4 of the top 10 on the merit list, for MBBS last year), and like only one of them scored 250, the rest 22* to 2 thirty something. But they all blasted the postutme exam, obviously!

Everyone should still be given a level playing ground like they have always been doing, after all, even if its 200 students an institution can take out of 9000 applicants, they can still arrive at that. All they need to do is to select them based on the cut off marks and their performances, after the post utme exams that is. Isn't that the method they've been using??
Majority of the 'ineligible' students might even be better academically than the others. I'm not trying to encourage mediocrity here or say that 'average' students shouldn't work hard for excellence, but the
truth of the matter is that in Nigeria of Today, Jamb/UTMe scores (forget the CBT of a thing) cannot be said to be a true reflection of one's academic ability or one's actual performance during the exams itself, (there are exceptions to this though).. (Though the Jamb CBT exams is still the best method to eradicate any malpractices both on the part of the candidates and JAMB itself, it still has a long way to go...)

NYC one dere
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by ibadanfinest(m): 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Youngsage:

Lol.

Are u kidding me. Yes jamb has lost its credibility but this has been reduced with the introduction of CBT not eliminated though.
As for unilag MBBS, Unilag post jamb isn't the best at all. As a medical student, u are most concerned with Phy chem bio, what's their biz with maths and general paper. You think the current crop of MBBS are the best we could have gotten, u are extremely wrong. It not my opinion, its the fact. You wanna study English or Law, and maths is compulsory for post jamb.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Youngsage: 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
labodinho:
Yes but I'm hearing unilag is intervening in the eligibility stuff.Unilag is requesting their candidates back frm jamb so probably monday or tuesday,we should get good outcome.So post utme might be postponed. #Unofficail news frm unofficial source.
Lol @ #Unofficial news... Heard it too. Hope it becomes official soon though....
Then maybe other schls will follow suite. This whole eligibility ish doesn't make sense now, a thousand and one things are wrong with tha policy.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by ariyibiyomi: 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Youngsage:

Lol.

u guys dont understand me, u keeping refering to last yr, which i said that those guys were lucky cus der was mass failure, unilag recorded the lowest number of candidates for putme last yrs ever since putme started, cus of d failure in jamb, in 2011 where candidates blasted jamb, over 2500 candidates score 300+, none of those btw 200-260 make d merit list for medicine and surgery that yr (got a witness), cus of the outrageous mark score by some candidates in jamb, infact the cutoff mark in 2011 was 76%, a candidate with 230 in jamb need to score 38/40 in putme to make that 76%, which make such a candidate chances very slim
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Youngsage: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
ibadanfinest:

Are u kidding me. Yes jamb has lost its credibility but this has been reduced with the introduction of CBT not eliminated though.
As for unilag MBBS, Unilag post jamb isn't the best at all. As a medical student, u are most concerned with Phy chem bio, what's their biz with maths and general paper. You think the current crop of MBBS are the best we could have gotten, u are extremely wrong. It not my opinion, its the fact. You wanna study English or Law, and maths is compulsory for post jamb.
Same point i'm tryna make here man! See, OK, still using MBBS as our reference point, let's assume this case:
A student, an average one perhaps, happens to score 270 in jamb, (due to hard work or sheer luck) and another student, a brighter one scores 220 for whatsoever reason, (Probably error on the student's part or from the exam body itself).
Now note that math is not one of the jamb subjects for MBBS students.
Both students proceed to the post utme, and the former, with higher jamb scores (270) manages to score 55%, but the other gets a whooping 80%!

Hope you get what I'm driving at fully now?!

Left to JAMB, the poor guy with the 80% score will not be eligible to write the exam in the first place. Sadly.

Well... @the bolded, I don't think that should be a problem at all. That is why it's an entrance exam, isn't it? Unilag just has to reduce the number of applicants to the barest minimum and that is a good way of doing that. At least the method has been working fine? Instead of giving each applicant same UTMe subjects. It is now left to the applicant to buckle down, prepare for it, since that is his/her choice.
But After all they all did math and English in the o levels, didn't they? Lol.

