Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. (83082 Views)

Ade's Chronicle: A Tale / Lagos And Abuja: A Tale Of Two Cities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by mariemummy(f): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
VanTee20:

Done.

Thanks
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Dammol(f): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
Beautiful story. Great job, well done sir.
Like Oliver Twist, we need more. Keep the updates coming.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Kennybix(m): 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
VanTee baba, I take God beg you o, Update o
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Easy4reel(m): 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kennybix:

#seconded# [color=#990000][/color]
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Vantee...where at thou? sad
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
I'm sorry I didn't update this story on saturday like I promised. I had the busiest weekend of my life, and even today I wasn't as free as I wanted. I just squeezed some time to write the update below. I'm really sorry for dulling the flow of the story.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
CHAPTER SEVEN (continued).

Sir Millicent sat at a reading desk in Lady Suzannah's study with his nose buried deep in a gigantic volume of Pankósmia geo̱grafíaa (παγκόσμια γεωγραφία), a book about the geography of the world written in the medieval ages by a renowned Greek philosopher and world sojourner, Plocrates.

That book had become Sir Millicent's bible since he returned to Casville. He had come across it in the famed, well-stocked library of Lord Alton, Lady Suzannah's late husband and he had been attracted both by the book's red and black cover and its fancy title. He had perused the content and had been blown away by how much relevant it was to his conquest plans. He had pinched it from the library, since it was quite a dangerous book to borrow and had kept it with him since then.

The book divided the world into three vast continents and four major empires; The Viking, Byzantine, Persian and Nersean empires. According to the book, Each empire continually strove for more wealth, fame, glory and power and the only way that desire could be achieved was for them to keep on extending their boundaries, to keep on annexing neighbouring lands. That sometimes brought the empires at logger heads with each other. Often wars ensued, with the stronger empires conquering and the weaker ones suffering.

The book described Persia as the strongest empire and Nersea as the weakest. However, it was quick to add that with the depth of her resources, the industry of her people and the wisdom of her emperor, Nersia was poised to become the leading empire in no distant time.

That had been in the days of his grandfather, the great Guldheries, Sir Millicent thought. Guldheries had ruled like the real emperor he was. He had annexed numerous lands, won hundreds of battles and had extended the boundaries far beyond what anyone could have imagined. Overall, he had been loved by his subjects and greatly feared by his enemies.

Unlike the current king, Gavyne, who ruled like a sissy. Everyone called him King because that was what he was. The king of Casville instead of the emperor of Nersia. He preferred treaties to war and feasts to annexation. During his reign, Nersea had slumped as a growing empire.

Sir Millicent cast his mind back to twenty five years ago, during the coronation of King Gavyne. He remembered he had been sulky all through the ceremony and his mother, Princess Luvalle, had asked questions, but he had answered with his own question.

"Mother, why are you not the one sitting on that throne? Why is it uncle Gavyne??"

Luvella had been slightly taken aback by her ten year old son's question but she had answered nonetheless. "It is his right to be King as the first born son of our father."

"But you are older than him. Couldn't they have made you queen and Father, king?"

His mother had smiled tolerantly. "No, It does not work that way. The throne always go to the first son. Do you understand?"

The young Millicent had nodded in acceptance and just when his mother had thought that the issue was done with, he had begun again.

"Mother, who will be King after Uncle?"

"Who else? Young Galleine of course."

"What about me? What would I be?"

"You would be an official member of the distinguished royal family after your induction at thirteen. You could be made the governor of a province if you are of good character."

"No! I want to be King!"

"Shut up!" Luvella had yelled, obviously galled by her son's sheer impertinence. "What do you know about being King? I don't ever want to hear you speak of such things again or I will report you to your father."

At the mention of his father, Millicent had lapsed into silence. He knew his sadistic father would only be too glad to take him through another gruelling session of herculean punishments.

Sir Millicent returned his focus to the book with a light hiss. He did not why he kept losing concentration easily these days.

He heard the sound of the door being pushed open behind him and then the sound of approaching footsteps followed. He looked back over his shoulder to see Lady Suzannah catwalking towards him. She wore a respledent, kneelength, low neckline, purple dress that hugged her superb frame tightly. A good proportion of her glorious bosom flashed in his face and he could well see her bulky backside from the sides. Sir Millicent suffered an unprecedented loinquake.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
"Do you know why the Romans still consider Venus the goddess of beauty?" He asked her as soon as she settled on the seat opposite his.

"No idea."

"Simple. They have never seen you. They will strip her of that title immediately they do."

Lady Suzannah let out that low chuckle, that Sir Millicent always considered as sexy. "Stop it Mills. You know, when you say things like that, it makes me weak in the knees."

"Fear not Milady. Even if your knees buckle, I will make sure you don't fall. And if you do manage to, you will promptly be carried."

"Hmm, I have no doubts I will be carried," She said with feigned thoughtfulness. "The only problem is where you'll carry me to. Will it not be the bedroom?"

"Dirty mind," Sir Millicent remarked as he threw back his head in laughter. "Now, don't tell me you dressed up like this just to come here. You are going somewhere else. Isn't it?

"As a matter of fact, we are going somewhere," Lady Suzannah replied, emphasizing on the "we".

"We? You and who?"

"You and I, of course. Have you forgotten that we are having a meeting with Finn and Lord Bradeigh concerning the men they are gathering for you amongst other things?"

