Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,905 members, 7,952,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:15 PM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64900 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ifihear(m): 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
[b]Whats all this rubbish comparison between an EDUCATIVE,INTERACTIVE,ENLIGHTENING,INFORMATIVE forum like Nairaland to a gossip Blog like Linda Ikeji's? What is there to learn from her blog?,can the value visitors get on that blog be compared to what's obtainable on Nairaland? Many of us can boast of the business contacts,business exposure and loads of cash we have made from just FREE POSTING on this forum. I bet many of us log onto Nairaland first thing every morning on connecting to the Internet before we even peruse other websites.
Have we even thought about the membership strength of this forum? If Seun says, for us to view,post or comment on any thread on this forum,we should pay ONLY N100(One hundred Naira) every month as membership fees,I can assure you that over half a million of us would willingly pay that sum(of coz we would consider it a pittance and would not feel a pinch paying it),going by our addiction to this forum. Doing some math,if ONLY 100,000 people decides to pay that amount,that would mean a cool N10m(Ten Million Naira) monthly for that nicca Seun,and of course we all know that almost every member would pay that measly 100bucks just to be active on NL,and we all by now should know how much Bro Seun would be smiling to the bank with every month.
Because Seun does not flaunt himself does not mean he does not have some expensive belongings in his kitty,abi owning a forum this old with this large database na peanuts him dey make? When was the last time 2face now known as 2Baba flaunted his wealth,but we all know that bruva is LOADED...abi Linda get money reach 2Baba? Me,for one and most of my friends and contacts hardly ever visit Linda's blog, most of our hang out discussions coz most times we argue on points raised on NL or discuss business threads posted here. I can't remember when last I visited that blog,its been years so I daresay this comparison is baseless.
Somebody is just trying to be mischievous,trying to pit NL against Linda's blog. Both platforms are of two different divides abegiii!!!

Imagine...a thread that was created 1:45pm has already stretched over 12 pages by 4:30pm and still counting...now talk about trending.[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 50calibre(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
I agree and disagree with certain points raised by the OP. The ones I agree with

- Nairaland has mostly low income bracket users, this is a fact. The comments often reflect this.

- Trivial topics make the front page, this is a growing problem. Nothing wrong in having fun/joke topics on the front page once in a while, but it shouldn't be as excessive as it is right now. The fact is, these trivial topics attract the most traffic, but they're mostly worthless traffic, people of worth hardly visit such threads.

Besides NL has witnessed an influx of empty-headed teenagers who should be out playing with their friends (nothing wrong with being a teenager, after all some teenagers are vast in knowledge) this is particularly evident when you visit some threads/sections, lots of joke threads & comments, it's really a buzzkill

What I disagree on

- NL doesn't need to have a face to be successful, it's traffic speaks for itself. I'm sure not many of us know the owners of Whatsapp, Instagram, Twitter & the likes.

Seun doesn't ... like Linda Ikeji so one can't expect him to market himself like a commodity, it won't work. His product has to bring him into the limelight, not the other way round.

A blog & a forum are two different things, Linda Ikeji's blog is dedicated to celebrity gossip, just like Perez Hilton. It's mostly visited by women looking for the latest celebrity gossip or fashion trend, gossip sells. It's in no way comparable to NL where a wide variety of topics can be discussed.

If there's a site where Nigeria's politicians can visit to gauge public perception of them, which do you think it'll be NL or Linda Ikeji?

Does Linda make all her money from advertising alone? I don think so.

In terms of potential, NL is miles ahead of Linda Ikeji's blog, NL has a wider reach far beyond Nigeria, while Linda's blog mostly a Nigerian thing.

Seun needs to sit back, possibly hire an expert in the field who can help him re-model NL into something efficient, viable & capable of maximising its potential because I looked at NL statistics today & it's mind blowing, 20+ million unique visitors a month is crazy. Surely there must be a way to turn these crazy numbers into crazy money, he's just got to find the how.

