Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64298 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by UNLEASHED(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
Well I think one is a forum and the other is a blog site.

5 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Ikengawo: 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.

A lot of what you said is true

But i disagree with the high/low income thing. Not every company is aiming for high income people. Indomie for example doesn't care, as long as you have kids. Politicians also aim for low income people. There are plenty of uses for low income customers. Otherwise yeah, Nairaland is great but it's not run like a business. The layout has been ugly for a long time and unchanging. The tribal wars are what's driving traffic and the mods know this, but they also kill the brand.

the REAL difference is Linda Ikeja's customers are WOMEN and women are more likely to spend than men. There's a wider range of products that appeal to them and if you look at Linda Ikeja's ads, you'll see that gender is the difference maker. Nairaland needs to start looking at it's self as Africa's facebook or google and striving to compete. It's being run like a blog. It have FAR more potential than Linda Ikeja

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
if seun copy linda.he will not mk it.he shuld av planned ds while startin nl.now nl is congested with ss2 students dat read sexuality section,dat insults an elderly person all in d name of a faceless forum

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Tafee(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
pront pej tins
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by DonaldGenes(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun,iThink it is time to up your game up

I want to suggest that Front page should also carry along Pictures with the Story such that it can attract more people...

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by money121(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Big lie!!!
Am an online marketer for batlanroof
and 90% of my client are from nairaland.com...
Ad i cn remember last yr that one of my topics hit front page on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/1519877/cost-stone-coated-roofing-tile

infact i still dy make the cool cash frm this topic

What i jus see in mr seun behaviour is that na lowkey guy,..

Seun dy make alot money on nairaland...

Linda ikeji na woman now.. What do u xpect..

Power of p*ssy now.. grin

# i love nairaland.com like kilode

20 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by otokx(m): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
OP lies.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by tosenbaba(m): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Believe it or not,he made some sense,even though people might say it's rubbish, I personally wonder....any successful company much have a face to promote and sustain it.NL should try start a course to be well known and Seun should make himself more visible and associate himself more with NL...Seun,pick one or two things from the above and make improvement.

10 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
werin consign me ? i'm building my own internet empire wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by chinedumo(m): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
GreyBlood: The one about the nairaland homepage looking like a piece of sh*t on a desktop is so true. I can't access nairaland on a desktop. It's so bland and tasteless with so many empty spaces, but looks better on mobile.

this is so true. I am happy someone else is mentioning it.

It is only beautiful on mobile.

Seun take this point serious!

I don't beleive that green white green is composry.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by luvbeloved(m): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Be that as it may....we love Nairaland like that biko....am not begging for likes BUT like is u like Nairaland.....

8 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
plz remind me, who is the face of wikipedia?
Smh!! Some people just don't get it. Nairaland is the number 1 site in Nigeria.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Skanas(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seriously I knew Linda 'my breath' Ikeji tru my dear NL (rem the tonto dike damage premier pic she posted) ever since,no day passes me by without taken a dose and overdose of LIB....NL is super cool,but gun to my head,I'would choose LIB anytime anyday.....#loveyouplentyLindaIkeji

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Olaone1: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone:

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.
I disagree!
Mark Zuckerberg is not out there in the public eye. Also, being "out there" does not attract investors. As far as investors are concerned, it is all about the bottom line. Forum business is all about "traffic" and your marketing skills

Moreover, Nairaland homepage does not have trashy topics, what it has is known as variety (forum jargon). Choice!

We can delve into this even further undecided

BTW, Seun is doing fine

20 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Sweetlemon(f): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lol!

I agree. Though addictive. Reading comments here on NL gives visitors the impression that NLers are mostly young broke asssess forming cliques, looking for fun, supremacy, or small money.

Why should people be fighting on irrelevant topics way past midnight? O bu gini? Even if una no get work una no get direction in life? Little kids attacking harmless posters because they believe the topic in question is their territory?

9 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
So in other words nairaland is full of broke people?... this dude hasnt been to the auto section, or property section...... besides what adverts are on Linda's blog?..... most of them are events!!....has he even seen the way her readers scramble for the change she drops for them?....some people sef Ehn.