It's a different thing entirely if you're advocating the SAmE questions per examination day for putme in those three subjects...
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Youngsage: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
ariyibiyomi:
u guys dont understand me, u keeping refering to last yr, which i said that those guys were lucky cus der was mass failure, unilag recorded the lowest number of candidates for putme last yrs ever since putme started, cus of d failure in jamb, in 2011 where candidates blasted jamb, over 2500 candidates score 300+, none of those btw 200-260 make d merit list for medicine and surgery that yr (got a witness), cus of the outrageous mark score by some candidates in jamb, infact the cutoff mark in 2011 was 76%, a candidate with 230 in jamb need to score 38/40 in putme to make that 76%, which make such a candidate chances very slim
hmmm.. True talk! I remember that 2011 year. Not only medicine sef, most courses. A lotta pple had to do CoC.
I get your point very well, I understand you perfectly. but you see ehn, that 2011 was like that because most of those with high Jamb scores also did very well in putme! Imagine someone with a score as high as 285 also, would have needed to score about 32 out of 40 to get that same 76%. So assuming majority of those with high scores that year didn't do very well in putme, definitely the cutoff wouldn't have been that high, and people with lower scores like that 230, who then did well in the putme would have had greater chances.

But the fact remained that everyone (above 200, yes) still had the opportunity to write that putme. After all, the cutoffs were determined based on the overall performances in the putme.

I hear Unilag/Jamb might still reverse this whole eligibility ish though??
Let's await the outcome.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by ibadanfinest(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
Youngsage:

Same point i'm tryna make here man! See, OK, still using MBBS as our reference point, let's assume this case:
A student, an average one perhaps, happens to score 270 in jamb, (due to hard work or sheer luck) and another student, a brighter one scores 220 for whatsoever reason, (Probably error on the student's part or from the exam body itself).
Now note that math is not one of the jamb subjects for MBBS students.
Both students proceed to the post utme, and the former, with higher jamb scores (270) manages to score 55%, but the other gets a whooping 80%!

Hope you get what I'm driving at fully now?!

Left to JAMB, the poor guy with the 80% score will not be eligible to write the exam in the first place. Sadly.

Well... @the bolded, I don't think that should be a problem at all. That is why it's an entrance exam, isn't it? Unilag just has to reduce the number of applicants to the barest minimum and that is a good way of doing that. At least the method has been working fine? Instead of giving each applicant same UTMe subjects. It is now left to the applicant to buckle down, prepare for it, since that is his/her choice.
But After all they all did math and English in the o levels, didn't they? Lol.

It's a different thing entirely if you're advocating the SAmE questions per examination day for putme in those three subjects...
TAH, Post jamb is designed for u to defend your score, nothing more nothing less. The argument was that jamb has been compromised and candidates should defend their score at the level of post jamb. If I score 280 with eng Phy chem bio, and u r asking me to defend that by testing my knowledge on maths eng and general paper, bros shey that one make sense.
Bottom line is you can score 280 in jamb and score 20 in unilag putme, and another person score a lesser score in jamb and soar in putme. The better student here will most likely be the one with high jamb score because jamb is relatively better when it comes to test of knowledge than unilag putme.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by labodinho: 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wow! You guyz have said a lot.I wish Dibu can read this or errm,u guyz shuld write ur petitions and submit to court tomorrow.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by joviegghead: 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
i just wanna ask,How many candidates are unilag going to admit this year?
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
ibadanfinest:

TAH, Post jamb is designed for u to defend your score, nothing more nothing less. The argument was that jamb has been compromised and candidates should defend their score at the level of post jamb. If I score 280 with eng Phy chem bio, and u r asking me to defend that by testing my knowledge on maths eng and general paper, bros shey that one make sense.
Bottom line is you can score 280 in jamb and score 20 in unilag putme, and another person score a lesser score in jamb and soar in putme. The better student here will most likely be the one with high jamb score because jamb is relatively better when it comes to test of knowledge than unilag putme.
Fact, all the applicants didn't answer the same question during JAMB & JAMB still went ahead to dub questions from series when crammers have already crammed it.
You can't give the same LAW student in any school different questions and grade them same.

By the way, Dibu used catchment and ELDS to shortlist because I have a friend with 243 for Mass communication who didn't make it whereas 214 for the same course and from Ekiti state made it. SMH
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Deme98(m): 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
joviegghead:
i just wanna ask,How many candidates are unilag going to admit this year?

maybe 8000+ .... cos they said they av d facilities to accommodate 9937 eligible applicants
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by beejayodus(m): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
I have successfully registered for the Post-Utme exam. I need a good Whatsapp group where I can get to meet fellow Law applicants. Add me up on 08189610258
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by simdam500(m): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
labodinho: Wow! You guyz have said a lot.I wish Dibu can read this or errm,u guyz shuld write ur petitions and submit to court tomorrow.

