Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Dont View If You Dont Like English Language. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dont View If You Dont Like English Language. (525 Views)

ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {english Language Thread} / Top Ten Signs That You Dont Undestand Evolution At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dont View If You Dont Like English Language. by Jossyluv75(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2014
After my first post on Idoms, one of the NL's asked me to come up with some more complex Idioms.
So here I am with this 12.

1. To cross the rubicon - to be irreversibly committed; to get to a stage where you cannot go back.
2. Buy a pig in a poke - to buy something without thoroughly examining it.
3. A bolt from the blue - An unexpected occurrence.
4. Care killed the cat - Don't worry and fret yourself to death.
5. To have one's head in the clouds - To live in a dreamland.
6. To leap coals of fire - To return good for evil.
7. Draconian laws - Very severe laws.
8. Hold the baby - Be left to bear the responsibility for something difficult or unpleasant.
9. A new broom - A new man in authority who is certain to change things.
10. A wild goose chase - A search, journey that is certain to fail.
11. Eat one's heart out - Suffer severally because of frustration.
12. That's your funeral - You will be the one who suffers, not anyone else.

If this was helpful, then visit Naija Tweet our blog page for more.

(1) (Reply)

Fed Poly Ilaro 2nd Batch Admission List 2014/2015 Released / Sap Hr Online Training In India | Uk | Canada | Singapore | Usa | Australia / Info On Jamb Regularization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.