Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads (838 Views)

I Guess This Is One Of The Reasons My Wife Must Not Be A Stay At Home Mum / Research:Men Talk Three Times Less Than Women! / To Forgive Is Divine: Men Talk Is Cheap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by finessela: 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
If I don’t have to worry about money, I will gladly be a stay-at-home mum. I will have seven children like my mummy and live in a beautiful home by the beach. Do you remember Julia Roberts’ house in Sleeping with the Enemy? The one by the beach? Yes, that’s the one I will live in.

I will have so much fun with my children! I will travel the world with them and keep a mommy blog where I will upload pictures and videos for other mums who will wish they stayed at home too. I will spend my spare time writing, and the remaining spare time volunteering, and designing development programs for charities.

Sadly, I have to worry about money

The argument about if a woman should stay at home or work has been on for decades, but in recent years, it has been kicked aside by a rather more controversial one. “Should men be stay-at-home dads?” More than ever before, more men are opting to stay at home with the kids, they have their reasons but so do people who say it is traditionally wrong for men to do so.

Here are some men’s views about being a stay-at-home dad;

Gozie: Some men want to be more involved in raising their kids, some do it because they can’t afford childcare costs, and so, the person with the smallest income stays at home, and well, in some homes the woman earns more. But for me, I don’t think I can do it.

IK: I can be a stay at home dad, but I have to be doing something else while at it, maybe like running a home business. That can’t be the only thing I do, it will be like I am wasting away.

Demola: I think it’s not biblical, and it doesn’t even sound right culturally too. You should be a provider for your home. I will go out and work, and work and work till I can make enough to take care of my family. If anyone should stay at home, it should be the woman.

Kenny: There is actually nothing wrong with it. Women do it, so why can’t men do it. It doesn’t make them less of a man. I love my children and if I have to stay at home to ensure they get proper attention, then I will. Who pays the bills really shouldn’t matter, as long as they get paid and the kids get taken care of.

Tope: Yes, I can be a stay at home dad. If I am mentally or physically handicapped to work, I can be a stay at home dad. Also, if I can be making my cool millions right there inside my house as I stay with the kids, I will be a stay at home dad. That’s all!

Mike: Gosh! WTF! What on earth is that? That is just so wrong on many levels. Seriously, men should just stop it. It’s ridiculous. Don’t turn the world upside down.

Stephen: So, when I am hanging out with the men and they are all talking about their careers and businesses, what will I be talking about? Diapers and baby food?

Now over to you. Lets hear what you think about this. Do you think more men should embrace this?

copied from www.femmelounge.ng
Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
I can never be a stay-at-home dad angry
It's the biggest bullshyte of the century lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by cococandy(f): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
cheesy lol
Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by dytbabe: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
finessela:
Stephen: So, when I am hanging out with the men and they are all talking about their careers and businesses, what will I be talking about? Diapers and baby food?

This actually got me laughin so hard
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by Godmystrength: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
finessela: Stephen: So, when I am hanging out with the men and they are all talking about their careers and businesses, what will I be talking about? Diapers and baby food?
and so what? what's the big deal? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by Kanwulia: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
I feel exactly the same way some of these men feel!

Tufiakwa to the the thought! kiss

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Most of them show a lot of respect for the work at home. wink
Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by ceejayluv(m): 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Godmystrength: and so what? what's the big deal? grin grin grin grin grin
#ClearsThroat...
Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by Godmystrength: 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
ceejayluv:
#ClearsThroat...
need water?
Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by cooxi: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
Buy high wholesale melamine dinnerware online from meneed.cn
Re: 7 Nigerian Men Talk About Being Stay-at-home Dads by ireneidiva(f): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Can't even be a stay at home mum.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Punishments Were You Given / Making Love Is Not Work It's Pleasure See Proof / Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.