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
Well, that shouldn't disturb Seun. Linda and Seun makes MONEY.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Tunby(m): 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
ONE THING I'M GRATEFULL FOR.I CAN ALWAYS FIND HELP OR WHATEVER INFO. ON NAIRALAND.NAIRALAND IS A HUGE BUSINESS WITH ENOUGH PLUGINS FOR IMPROVMENTS.IT'S FAR MORE DYNAMIC AND BALANCED THAN LINDA DEJI.CASE CLOSED
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ibkgab001: 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
Don't mind them both Seun and Linda Ikeja sorry IKeji are in Love ... I tell you every topic about Linda makes front page

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
IYANGBALI: eyaaaa,so how do we help seun now?he has to pay his house rent and children's school fees,I learnt dat he has a set of twins,that's why they call him seun baba ibeji

Post of the year. Seun, can you make this your dp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by sugarboimaxy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
The only point worth considering in all that gibberish is the 'look' part. Actually, I think Nairaland need to up it's look a little bit. Just ma thought tho..
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Neldrizzy: Lolll.. You want 2 see how i look like ?? Hmmmmm ok b4 6pm am gona change ma DP cool cool cool

Erm, I used 'We'(nlders) tongue
Ok we're waiting
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by SilentBang(m): 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
NAIRALAND! Touching lives... Its not all about the money and who says seun doesnt make as much money as linda, if not even more... Or perhaps he should go get himself a 2014 range rover sport too but insist on paying 100m instead of linda's 40m jst to show off, funny! The thing is They are both good at what they do, but one is busy showing off (c.ronaldo) and the other isn't (messi). I see no reason for the debate if u ask me. But i will choose nairaland over the other anyday anytime... The fun here is just on point!.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Alimtoheeb(m): 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
[/sub][sub]who[sub][/sub] is LINDA IKEJI( second)?
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by honygold: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun you too much,your lather will be greater your past,and you will be bless more than you could ask,despite all been said,your best is yet to come and your lather will be greater than your past.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Mavor: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
No offense, but there are lots of truth to what the ad king said. Nairaland hasn't evolved much over the years, especially in terms of aesthetics. I've been a member since 2008 so I can attest to that. Plus Seun Osewa needs to seriously revamp his mod team. We don't want to see Toto Di<ke thread or other petty $hit on front-page every bleeding day!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 1stola: 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Iyemik:

dis got me smiling cheesy

I do prefer forum to blogging becos on blogging platform the owner nd the admin are only ones allowed to create a topic but on forum platform, each members are given the privilege to open topics on tending issues without the admin doing the work alone (nairaland as an example). it depends goal setting, to only make cash like 'linda' or build something that would stand on it own, while busy doing other biz.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
What makes Nairaland unique is its simplicity and open democratization of ideas.........

The owner of Nairaland I guess treasures principles more than profit, which is good in the long run......

Linda buys a car worth N24 million, so what? If that's how u measure success, then you are part of Nigeria's problem, where everything is all about money and less about values.... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Emilliw3m(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
just saw it on naijacnn.com its true
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by chinkichun: 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
op dull sha.

so you had a discussion with just one person from an ad firm (out of the hundreds or thousands we have) and made your conclusion based on that? OLODO!!!

also, nairaland has far more traffic than LIB and i can swear that anyone who visits LIB visits nairaland many times more, so the logic that LIB has more financially buoyant readers doesn't really hold true.

let's forget the teenagers and youths that have an account on nairaland and post and comment silly things, there are some "underground" men of calibre that visits nairaland with or without an account.

that said, i think you're very gullible because from the beginning, you said you were of the opinion that nairaland makes more money. so tomorrow when you have this same discussion with someone who patronizes nairaland, your opinion will automatically change again?

to the moderators, This post on front page is bad for business, very vey bad!!! are you guys working for seun or against him? (una just do free advert for LIB so) you'd be surprised the nagative impact this could have on the forum. see people already complaining about the layout of nairaland cry . i know it's not the best but it's very effective.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ifihear(m): 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
crisycent: It is easy to criticize "free things". The amount of knowledge you get from NL is priceless. Take the property section for example where you have professional builders showing you step by step process of constructing a house and why they choose a particular foundation instead of that with the public criticizing and the builders answering all the questions being asked.

