Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Isoko Culture/children/relationship Question - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Isoko Culture/children/relationship Question (634 Views)

Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isoko Culture/children/relationship Question by azalea3: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
I want to do my very best to understand and make my boyfriend happy. I am white, north american. His family opposes us getting married because I cannot have more children due to a medical situation I had in the past. I would give him 10 if I could but I can't. He keeps telling me his mother needs grandchildren and he admits he does want to have a child of his own, even though he cares for my children dearly. He is also the oldest male in the family. In our culture, it's not that important. I am trying to understand the importance of it in his/yours. So why is it so important? Our plan for the last 2 years is for him to join me here in my country. I know that he has even considered just getting a girl pregnant just to provide a child for his mother, but I think about that child and how I would like to provide and care for him or her. I'm sure no woman would just have a baby and give it up without another thought about that child. We love each other but can't seem to figure out a solution that will make his family happy. Any insights into this would be helpful.
Re: Isoko Culture/children/relationship Question by Coldfeet(f): 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
Interesting
Re: Isoko Culture/children/relationship Question by victor1464(m): 9:23am On Sep 28, 2014
So hav u settled??
Re: Isoko Culture/children/relationship Question by azalea3: 3:12am On Nov 01, 2014
No sadly. We still don't have a solution.

(1) (Reply)

Indonesian Police Recruits Tested For Virginity. / 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed Arrested After mistaken watch for Bomb / Where Is Tayo Faniran?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.