"Oh, I forgot all about it. Wait a minute, let me get something decent to change to. I'ld be right back," Sir Millicent said and promptly exited the study.

"Do you like what you see?" Lady Suzannah asked Sir Millicent, who had his eyes fixed on the over five thousand men standing at attention in front of them. Each one of those men had the quintessential features of a warrior.

"I do. How did you come by this large army?" Sir Millicent asked the Lady in surprise, as they went through the ranks, inspecting the men.

"I conjured them up," Lady Suzannah replied with a voice laden with pride.

"Conjure? You mean they are not real men?"

"No, they are beings of magic."

"Are they immortal?"

"Physically, yes. Spiritually, no. I can easily destroy all of them with my magic."

Sir Millicent reached out to touch the closest immortal soldier to him. He wanted to verify Lady Suzannah's claims. The warrior caught Sir Millicent's hand mid-way and held it there. Sir Millicent tried to pull his hand out but he couldn't, his hand was held in an iron grip.

"They don't like being touched," Lady Suzannah revealed. "Even I have to cast spells before I can touch them."

"Tell this thing to release me," Sir Millicent pleaded after another unsuccessful attempt to free himself.

"Long Tongue, leave him," Lady Suzannah commanded. Immediately, Sir Millicent felt the hard grip on his hand slacken and the immortal soldier, Long Tongue, joined the others in standing at attention.

"Long Tongue? What kind of name is that?" Sir Millicent snorted. "Why not Buck Teeth or Hare Lip?" Of course, he said it in the way of ridicule.

"Aye sir," Two voices answered from within the ranks.

Sir Millicent was duly confused and he turned to Lady Suzannah for help.

"You just called their names; Buck Teeth and Hare Lip," She offered. "Among them, we still have Fair Hair, Crest Chest, Wise Eyes. . ."

"You gave them those names?"

"No. It is the literal translation of their magic names." she replied. "Would you like to take on one of them? To see if they are good in combats or not."

"No," Sir Millicent answered. "Long Tongue here has shown me what they can do."

"We should leave for the castle to meet Finn and Lord Bradeigh then. They will be waiting for us already," She reasoned.

"True, let's get going" Sir Millicent conceeded.

As they walked east towards the door of the underground room, Sir Millicent turned to take a last glance at the Lady Suzannah's army. He wondered if they really needed to gather more men through their cohorts, Finn and Lord Bradeigh. With this immortal army, he was Emperor already.

THE END OF CHAPTER SEVEN.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
Story updated! If you were here while I was doing it, kindly use the Go up button. Thanks.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 12:02am On Nov 25, 2014
kingphilip:
wow never knew I was missing something beautiful here
great one vantee ur description is one in a million.. ride on boss u r gud

Thank you sir. Glad to have you here.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 12:08am On Nov 25, 2014
Dammol:
Beautiful story. Great job, well done sir.
Like Oliver Twist, we need more. Keep the updates coming.

Thanks ma'am. Welcome on board.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 12:09am On Nov 25, 2014
Kennybix:

I don update sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 12:10am On Nov 25, 2014
Oluwafunmilayo95:
Vantee...where at thou? sad

I am hither. I just updated. I'm sorry about the delay.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by kingphilip(m): 5:20am On Nov 25, 2014
VanTee20:

Thank you sir. Glad to have you here.
Uwc sir
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
Now this is getting interesting...immortal soldiers? Hmm
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
haydot95:
Now this is getting interesting...immortal soldiers? Hmm

Glad you found it interesting. The next update will even be tighter. Stay tuned sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
mariemummy:

Thanks

You're welcome ma'am
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by faithgokz(f): 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
Well done smiley
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
VanTee20:

I am hither. I just updated. I'm sorry about the delay.

no probs, u are forgiven... Great as usual.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:46am On Nov 26, 2014
faithgokz:
Well done smiley

Thank you smiley
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:55am On Nov 26, 2014
Oluwafunmilayo95:

no probs, u are forgiven... Great as usual.

Thanks ma'am.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 26, 2014
Sire...when are we getting the next update?
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by BabieGhagha(f): 10:17am On Nov 26, 2014
vantee20 do gud oo..he do gud.he gave us gud updates..he do gud.updates sweet well well..he do gud.no story b lyk perfidy.more grease 2 ur elbow!
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
haydot95:
Sire...when are we getting the next update?

Tonight, if all goes as planned. Otherwise it would have to be tomorrow.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
BabieGhagha:
vantee20 do gud oo..he do gud.he gave us gud updates..he do gud.updates sweet well well..he do gud.no story b lyk perfidy.more grease 2 ur elbow!

Hmm. What can I say? Her royal ghaghaness never ceases to amaze me with her comments smiley.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by BabieGhagha(f): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
VanTee20:

Hmm. What can I say? Her royal ghaghaness never ceases to amaze me with her comments smiley.
dnt mind me jhor
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Aydesmond(m): 6:26am On Nov 27, 2014
vantee20. Na you ooo, infact i will like to copy n paste this ur literature on my website.*permission*
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
REserved
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
REServed
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by stuff46(m): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
VanTee20:
REserved
am here o.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
And we re waiting...thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler / How 2go Relationship Landed Me In Psychiatric Home ( Short Story) - Classcaptain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.