Well, the youths of today are concerned with stupid stories instead of knowledge. Who this artist is dating, who was caught in bed with wizkid, blah, blah, blah. Shame on you if you are being used for traffic on such stupid blog sites. Keep up the good work Seun.

1 billion likes 4 u

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
This poster has said it all- nothing but the absolute truth!!

When u visit nairaland often, u will notice that most of the regular users are young school leavers, fun-seekers, unemployed youths, and students who have no or less spending power. Now, how do u want an advertiser to advertise here when he/she knows he won't get the value for his/her advert investment

Seun needs to do more job, and his moderators too need to up their game.

Nairaland has the potential of becoming the highest earned website in Africa if Seun sits up.

I still believe nairaland will take its place soon.

Linda's case though is beyond hard work, she just got favoured by God...everyone should pray to God for divine favours and that alone will put u above others.

Again, what really placed Linda, nairaland, etc above other good bloggers is early positioning and the fact that Linda was already mingling with entertainment stakeholders b4 venturing into blogging, so she already knew them and they knew her, plus the woman factorgrin

But then, Linda should always dance alingo and praise God daily because its not just by her hard work that she's making it big.

But then, the wealth of information being shared here is also something to commend....but there seems to be more weirdos than well-to-dos, which scares most well-to-dos away, Seun take notegrin
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by egopersonified(f): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Being to LIB twice, ran out becos of its focus on celebrities. But nl teaches, builds and changes your reasoning. And all those saying nl is full of job seekers, etc, can you tell us the type of people who visit LIB, facebook, twitter, etc.

Btw, those calling nairalanders jobless, make una try upgrade the section wey una dey visit. When u are always on romance section viewing how to kiss a girl, your mates are in business, agric, auto, properties and other sections discussing projects worth millions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Tunby(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
ifihear:

1 billion likes 4 u
1 billion more from me.
Spot on!!!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:
Let's not keep over flogging this issue.
Linda makes more money than seun.
A forum is different from a blog and shouldn't be compared in terms of operations

Lmao!

You honestly think spamming gazillion of ads on a page makes you more money, no? For the gazillion of ads on that blog, it's one page view regardless of the number of ads shown per page. How many top-earning websites have gazillion of ads on their homepage? Most don't even have any visible one - and most times when they do, it's probably just one or two.

And nairaland isn't your typical forum, it's a news-portal with a lot of miscellaneous things meet forum - with more potentials than most forums. Let the traffic and the income it generates daily based on proven FACTS be the judge. Not some lousy claims by a duffer.

You probably don't like Seun - and I'm not a big fan of the guy and his methods as well. However, you can't knock his hustle and be oblivious to facts, even when they're staring at you in the face.

Er, a good comparison that will correlate with this one would be to compare huffingtonpost.com to bossip.com. Despite bossip.com having gazillion of ads on it, it will never make as much money as huffingtonpost with the 0 or 1 ad on it (huffingtonpost stopped being a blog time ago, it's a news portal now - while bossip is a blog).
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by yusufu16: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
I know seun will do something

[size=13pt]Join Nigeria's Fastest Growing Online Sports Forum. www.nairagoal.com[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Wallie(m): 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Cons
1. Nairaland seems to be losing steam while Linda Ikeji is gaining.
2. Nairaland's home page is archaic and looks like an internet wasteland.
3. Linda’s blog provides most of the same important topics as Nairaland. Actually, I won’t be surprised at the blog being the more original source of info. It seems people actually duplicate the topics on Linda’s blog on Nairaland.
4. All the tribal crap is a huge turn off. I used to love checking in on Nairaland but now, I first go to Linda’s blog, then to Sahara reporters, and then maybe Nairaland.
5. I rarely check any other page than the home page. If I can’t find anything worth reading then I occasionally check the politics section.

