Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? (1573 Views)

SMS API For Integration On Any Type Website, System Or Application -joomla & PHP / Anyone Knows How I Can Code An Sms Api/gateway Into A Web Application? / Direct Sms Api Gateway For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? by Glite(f): 9:20am On Nov 03, 2008
I am looking to add SMS functionality to the real estate site i am planning. Does anyone know if any of the local mobile operators has a free to use API ?
Re: Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? by WebMonk(m): 11:13am On Nov 03, 2008
There's a one i've used - and it worked. But you need to register an account with them, which they'll use to credit every sms transaction.

I tried it so a an sms app i was developing at one time and it went well. Be warned though, the site's design might discourage you.

Web2SMS Pro Developer API:
http://web2smspro.com/developers.asp

Main Website:
http://web2smspro.com/

Hope this works
Re: Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? by Glite(f): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2008
Yes I remember that one. It does look like knocked together by a schoolkid just diiscovered dreamweaver . Their system won't work for me i think undecided
Re: Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? by WebMonk(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2008
too bad. but if you do find a solution do please contribute to the thread. Or you could ask cmon. he was working on the same. Not sure what came out of it.
Re: Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? by kehers(m): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2008
Im tempted to recommend clickatell (http://clickatell.com) for a couple of reasons:
1. They have the best api connection Iv ever come across.
2. Their service is good and realiable
But then here are the issues with them
1. You may find it hard to make online payments with them. As a Nigerian, u can only use direct bank transfer
2. Except u can find a work around (talking to them or watever), at last check, u cant send using any 'sender id' u want. Sender id is the name or number the sms sender is set at. U have to register any sender id u want to use. This is actually due to scam purposes.
3. Their fees is somewat costly except u will b buying quite a quantity.
So, to make things simple, I will say u check out http://smslive247.com - easy payment and api integration.
Re: Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? by cmon(m): 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2008
Truely, I was working on an SMS system. I found out that most bulk SMS service in Nigeria are expensive so I'll now be using a service provider in India (www.routesms.com). You'ld have to do the bank transfer stuff. I really don't mind cos it's more cost effective.
Re: Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? by jmslimx(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
why dont you try utiware.net
Re: Does Any Of Nigerian Mobile Operators Have Sms Api ? by mnatives: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Realy
we are working on an SMS system. I found out that most bulk SMS service in Nigeria are using a service provider in India (www.mnatives.com) You'd have to do.

(1) (Reply)

10 Common Reasons Why New Startup Businesses Fail / Only If You Would Agree To Join / Want To Buy Instagram Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.