Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan (3772 Views)

Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig / Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 6:00am On Sep 18, 2014
For the past couple of weeks, I have noticed that mtn charges my credit balance each time I browse on my phone. This will continue until my credit balance runs out before further browsing will now be charged to my data plan. I now have a situation, where I cant leave credit on my phone for fear of losing it. All attempts to get this daylight robbery stopped through their customer care have proved abortive. Is it just me?
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by lanre316: 6:16am On Sep 18, 2014
Kash007: For the past couple of weeks, I have noticed that mtn charges my credit balance each time I browse on my phone. This will continue until my credit balance runs out before further browsing will now be charged to my data plan. I now have a situation, where I cant leave credit on my phone for fear of losing it. All attempts to get this daylight robbery stopped through their customer care have proved abortive. Is it just me?

One question :

Do you have data on your phone before browsing and this situation still occurs? Note that I'm not saying credit, but data.

If yes, you can complain to their cc, cos nobody else is having this kind of issue, I browse heavily on mtn with no deductions from my credit. Only my data count is affected and that's normal.

But if you don't have data, you browse and and your credit is being deducted, I don't know what to say. Because your case is like something who withdrew everything in his bank account and still went to the bank manager to complain that he has no money in his bank account.

1 Like

Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by moruphb: 6:21am On Sep 18, 2014
lanre316:

One question :

Do you have data on your phone before browsing and this situation still occurs? Note that I'm not saying credit, but data.

If yes, you can complain to their cc, cos nobody else is having this kind of issue, I browse heavily on mtn with no deductions from my credit. Only my data count is affected and that's normal.

But if you don't have data, you browse and and your credit is being deducted, I don't know what to say. Because your case is like something who withdrew everything in his bank account and still went to the bank manager to complain that he has no money in his bank account.
dont be too sure Mr, i am having the same problem they deduct my money despite the fact that i have more than 1gig data on my line.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by lanre316: 6:27am On Sep 18, 2014
moruphb: dont be too sure Mr, i am having the same problem they deduct my money despite the fact that i have more than 1gig data on my line.

O, if that's the case, getting across to their cc will clear things up. If you are on Twitter, I suggest you tweet your complaints at @MTN180. They seem to respond faster on Twitter to my own complaints.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 6:29am On Sep 18, 2014
lanre316:

One question :

If you read my post correctly, it was stated, DESPITE HAVING A DATA PLAN in place. I wouldnt complain, if I didnt have more than enough mb to cater to my browsing needs. But, a situation where my credit must first be reduced to nearly zero before my mb starts running is the issue here. PS: I hv tried the Cc.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 6:31am On Sep 18, 2014
moruphb: dont be too sure Mr, i am having the same problem they deduct my money despite the fact that i have more than 1gig data on my line.
I was beginning to think my case was peculiar.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by lanre316: 6:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Kash007: If you read my post correctly, it was stated, DESPITE HAVING A DATA PLAN in place. I wouldnt complain, if I didnt have more than enough mb to cater to my browsing needs. But, a situation where my credit must first be reduced to nearly zero before my mb starts running is the issue here. PS: I hv tried the Cc.

I'm sorry about it. Try their cc on Twitter @MTN180 and you will get quick feedback. It always works for me. Peace.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 6:32am On Sep 18, 2014
lanre316:

O, if that's the case, getting across to their cc will clear things up. If you are on Twitter, I suggest you tweet your complaints at @MTN180. They seem to respond faster on Twitter to my own complaints.
Thanks, will try that.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Tallesty1(m): 7:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Kash007: If you read my post correctly, it was stated, DESPITE HAVING A DATA PLAN in place. I wouldnt complain, if I didnt have more than enough mb to cater to my browsing needs. But, a situation where my credit must first be reduced to nearly zero before my mb starts running is the issue here. PS: I hv tried the Cc.
switch off your phone after subscription then turn it on again. Or turn off data, leave it for few minutes then turn it on again before you start browsing. It worked for me.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 8:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Tallesty1: switch off your phone after subscription then turn it on again. Or turn off data, leave it for few minutes then turn it on again before you start browsing. It worked for me.
Will do...thanks.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Ay92(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2014
Very early this Monday morning, I got an alert that my last sms was charged at #100. And when I checked, my precious #100 was gone. Since then, I have promised myself not to recharge my MTN again, unless it's absolutely necessary.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by player007(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Send DATA OFF to 131. Used to have the same problem also. So I called customer care and the explanation I was given was that my credit got deducted because I was still on the normal browsing plan.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by JideSM: 10:17am On Sep 18, 2014
Kash007: For the past couple of weeks, I have noticed that mtn charges my credit balance each time I browse on my phone. This will continue until my credit balance runs out before further browsing will now be charged to my data plan. I now have a situation, where I cant leave credit on my phone for fear of losing it. All attempts to get this daylight robbery stopped through their customer care have proved abortive. Is it just me?

You can post your queries on https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/77 . it will be resolved.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ay92: Very early this Monday morning, I got an alert that my last sms was charged at #100. And when I checked, my precious #100 was gone. Since then, I have promised myself not to recharge my MTN again, unless it's absolutely necessary.
I feel your pain.

1 Like

Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
player007: Send DATA OFF to 131. Used to have the same problem also. So I called customer care and the explanation I was given was that my credit got deducted because I was still on the normal browsing plan.
Wont that prevent me from browsing, since data is off?
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by chidooh1: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
Check your APN, make sure it's web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net and proxy/port must be empty.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by duwdu: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kash007: Wont that prevent me from browsing, since data is off?

I have come to deduce that, what "DATA ON" actually does, is to enable access to data for services that are not covered by a subscriber's browsing/service plan, at the expense of normal credit on a line. At least that's what MTN's welcome message says when their BlackBerry plans are activated.

And, as far as my own experience goes, "DATA OFF" does not prevent access to data as will be accessed via an existing/incoming data plan. So, @player007's advice should be on point.

Again, these are my own deductions, so please proceed with caution.

Good luck.

P34c3
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by player007(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kash007: Wont that prevent me from browsing, since data is off?
No it won't.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by duwdu: 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
player007:
No it won't.

I concur.

P34c3
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
duwdu:

I have come to deduce that, what "DATA ON" actually does, is to enable access to data for services that are not covered by a subscriber's browsing/service plan, at the expense of normal credit on a line. At least that's what MTN's welcome message says when their BlackBerry plans are activated.

And, as far as my own experience goes, "DATA OFF" does not prevent access to data as will be accessed via an existing/incoming data plan. So, @player007's advice should be on point.

Again, these are my own deductions, so please proceed with caution.

Good luck.

P34c3
Thanks...you have been quite helpful.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Kash007(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
player007:
No it won't.
Ok, thanks.
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by damcqute(m): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
moruphb:
dont be too sure Mr, i am having the same problem they deduct my money despite the fact that i have more than 1gig data on my line.

night plan?? thats when they deduct from your credit during the day.

you tried mailing me. holla @ me on whatsapp 08130146686
Re: MTN Zapping Credit For Browsing Despite Having A Data Plan by Akamo5(m): 3:23am On Oct 08, 2014
i also notice it

(1) (Reply)

GIONEE Splus Launched In Nigeria At 12th, Dec. / This Is More Than Real Mtn Is Giving Out Free #2000 Credit To All Dya/non Dya / Iphone 11 Pro Max 512gb For Sale At 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.