Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

The Future Of Autonomous Vehicles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Future Of Autonomous Vehicles (1356 Views)

Is This Vehicle Rubber Tyre The Future Of Tyres / This 6 Levels Of Autonomous Driving Explains How Cars Are Taking Over From Human / Volvo Unveils Autonomous Garbage Truck (kolekole) - Photo & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Of Autonomous Vehicles by CastroLubeNg: 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2016
Today’s leading automakers are developing cars that park themselves, brake at the sign of danger and stay in lanes without driver assistance. What once only existed in the imaginations of science fiction writers is now being developed and tested by car-makers in laboratories and on roadways across the globe.

Wonder how the roads in future looks like. There might be no human-driven car passing by you. Yes the future belongs to Autonomous vehicles also known as Uncrewed vehicle, self-driving car or You may simply call it the robotic car, sounds “techy”? Autonomous vehicles sense there surroundings with techniques such as radar, LIDAR and GPS Computer vision. The struggle of making an autonomous car started way back in 1920s and 30s but a truly working model for that appeared in 1980s Mercedes-Benz was a part of that struggle. Since then numerous working prototypes have been developed for autonomous vehicles by some major companies and research institutes.

As partially-autonomous functions in vehicles become more common, the leap to achieving fully driver-less cars becomes ever smaller. Today’s emerging technology — sensors able to read road signs and traffic signals, while also employing vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) systems to navigate roadways, traffic and pedestrian hazards — will be available widespread in the future.

http://ow.ly/N9Bw303NSzY

Re: The Future Of Autonomous Vehicles by sellers4buyers(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
I can't wait to own one, just chilax in the ride, do my browsing, make my calls, sleep under AC while traveling to my village with assurance say another robot no go hit me.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Autonomous Vehicles by CastroLubeNg: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
yeah, that will be cool brow
sellers4buyers:
I can't wait to own one, just chilax in the ride, do my browsing, make my calls, sleep under AC while traveling to my village with assurance say another robot no go hit me.

(1) (Reply)

Help; What Is The Meaning Of This Sign / 2018 Porsche Cayenne Revealed (photos And Details) / How I Was

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.