Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

How Do You See This New Website Idea? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do You See This New Website Idea? (1212 Views)

Have You Noticed This New Google Logo On Your Google Now. / Advise On New Website Creation. / Pls Help Review My New Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
uchdollar111: There is this idea that I was discussing with a friend, the idea is to build a an event coverage website where you attend events, write reports of what happened in the event and post in the website, you can also post images and video clips so that anyone who missed the event can have a look of what happened in the event. And also to make it as interactive as possible, say build a forum around it, so that anyone can post reports of an event. Example, say unfortunately you missed an event, maybe your friends wedding, or birthday, or any event, you can inform someone who attended the event, to keep you posted by reporting the event and posting pictures and video clips of the event, then you can view the reports, pictures or videos at your convenient time, in that case, you didn't really miss the event. Or, say you have friends or relatives abroad, and today is your D day, you and I know that there is no way they can attend the event, but with this website, you can report the event, post it on the site, and inform them to search for the title of the occassion then they will be happy, they didn't miss the event.
There are will also be sections for news, sports, tutorials, and general discussion.
Pls NL, how do you see this idea, do you think people will really need this type of website?

Won't be useful for me per see but I can see who others may utilize it.

For example, Ojude Oba in Ijebu Ode. I would love to see streamed media and video, not so much still pictures.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Olyboy16(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
uchdollar111: There is this idea that I was discussing with a friend, the idea is to build a an event coverage website where you attend events, write reports of what happened in the event and post in the website, you can also post images and video clips so that anyone who missed the event can have a look of what happened in the event. And also to make it as interactive as possible, say build a forum around it, so that anyone can post reports of an event. Example, say unfortunately you missed an event, maybe your friends wedding, or birthday, or any event, you can inform someone who attended the event, to keep you posted by reporting the event and posting pictures and video clips of the event, then you can view the reports, pictures or videos at your convenient time, in that case, you didn't really miss the event. Or, say you have friends or relatives abroad, and today is your D day, you and I know that there is no way they can attend the event, but with this website, you can report the event, post it on the site, and inform them to search for the title of the occassion then they will be happy, they didn't miss the event.
There are will also be sections for news, sports, tutorials, and general discussion.
Pls NL, how do you see this idea, do you think people will really need this type of website?
Google hangout, skype, youtube have got all of that covered! With even much more sophistication!!
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Zarama7(f): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Olyboy16:
Google hangout, skype, youtube have got all of that covered! With even much more sophistication!!
Don't discourage him, maybe he has something unique to offer. At least it's better than all the forum ideas we see here
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Olyboy16(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Zarama7:
Don't discourage him, maybe he has something unique to offer. At least it's better than all the forum ideas we see here
Dont encourage young minds to continue chasing fancy dreams that have been invested in, actualised, and infact well known and popularly used just because someone is making money from it.
. Instead appreciate originality! Most of all these duplicated projects cause internet trash lying around at the end of it all when the owner abandons it for anoda wanabe project.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Zarama7(f): 11:00am On Sep 18, 2014
Olyboy16:
Dont encourage young minds to continue chasing fancy dreams that have been invested in, actualised, and infact well known and popularly used just because someone is making money from it.
. Instead appreciate originality! Most of all these duplicated projects cause internet trash lying around at the end of it all when the owner abandons it for anoda wanabe project.
You talk of originality in this modern world and especially in this backwards country? I don't support outright cloning but every idea can be improved. That's why I added something unique to offer. Mind u there was AOL, MySpace and Flickr before Google, Facebook and instagram.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by silemper: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
It's a wonderful idea! If live streaming of sponsored event is also possible.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
@zamara7 thanks for your comments I like ladies venturing into tech @silemper. I also thank you for your review at least, I've not seen a website with these features in one website where your friends can cover events and you can see what happened on the events as if you never missed the event.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
Olyboy16:
Why do I sense anger and fulstration in your reply, mind you I'm someone that's driven by problem solving and not money. I've also checked your blog and found out that you have nothing unique or new to offer.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Olyboy16(m): 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
Zarama7:
You talk of originality in this modern world and especially in this backwards country? I don't support outright cloning but every idea can be improved. That's why I added something unique to offer. Mind u there was AOL, MySpace and Flickr before Google, Facebook and instagram.
you've said it all in this 'backwards country'! A backward country cant afford to let her talents chase another man's already established ideas all in the name of "refining it".
Yes AOL had been before google, but google didnt enter tech market as an email servering company u knw, they came in with an original idea "a locality ranged search engine". Google only saw their audience as good advantage over american based AOL to reach more people and they exploited it!
Also, myspace as at 2003 when it first came was a community of mostly old guys and tech workers, infact, recent trend would even see it as a music fans site sort of. Myspace of then didnt potray the essence of "social", a key thing dat ruined dem then was dia design, facebook got a free to all(mostly college teens) platform and a very basic design.
I dnt nid to tell u dat instagram got to wia it is through facebook via d same publicity method google search used then.
With all said. A "backward country" nids talents that wil solve ha societal problems, add to her values and not rob her youths of unecessary quality time and money.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
But do you think organizers of an event will want to pay for someone to cover their event and post it on a website so that those that couldn't make it to the event will see what happened in the event? how do you see live event streaming?
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Olyboy16(m): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
uchdollar111:
Why do I sense anger and fulstration in your reply, mind you I'm someone that's driven by problem solving and not money. I've also checked your blog and found out that you have nothing unique or new to offer.
bro, i'm not in any way angry. I'm perfectly ok with ur idea.
And mind you, like d instances i gave in my last post, i'am not against rebranding, but you only rebrand a brand when that brand is not capable of producing the quality you think you can! In that sense it means you can be better which in dis case, i doubt. Take for instance, i wake up one day, and meet you as my fellow programmer and a friend to tell you that i want to create a new search engine like google wnt you think i'm being a bit over the edge and wasting precious time? I mean, lets be rational! Forget that sentiment! Lets be logical here. In nigeria of today, do we have good internet service? (Why dnt u tackle dat first?)
Also streaming live events can be as easy as a button click with skype on my small android 3.2 smartphone!! Infact i could create a page on google hangout dedicated to live streaming of popular nigerian events alone! Wat more, i'm sure my data is secure because its google or microsoft taking care of it!
A blog my friend, is an online diary! Its not meant to be "unique". Its an online personal space where you show the world the things you love most, do best, and much more. I dint label d blog link to be "unique" pls.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Zarama7(f): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
Olyboy16:
you've said it all in this 'backwards country'! A backward country cant afford to let her talents chase another man's already established ideas all in the name of "refining it".
Yes AOL had been before google, but google didnt enter tech market as an email servering company u knw, they came in with an original idea "a locality ranged search engine". Google only saw their audience as good advantage over american based AOL to reach more people and they exploited it!
Also, myspace as at 2003 when it first came was a community of mostly old guys and tech workers, infact, recent trend would even see it as a music fans site sort of. Myspace of then didnt potray the essence of "social", a key thing dat ruined dem then was dia design, facebook got a free to all(mostly college teens) platform and a very basic design.
I dnt nid to tell u dat instagram got to wia it is through facebook via d same publicity method google search used then.
With all said. A "backward country" nids talents that wil solve ha societal problems, add to her values and not rob her youths of unecessary quality time and money.
Facebook wouldn't have paid a billion dollars for a company that was not already somewhere then, if anything they reduced the growth. What I'm trying to say is that there's nothing like new idea in this modern world, what you get is just new implementation of something that already exist. And the country's societal problems are not just unique to the country, it everywhere. And about robbing the youths, this is a capitalist society brother, everybody that's making it is robbing someone of time and money
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Olyboy16:
In nigeria of today, do we have good internet service? (Why dnt u tackle dat first?)
Bro hw can I as an individual tackle internet service problem in Nigeria? am I the federal government or am I an ISP. Give me insights, I want to know maybe we can work on this together.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Olyboy16(m): 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
uchdollar111:
Bro hw can I as an individual tackle internet service problem in Nigeria? am I the federal government or am I an ISP. Give me insights, I want to know maybe we can work on this together.
Good! Now you're being mature!
Infact, i had dis idea years back, but after resource analysis, i backed out. Its a bit expensive but very very profitable! The profit beats the expenses by a triple at first two years acording to my analysis
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
Olyboy16:
Infact, i had dis idea years back, but after resource analysis, i backed out. Its a bit expensive but very very profitable! The profit beats the expenses by a triple at first two years acording to my analysis
So, how do we begin how do I get the analysis so that we'll start work asap maybe we can communicate through email.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
Olyboy16:
So, how do we begin work on the project.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Olyboy16(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
uchdollar111:
So, how do we begin how do I get the analysis so that we'll start work asap.
u do realise some "geeks" and "eagles" are patiently watching! 0.8.1.2.1.9.5.5.6.1.2. Whatsapp?
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
ok, I'll add you asap
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by dpuzo: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
I'm currently working on something similar and I don't know if you'll want to work together, if interested let me know
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by Raypawer(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2014

