Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:26 AM

When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? (1440 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Is it necessary for an atheist to define God before God can be denied? Can an atheist deny God without having some exposure to the concept of God?
Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
I'll speak for myself:
I do not believe in any religious god-- be it Allah, Yahweh, Vishnu, etc.
There may or may not be a creator-- or creators-- we cannot categorically say.
I am agnostic to the idea of a creator, but atheist to the religious creators (gods).

5 Likes

Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Idrismusty97(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Apatheist: I'll speak for myself:
I am agnostic to the idea of a creator, but atheist to the religious creators (gods).
Then you are probably a deist. Your views are similar to Deism.
Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by qstar(m): 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
Atheism isn't "denial" per se, atheism is a disbelief in god(s).

3 Likes

Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by McWhillion(m): 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Very well said, if you're in doubt about the existence of a creator, is it not then
wise to live one's life as if there is a creator and die only to discover there is none than live as if there is no creator and die only to discover there is indeed a creator who isn't happy with your denial of his existence while you were alive. What say you.
Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Atheist Believe Only In Evolution. A Total Denial Of A Supreme Being, Yes Atheism Is Jst Dt.
Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
McWhillion:
Very well said, if you're in doubt about the existence of a creator, is it not then
wise to live one's life as if there is a creator and die only to discover there is none than live as if there is no creator and die only to discover there is indeed a creator who isn't happy with your denial of his existence while you were alive. What say you.
Pascal's Wager.
[img]http://theskepticalteenager.files./2012/02/homersimpsongenius.jpg?w=584[/img]
So what creator should I believe?
The Hindus alone have 33 million gods That is the religion of people in India alone. How many gods do you think there are? more than 50 million then!
And what if you believe in the wrong god?

All those beliefs can't be right, can they?
Ever thought if you're wrong?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
Idrismusty97: Then you are probably a deist. Your views are similar to Deism.
I guess it's a mixture of Atheism and Agnostic Deism.
Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by urheme: 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2014

Confuse child
undecided
Always taking the escape route,
Take a firm stand so we can slaughter you if we have to
Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by rinrin23(f): 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
urheme:

Confuse child
undecided
Always taking the escape route,
Take a firm stand so we can slaughter you if we have to

I see no reason why you cant "slaughter " him based on this stance. Nobody has all the answers thus every stance can be refuted and/or debated.

So please go ahead and "slaughter". Show us the violence your god taught you.

3 Likes

Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
It is unwise to discuss God with religious folks, it is a topic they are experts in, they will simply slaughter you. best leave them to their folly

1 Like

Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
voltron: It is unwise to discuss God with religious folks, it is a topic they are experts in, they will simply slaughter you. best leave them to their folly
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" --Jonathan Swift

3 Likes

Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
qstar: Atheism isn't "denial" per se, atheism is a disbelief in god(s).

Disbelief simply means denial of existence...

I do not belief there is something named God can simply be put I deny his existence cos I dont believe he exists.

so literally, they are same.
Re: When An Atheist Denies God, What Exactly Is Being Denied? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
ledafaze:

Disbelief simply means denial of existence...

I do not belief there is something named God can simply be put I deny his existence cos I dont believe he exists.

so literally, they are same.
English...
de·ni·al /diˈnīəl/
noun
the action of declaring something to be untrue.
Disbelief:
disbelief /dɪsbɪˈliːf/
noun
inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real.
Do you believe in Santa Claus, or the tooth fairy?
If no, according to you, it's not disbelief but denial.

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Knowledge / VIDEO: Ghanaian 'archbishop' Begs Muslims For Forgiveness 'in The Name Of Allah' / Israel Rabbi Speaks : ‘messiah Coming This Year!’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.