Pros
1. Nairaland seems to be innovating more features.

Recommendation
1. Hire a charismatic CEO. I know this is easier said than done especially in Africa. An Alternative may be to hire a PR/media person that will represent you at events. Either way, someone needs to be out there promoting your website.
2. Do not get embroiled in politics because you’ll end up alienating your some of your clients and posters. You are a business man trying to build Nairaland. Can you imagine if Mark Zuckerberg starts commenting on people’s political post and not being neutral? If you feel the need to participate, create a different moniker/alter ego and comment away.
3. Look at foreign forums that are successful and see if there’s a thing or two that you can learn from them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
ZACHIE: Rubbish
NL is a go-to-resource centre by the serious and academic, Linda is just garbage.

After all the rubbishy hype, NL will get better and stronger down the line, Linda will be dead buried, and forgotten.

And, true, SEUN does not need to thrust his face in your face.

He is who he is, a nerd, a workaholic.....take it or prostrate to a moving a trailer

The best thing I've read on here from Seun was (not word for word) "Leave me alone so I can code", it's so true. He has created the resource, he has admins, he doesn't need to be in our faces everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ceceee(f): 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
I love nairaland.... nairaland is the best and mind you...a forum is different from a blog......everything you need is on nairaland.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Wallie: Cons
1. Nairaland seems to be losing steam while Linda Ikeji is gaining.
2. Nairaland's home page is archaic and looks like an internet wasteland.
3. Linda’s blog provides most of the same important topics as Nairaland. Actually, I won’t be surprised at the blog being the more original source of info. It seems people actually duplicate the topics on Linda’s blog on Nairaland.
4. All the tribal crap is a huge turn off. I used to love checking in on Nairaland but now, I first go to Linda’s blog, then to Sahara reporters, and then maybe Nairaland.
5. I rarely check any other page than the home page. If I can’t find anything worth reading then I occasionally check the politics section.

Pros
1. Nairaland seems to be innovating more features.

Recommendation
1. Hire a charismatic CEO. I know this is easier said than done especially in Africa. An Alternative may be to hire a PR/media person that will represent you at events. Either way, someone needs to be out there promoting your website.
2. Do not get embroiled in politics because you’ll end up alienating your some of your clients and posters. You are a business man trying to build Nairaland. Can you imagine if Mark Zuckerberg starts commenting on people’s political post and not being neutral? If you feel the need to participate, create a different moniker/alter ego and comment away.
3. Look at foreign forums that are successful and see if there’s a thing or two that you can learn from them.

Frankly, I really don't care what Seun does anymore. But if he's looking for suggestions, this is it. Nairaland is terribly below its potential.

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Sparklesebony: 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
The comparism is baseless. One is concered about people while the other is concerned about pocket. How do you compare two people with different vision/mission?

No comparism abeg. Btw, didn't know a person's wealth or success is determined by the things he/she flaunts. Na wah for my generation o.

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ifihear(m): 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
yusufu16: I know seun will do something

[size=13pt]Join Nigeria's Fastest Growing Online Sports Forum. www.nairagoal.com[/size]

Hi..I need the link of this post.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by CaptBarbosa: 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
You don't have to compare nairaland with Linda's blog, all you have to do is compare her with Stella's blog.

Campare this post from Stella's blog http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2014/09/heart-broken-over-and-over-again-blog.html with a typical response you will get from Linda.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by maclatunji: 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:

this is what I have Bern saying here.
There is no need for sentiments.
If u read through lib, u will discover most articles are adverts on their own and they have being paid for.

No be small thing.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by aadoiza: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Believe me or not, that CEO you spoke with don yansh Linda.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Eneze1(f): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
MizMyColi: I must be the only female in Nigeria who doesn't visit LIB.

Me too not only you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Access Bank Acquires Diamond Bank / I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady / More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.