Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

A Bank Contract Staff State Of Confusion? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Bank Contract Staff State Of Confusion? (742 Views)

The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff / What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Bank Contract Staff State Of Confusion? by dudu200: 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
I am damn confused right now. i have been a bank contract staff for some years precisely since 2006 till now, by God grace I have been able to do some good things in life through hard work and discipline, i was able to complete my degree program in university of Nigeria, Nsukka. in computer/statistics. i got married with a kid. my confusion and depressiion is that i am not seen any future in the bank that i am working with recently the bank do some conversion from contract staff to permanent staff but they put age restriction of 26yrs of which i was over 30yrs b4 i joined them as contract staff. i am very good in computer hardware and networking and i am thinking seriously of leaving the banking job to start my own work even if na farming or computing , i am just been confused and need a new ray of hope for my life and my little kid. my take home can not really take me home. ur advice is highly welcomed
Re: A Bank Contract Staff State Of Confusion? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yep,self employment is the new route to take right about now,Glad you done detect the uncertainty in the future so I suggest you begin to prepare for the rain because when it rains,Niqqaz get wet
Re: A Bank Contract Staff State Of Confusion? by solozo72(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
OP, I really do understand how you feel right now, more also I feel your aspirations. What I would advise you to do is as follows:
1. Determine in concrete terms, what you want for yourself. Your wanting to work "even if na farming or computing" is just not good enough. What really do you want to do? Do you want to remain in the banking sector? or move out and farm or do work in in computing? Do you want to seek another employment or be on your own? Just determine what you want and make it concrete...dont be indecisive.
2. Determine your strengths and weaknesses: Are you a good business person? Answer this carefully as experience has shown me that most bank workers are cocooned in the banking world and dont know a thing about business. If you are not, dont venture into business. Are you a risk taker? Have you got any saved-up capital to start business or can you borrow to start business? Two good things you have working for you are that you are young and have a small family, so your zeal to excel should be higher and you dont really have much overhead expenses as such(Thats if you are not the bread winner of your extended family).
3. How have you empowered your wife? Is she working or not? If she aint, get her empowered, fast.
4. Should you decide to disengage and start on your own, make very sure you carry your wife along your whole plan. Ask her to allow you cut down on expenses and responsibilities for a year or two(depending on agreement) and use that time frame to work your self to your bones
OP, Sorry, let me stop here but if you have further questions to ask, do so and Ill help you out as much as I can.

(1) (Reply)

Any First Class Nairalander In The House? / Joke Of The Day For Employees... / See How The Unknown Hands is Helping People Build a Successful Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.