Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,719 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Best 12 Cars Of The 2014 New York Auto Show - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best 12 Cars Of The 2014 New York Auto Show (1353 Views)

Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport / Nairaland Auto Show- With Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best 12 Cars Of The 2014 New York Auto Show by RockMaxi: 9:55am On Sep 17, 2014
This Year's Detroit and Geneva auto shows has a number of big concept releases and production debuts, the New York Auto Show still remains one of North America’s premier events. Here are some fantastic first-hand look at some of the highlights and the key designs from the 2014 show.

1.Koenigsegg Agera R
The North American debut of the 1200 hp Swedish supercar was Koenigsegg’s first foray back into the US since the recession. The US$1.6 million Agera R supercar was one of the more extreme and more impressive vehicles at the show. The carbon fiber-saturated car is powered by a handmade Koenigsegg 5 liter V8 bi-turbo that weighs only 197kg complete with flywheel, clutch, dry sump system and Inconel exhaust manifold. The car features superlight Aircore hollow carbon fiber wheels and a top speed of approximately 440 km/h (273mph). Koenigsegg reports the Agera R can throw down performance figures to the tune of 0-300 km/h (186 mph) in 14.53 seconds or brake from 300-0 km/h in only 6.66 sec.

2.Nissan's GTR track monster in NISMO trim Nissan's GTR track monster in NISMO trim

3.Jaguar C-X17 Sports Crossover Concept Jaguar C-X17 Sports Crossover Concept

Note: The picks are based on preference and it is not general.

Source:http://www.gizmag.com/new-york-auto-show-photo-gallery

Re: Best 12 Cars Of The 2014 New York Auto Show by RockMaxi: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2014
4.Corvette Z06 Coupe and Convertible

One of the most anticipated of the North American releases was the Corvette Z06 coupe and convertible. Figures for the newer, faster ‘Vette come in at 625 hp and 635 lb.ft of torque thanks to a supercharged 6.2-liter LT4 V8 that sends power to the wheels via driver’s choice of either a 7-speed manual gearbox or 8 speed autobox. Stylistically the car is even more aggressive thanks to a plethora of functional and aesthetic revisions that make it even more attractive than the standard Corvette in person.[

5.Toyota's radical FT-1 concept Toyota's radical FT-1 concept debuted at the Detroit Auto Show in January but was one of the bigger hits at this week's New York Auto Show

6.Bentley's Speed convertible Bentley's Speed convertible runs a twin-turbocharged 6.0 liter W12 engine that develops 616 hp to the car's AWD system

Re: Best 12 Cars Of The 2014 New York Auto Show by RockMaxi: 10:40am On Sep 17, 2014
7.BMW i8

One of the most anticipated and visually outstanding vehicles of the New York Auto Show has to be BMW’s i8. The i8 is the first plug-in hybrid vehicle from BMW Group and is considered one of its most revolutionary vehicles, regardless of power delivery systems. On display next to its less attractive sibling, the i3, the Protonic Blue i8 features dihedral doors, floating wings that flow off the roofline, a streamlined cabin, sleek hood and flank treatments, and an overall styling presence that frankly makes the rest of the BMW line up look a little dated.
The i8 runs a tiny 1.5 liter 3-cylinder, twin-turbocharged engine that develops 231 hp and 236 lb.ft of torque. That power is sent to the rear wheels via a 6-speed automatic gearbox, whereas a synchronous electric motor, combined with a 2-stage automatic transmission, provides power to the front wheels to the tune of 131 hp and 184 lb.ft of torque. Overall, the i8 is a welcome view into the future of what large scale manufacturers can do with hybrid technology when the design guys and engineers get along.

Re: Best 12 Cars Of The 2014 New York Auto Show by RockMaxi: 10:42am On Sep 17, 2014
8.Nissan Murano
Not quite in the same league as the Koenigsegg or the Corvette, Nissan’s newly unveiled Murano is nonetheless an important new product for the manufacturer. Making its world debut at the NYC Auto Show the new Murano’s styling is more dynamic than its predecessor, showing sculpting treatments similar to that of its stage mate – the Sport Sedan Concept. Under the hood the Murano receives power from Nissan’s established 3.5 liter V-6 that’s good for 260 horsepower and 240 lb.ft of torque. The now lighter Murano gets power to wheels via an Xtronic CVT transmission, while inside the crossover Nissan has done a decent job of tricking out the Murano with what it calls a “social lounge” interior treatment which delivers backseat occupants more leg room, USB ports and heated seats. The new Murano features a new instrument panel with 7 inch high-res Drive-Assist Display, plus the number of audio and navigation switches has been reduced from 25 to 10 for a more user-friendly experience.

Re: Best 12 Cars Of The 2014 New York Auto Show by RockMaxi: 10:50am On Sep 17, 2014
9.BMW Alpina B6 Gran Coupe The US$118,000 BMW Alpina B6 Gran Coupe features a 540 hp 4.4 liter twin-turbo V8, that's good for 198 mph (318 km/h) via an 8-speed automatic gearbox and all-wheel drive powertrain

10.Mercedes-Benz GLA 45 AMG crossover Mercedes-Benz GLA 45 AMG crossover

11.Jaguar's new F-type Coupe Jaguar's new F-type Coupe was also one of the big draws at this year's New York Auto Show

12.BMW's 2015 X4 Crossover BMW's 2015 X4 Crossover made its debut at the New York Auto Show

(1) (Reply)

Kia Optima Vs Toyota Camry / Please Help. My Toyota Camry 1996 Is Having High Starting / The Future Of Autonomous Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.