Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Men Who Cook Well - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Who Cook Well (3240 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / ‘I Know Four Men Who Have Slept With My Wife’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Cook Well by orbis(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hi ladies, I have been itching to ask a wider audience of ladies this question. Would you prefer a man who knows his way around the kitchen and prepares lovely delicious dishes or would you prefer an indomie and tea guy. I am confused because my ex loved it when I cook but my new lady wouldn't want me 100 meters near the kitchen.
Re: Men Who Cook Well by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
I really like it when a man can cook.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Who Cook Well by EmoBoy(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Some african women don't like when their men cook because they believe it is their sole duty. Luckily you found yourself one
Re: Men Who Cook Well by orbis(m): 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe: I really like it when a man can cook.
How about when he cooks way better than you.
Re: Men Who Cook Well by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
I'd prefer a man who knows his way around d house not only kitchen, cos if he can do huswork d easier for me. If he cooks today, I cook tmoro, I cook soup he pounds yam. Shikena. Not watching EPL while am killing myself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Who Cook Well by Clone2020(m): 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
There's a recently published study that shows that men who cook and do chores at home are denied sex by their wives. Subconsciously, women expect men to maintain a macho stance, a man who's always cooking, washing plates and sweeping the house is viewed as a weakling.... Keep in mind this is all subconscious.
www.scientificamerican.com/article/men-who-do-housework-have-less-sex/
Re: Men Who Cook Well by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
orbis:
How about when he cooks way better than you.

It is very difficult to cook better than I do tongue

Then hopefully he enjoys cooking and cooks a lot wink

1 Like

Re: Men Who Cook Well by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Clone2020: There's a published study that shows that men who cook and do chores at home are denied sex by their wives

Where can I find it?
Re: Men Who Cook Well by orbis(m): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It is very difficult to cook better than I do tongue

Then hopefully he enjoys cooking and cooks a lot wink

Guess you just met your match. I can do better ...trust me
Re: Men Who Cook Well by cococandy(f): 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
I enjoy cooking and I don't mind doing all the cooking.
I love to feed everyone around me.

As long as I have the time. Which I do.
For now.

I don't know what the future holds and how busy I might get.

In that case,I'd prefer a man who's not totally useless in the kitchen area.

Lucky I found one.

He makes award-winning jollof rice grin

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Cook Well by Clone2020(m): 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Where can I find it?

Here u go ma'am
Re: Men Who Cook Well by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
orbis:

Guess you just met your match. I can do better ...trust me

I believe you. I think, it's really cool.
Re: Men Who Cook Well by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Clone2020:

Here u go ma'am

Thanks a lot. I am going to read it now. cheesy
Re: Men Who Cook Well by orbis(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Clone2020: There's a recently published study that shows that men who cook and do chores at home are denied sex by their wives. Subconsciously, women expect men to maintain a macho stance, a man who's always cooking, washing plates and sweeping the house is viewed as a weakling.... Keep in mind this is all subconscious.

Broseley that is for American men. Deny a Nigerian man his conjugal and see if he doesn't express his new found liberty to the limit....lol

1 Like

Re: Men Who Cook Well by cococandy(f): 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
Funny. How does cooking some of the time make a man less macho?

It's romantic if you don't know.
Especially if you've had a long day and you're surprised by a nice dinner he made.

If he's not macho,he's not macho. Cooking won't make him less so.

Being macho is mostly about looks and carriage
Clone2020: There's a recently published study that shows that men who cook and do chores at home are denied sex by their wives. Subconsciously, women expect men to maintain a macho stance, a man who's always cooking, washing plates and sweeping the house is viewed as a weakling.... Keep in mind this is all subconscious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Cook Well by EmoBoy(m): 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2014

So true
Displays of masculinity may evoke feminine displays in women, which activates or intensifies sexual charge. Put the man on a rider mower, in other words, and boom—fireworks. Stand him at a sudsy sink, and it's a probable no go.

@OP
Hope you've seen this. They're indirectly calling you a mangina. . . If you know what that means
Re: Men Who Cook Well by EmoBoy(m): 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: Funny. How does cooking some of the time make a man less macho?

It's romantic if you don't know.
Especially if you've had a long day and you're surprised by a nice dinner he made.

If he's not macho,he's not macho. Cooking won't make him less so.

Being macho is mostly about looks.quote author=Clone2020]There's a recently published study that shows that men who cook and do chores at home are denied sex by their wives. Subconsciously, women expect men to maintain a macho stance, a man who's always cooking, washing plates and sweeping the house is viewed as a weakling.... Keep in mind this is all subconscious.