23 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by IGBOSON1: 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
feruchii: Hmmmmmm

^^^......food for thought!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 9jagirl4re(f): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikengawo:

A lot of what you said is true

But i disagree with the high/low income thing. Not every company is aiming for high income people. Indomie for example doesn't care, as long as you have kids. Politicians also aim for low income people. There are plenty of uses for low income customers. Otherwise yeah, Nairaland is great but it's not run like a business. The layout has been ugly for a long time and unchanging. The tribal wars are what's driving traffic and the mods know this, but they also kill the brand.

the REAL difference is Linda Ikeja's customers are WOMEN and women are more likely to spend than men. There's a wider range of products that appeal to them and if you look at Linda Ikeja's ads, you'll see that gender is the difference maker. Nairaland needs to start looking at it's self as Africa's facebook or google and striving to compete. It's being run like a blog. It have FAR more potential than Linda Ikeja
I don't agree that woman spend more then men. On fashion and cosmetics yeah but as a person who grew up with family distribution men spend more on car, liquor, restaurant, and Women. Seun is trying to do everything himself instead of hiring people that can take him to the next level.
If he was Igbo he would have at least 10 boy boy serving him like Linda. She calls them interns.
He is really intelligent but he is not a business man yet. I believe he is building wealth but has the potential to be bastertdly wealthy like Zukerberg and Gates if he sticks to his expertise and leave the marketing and advertising to the ones who know how.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by anonimi: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
nchewi: plz remind me, who is the face of wikipedia?
Smh!! Some people just don't get it. Nairaland is the number 1 site in Nigeria.

Abeg tell all these people who are OVER-focused on money as if that is ALL life is about.
Google is also VERY SIMPLE and has always been.

Nairaland is still the BEST informative forum by far in Nigeria and it will keep GROWING with its own UNIQUE format.

Oga Seun keep it up

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
[size=40pt] Clears Throat [/size]

Choiiiiiiii..... See money when my fellow bloggers the make, me I d here the suffer.

Choiiiiiiii..... See money when my fellow bloggers the make, me I d here the suffer.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Dbboy(m): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
True stupid topics on fp that's why I prefer reading comment rather than posting

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Sweetlemon(f): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Olaone1:
I disagree!
Mark Zuckerberg is not out there in the public eye. Also, being "out there" does not attract investors. As far as investors are concerned, it is all about the bottom line.

Moreover, Nairaland homepage does not have trashy topics, what it has is known as variety in "forum jargon". Choice!

We can delve into this even further undecided

BTW, Seun is doing fine

Mark Zukerberg is out there. Yes.
He may not be as loud as some others but he sure comes out once in a while.

Seun is doing fine though. But he'd make more if he was more social. But if he's content the way he is (he's an introvert) then No P.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Truth234(m): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
That guy does not know what he is saying, I can list worst sites that are generating good revenues. Traffic is the key, nairaland has better traffic and mind you all these people are using internet to access it. Isn't that enough to secure telecommunication ad? How many foreigners are on LIB everyday?

Tumblr.com was generating $13 million a year when Marisa Mayer, Yahoo Ceo, bought it $1.1 billion and when shareholders attacked her saying that was outrageous, she said she "bought a huge audience of young people with more than 100 million blogs and 50 billion posts but a under monetized business". Even Tumblr's CEO, David Karp, agreed.

With few input and restructuring, tumblr already generated $13 million for the first quarter, the same amount it was generating for a whole year and now they are on course for $100 million a year revenue. She is anticipating $200 million next year because by then they would have developed their own programs to enhance users experience.

The fact is Seun needs better marketing manager and creative individuals that share similar vision. Just like Steve Jobs!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Let's hold a prayer crusade for Seun angry. This year is your year Osewa.

6 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Very sound write up..
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Philipmems(m): 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
LoL, Seun we (vast majority of Nigerians) really appreciate all the effort you make in keeping this site relatively simply and MB friendly look at your life today and you will realize that you are not suffering neither do you lack the necessity for survival, God has been promoting you from glory to greater glory, no forget say na who first buy motor na im buy old model, Nairaland commands more traffic than LIB anyday anytime quote me anywhere, everybody is here from the president of the country to the common man on the street don't be fooled this is where its happening. Nairaland is the community centre where we are all equals not some animal farm with animal being more equal than others.
seun if you wish to follow the advice of detractors and deceivers no problem but dont forget your root, the common man finds solace here on our very own NAIRALAND... wink wink wink wink wink cry wink wink wink wink wink

24 Likes 3 Shares

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Olaone1: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Mark Zukerberg is out there. Yes.But if he's content the way he is (he's an introvert) then No P.
mark Zuckerberg is AN INTROVERT, dear

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by kennyfao(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hmmm! Some stories can touch sha! There is sense in this oo and am sure oga seun knows what to do.I will be d happiest man if I read headline like; seun too is doing exceptionally well
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by MrRhymes101(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
What concerns me with what SEUN earns?? am just catching fun/learning on Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Bitcoin Lord Recovers His Cars From EFCC (Photos) / Anyone Know Where I Can Get Pet Bottles. Plastic Bottles For Water N Juice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.