Tomorrow? I thought it was last Friday shocked
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
I am sure many uninformed ineligible applicants must have bought their forms without checking eligibity.
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
FrancisTony:
I am sure many uninformed ineligible applicants must have bought their forms without checking eligibity.

Nope .. Not even possible
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by labodinho: 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
News from Dibu.Don't know aw true it is sha. .com/see-what-jamb-placed-as-unilag-cutoff-mark-for-2015-post-utme-unbelievable/
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by labodinho: 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
simdam500:

Tomorrow? I thought it was last Friday shocked
was kidding
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by LoriaX: 11:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
Pls i have got a question, my jamb combo for mass com is eng, literature, govt, econs and i have maths, eng, literature, econs, crk in my olevels, is my jamb combo and the o/levels alright?
cc labodinho
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 27, 2015
Beautywize:
pls does any1 knw d outcome of wah apund in court....

This is what I found...

PROSPECTIVE UNILAG STUDENTS SUE JAMB, UNILAG VC

Aspiring students protesting ‎against the alleged plan by the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, to stop them from writing entrance examination into the University of Lagos for this year’s admission have sued the exam body and UNILAG vice chancellor, Prof Rahmon Bello.

The placard-carrying students, who came to court in two BRT vehicles, were led by their counsel, Dr. Kayode Idowu and Mr. Alex Ogedengbe.

The nine plaintiffs, with their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations scores are Kofoworola Olukanmi with 235 marks; Mojisola Sholola, 247 marks; Mojisola Ajetunmobi, 239 marks; Ayomide Olajide, 228 marks; Joseph Omotosho, 247 marks.

Others are Olabimpe Oladipupo, 228 marks; Chijioke Nwachukwu, 233 marks; Saviour Echedom, 235 marks and Adebola Ekungomi, 223 marks. Their ex parte application marked FHC/L/CS/1135/2015 could however not be heard yesterday as it has not been assigned to any of the vacation judges.

The nine students are seeking an order prohibiting the removal of their names from the list of candidates eligible to sit for the 2015 UNILAG’s post-UTME scheduled for August 12 and 13. They are also seeking the leave of the court to apply for an order of mandamus to compel UNILAG and its VC to sell the post-UTME forms to them so they could sit for the exams.

In a 22-paragraph affidavit of urgency filed in support of the ex parte application, the students explained that they bought the UTME forms and sat for the exams on March 14 on the published condition that if they scored 180 marks and above they would be eligible to sit for UNILAG’s post-UTME.

They, however, alleged that few days to the commencement of the sale of post-UTME forms for UNILAG, their names were removed from the list of eligible candidates by JAMB and its Registrar, Ojerinde. They averred that following the decision of JAMB to remove their names from the list, UNILAG had refused to sell post-UTME forms to them, a situation, which they claimed, would deprive them the right to compete for admission in the university of their choice.

They also accused JAMB and Ojerinde of forwarding their names to private universities as against their wish. They averred that the media had also reported Ojerinde to have directed that names of any student who scored below 250 marks should be forwarded to private universities.

They averred that a pre-litigation letter written by their counsel to JAMB and UNILAG on July 16 to rescind the decision was ignored. They further averred that their attempt to serve notices on JAMB and UNILAG in their offices were resisted and they were prevented entrance.

This refusal to allow them entrance into the Registrar’s Office, University of Lagos, according to them, was what led to an open peaceful protest at the Amphi Theatre of the Students’ Union Building on Wednesday, July 22, 2015.

The students, who said that they were running against time, said they had decided to come to court because “it would be unreasonable to continue to wait for the unwilling respondents, whose press releases and public responses on the matter have not shown any inkling of seriousness in addressing the appeal and the fact that time is of the essence.”
Re: Unilag 2015/2016 Admission by labodinho: 2:50am On Jul 27, 2015
LoriaX:
Pls i have got a question, my jamb combo for mass com is eng, literature, govt, econs and i have maths, eng, literature, econs, crk in my olevels, is my jamb combo and the o/levels alright?
cc labodinho
Your O level n jamb combo is okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (459) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.