Ride on bro!

but try to come out different, cos if ur nt different, ur not needed!

1 Like

Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by bot101(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
uchdollar111: But do you think organizers of an event will want to pay for someone to cover their event and post it on a website so that those that couldn't make it to the event will see what happened in the event? how do you see live event streaming?
well they do just that for city people magazine and other similar magazines, this would just be digitizing it, and that's brilliant
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
dpuzo:
I'm currently working on something similar and I don't know if you'll want to work together, if interested let me know
How do we contact each other, I'm interested in working together.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by kaboninc(m): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Uchdollar111

Your project not a bad idea but I see one very strong limitation and that's access to internet data.

About the ISP thing, I actually shared the idea with some of my friends in school but we couldn't continue.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
kaboninc: Uchdollar111
Your project not a bad idea but I see one very strong limitation and that's access to internet data.
About the ISP thing, I actually shared the idea with some of my friends in school but we couldn't continue.
Yea, I knw how I'll take care of that. But why didn't you continue with the ISP stuff?
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by kaboninc(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
uchdollar111:
Yea, I knw how I'll take care of that. But why didn't you continue with the ISP stuff?

Am out of school now. Would have been a great project.
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by dpuzo: 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
uchdollar111:
How do we contact each other, I'm interested in working together.
Are you on bbm or whatsapp?
Re: How Do You See This New Website Idea? by uchdollar111: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
I'm on whatsapp my number 08101309222

(1) (Reply)

New Fruitninja Game / I Am In Need Of Help / Please You Guys Should Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.