Define romance objectively.
Re: Men Who Cook Well by Pataki: 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Of what use is a man if he cannot find his way around in the kitchen? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Who Cook Well by cococandy(f): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
EmoBoy:

Define romance objectively.
Honey it's relative.
And even with a particular person,it varies.
Mostly according to mood or circumstance

If I'm home and less busy,him cooking and me laying around doing nothing MAY NOT appeal to me because frankly most of us nigerian women at the core are traditional.

But imagine me pregnant,sick and coming back from work after spending a long day figthing traffic and all the stress to get home just to be surprised by his thoughtfulness in making something I like to eat smiley smiley
Mmmmmm
Romance in the air.

See? there's no definition for romance. Just know your partner and blend with him/her

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Cook Well by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Clone2020:

Here u go ma'am

I read it and did some more research and found another article.

Let me quote a paragraph.

Of particular interest is a paper by Sharon Sassler of Cornell University debunking the widely publicized claim that men who do more housework “get” less sex. Research showing that couples had less sex when they split chores equally was “based on data gathered over a quarter of a century ago,” Sassler found, and “was focused on the sexual behaviors of married couples in the late 1980s, many of whom had met and married in the 1960s and 1970s.”

When Sassler and her colleagues turned to newer data from 2006—data that examined married and cohabiting couples that formed in the '90s or later—they found much different results. “Couples who shared domestic labor had sex at least as often, and were at least as satisfied with the frequency and quality of their sex, as couples where the woman did the bulk of the housework,” Sassler writes. So good news for people who like fairness, cleanliness, and sex.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/07/30/sex_and_housework_study_sharing_chores_doesn_t_make_couples_have_less_sex.html

Are we smarter now? cheesy
Re: Men Who Cook Well by EmoBoy(m): 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy:
Honey it's relative.
And even with a particular person,it varies.
Mostly according to mood or circumstance

If I'm home and less busy,him cooking and me laying around doing nothing may not appeal to me because frankly most of us nigerian women at the core are traditional.

But imagine me pregnant,sick and coming back from work after spending a long day figthing traffic and all the stress to get home just to be surprised by his thoughtfulness in making something I like to eat smiley smiley
Mmmmmm
Romance in the air.

See,there's no definition of romance. Just know your partner and blend with him/her

Thats the point - You see men who love cooking as romantic, many women don't.
Re: Men Who Cook Well by cococandy(f): 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
Well you can only speak for your woman and I can only speak for myself.
But we can't speak for every woman. at least a few women on this thread have said they do which debunks the many-women 'fact'. smiley
EmoBoy:

Thats the point - You see men who love cooking as romantic, many women don't.

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Cook Well by Tallesty1(m): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
My madam no fit shakara for me when e comes to kitchen matter.
Re: Men Who Cook Well by EmoBoy(m): 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: Well you can only speak for your woman and I can only speak for myself.
But we can't speak for every woman. at least a few women on this thread have said they do which debunks the many-women 'fact'. smiley

A real study proved otherwise.
Re: Men Who Cook Well by cococandy(f): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
And the people commenting on this thread are what? Not real?
Wait. More are coming
EmoBoy:

A real study proved otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Cook Well by aderonila18: 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
I find men who can cook very sexy, having a man who is useless is the kitchen is like having an extra child in the house. No thank you undecided
Re: Men Who Cook Well by pweedyuz(f): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tallesty1: My madam no fit shakara for me when e comes to kitchen matter.
mtchew,,infact i love u!!!

4 dat statement
Re: Men Who Cook Well by pweedyuz(f): 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
i love me men whu can cook

im nt saying d burden of cooking will b bestowed on u
but at least ........dose dose i will cum back tired nd weary .................................go overboard,,cook my unripe plantain pottage garnished with dry fish nd scent leaves,,set d table,,place d chilled andre or amarula beside......

*damn,,,,just realised im missing sumone*
Re: Men Who Cook Well by EmoBoy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: And the people commenting on this thread are what? Not real?
Wait. More are coming

Ok o. No wahala
Re: Men Who Cook Well by nellyelitz(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
I can cook for her any time but not as a duty...
Re: Men Who Cook Well by cococandy(f): 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Emoboy more are still coming cheesy
Re: Men Who Cook Well by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2014

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. / You Shall Reap The Fruit Of Your Labour / Your Advice Is Needed: My Husband's Penis Is The Smallest In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.