Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? (2169 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
You only live once why not allow your kids have some fun?
He asked if he could wear this to school and I let him
Two different shoes and socks after all today is Friday
Two shoes are better than one he says
Please don't tell my husband!! grin grin grin grin

Tell us,what are some crazy things you would allow the kids do?
Eat pizza for breakfast?
Drink garri for dinner?
Wear pajamas to school on pajama day?
Sled down a hill in the snow?

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by freecocoa(f): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
No I won't, seems irresponsible to me.
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
freecocoa: No I won't, seems irresponsible to me.

It's official
I need to see psychia! grin grin

Hahahahaha
My husband will scream down the house if he ever found out about this wallahi
Just some innocent fun no biggie
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
To school, no. angry

In his free time, ok. undecided

At least he does not ask for a tattoo. wink

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe: To school, no. angry

In his free time, ok. undecided

At least he does not ask for a tattoo. wink

He is a small kid in elementary school,which tattoo
Chei
Am I that crazy?
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:
Chei
Am I that crazy?

No, I don't think so. I am ok with your decision.
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, I don't think so. I am ok with your decision.

The schools here have days the kids can wear pajamas to school and my husband hates it
He thinks it is too tacky to allow school kids wear their sleeping clothes to school
Imagine children on a school bus wearing nightgowns and pajamas.
Some other days it is " wear different socks to school day"
They will wear red on one and blue or stripped on another
I think it is great fun
I wish they do such at my job and did things like this when I was a kid

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

The schools here have days the kids can wear pajamas to school and my husband hates it
He thinks it is too tacky to allow school kids wear their sleeping clothes to school
Imagine children on a school bus wearing nightgowns and pajamas.
I think it is great fun
I wish they do such at my job

grin grin grin

You are a fun person. Why not? wink
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by freecocoa(f): 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

It's official
I need to see psychia! grin grin

Hahahahaha
My husband will scream down the house if he ever found out about this wallahi
Just some innocent fun no biggie
I'm trying to get how you see it but to me, that's sending a wrong message to the child, more like telling him, it's okay to dress anyhow.

Kids have a way of grasping things, tomorrow he might want to cross dress, if you say no then, it might become a problem, kids should be taught the right thing always, let them make their decisions when they come of age.

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
freecocoa: I'm trying to get how you see it but to me, that's sending a wrong message to the child, more like telling him, it's okay to dress anyhow.

Kids have a way of grasping things, tomorrow he might want to cross dress, if you say no then, it might become a problem, kids should be taught the right thing always, let them make their decisions when they come of age.

He understands I care about his dressing
In fact I made him change the shorts he had on because it didn't match the top
I work in a very professional environment and some Fridays we can pay $2 for fundraising and allowed to wear jeans and I do it.
He knows it is just for fun,today is Friday
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by freecocoa(f): 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

He understands I care about his dressing
In fact I made him change the shorts he had on because it didn't match the top
I work in a very professional environment and some Fridays we can pay $2 for fundraising and allowed to wear jeans and I do it.
He knows it is just for fun,today is Friday
I'm not judging, you asked a question and I gave my answer.

I understand your angle though, just saying that a kid may not see it from your point of view.
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
freecocoa: I'm not judging, you asked a question and I gave my answer.

I understand your angle though, just saying that a kid may not see it from your point of view.

My older ones speak of the fun and silly things we did and talk about it with nostalgia
He will turn out just fine ,trust me
He is just having fun

He knows that request on Monday will be met with a NO

2 Likes

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by freecocoa(f): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

My older ones speak of the fun and silly things we did and talk about it with nostalgia
He will turn out just fine ,trust me
He is just having fun

He knows that request on Monday will be met with a NO

Okay.
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
freecocoa: I'm trying to get how you see it but to me, that's sending a wrong message to the child, more like telling him, it's okay to dress anyhow.

Let me ask you,on a wear a pajama to school day or crazy hair day or wacky dress day ( which is totally optional) would you let them participate?
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
I went grocery shopping with the kids many years ago and wanted to park closer to the entrance so I pulled into the expectant mothers parking space.

My daughter yelled out,mom,it says expectant mothers,for those about to have babies

I yelled back "says who"
It said expectant mothers she repeated
I said well my dear,I am a mother and I am expecting a miracle from God so that makes me an expectant mother
Hahahahaha!!!!

I can understand why people will think this shoe stuff is crazy,I think so too but it is crazy fun
Life is too short
If you can't do silly things as a kid when can you?
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
Till today my older ones still talk about the scariest but most fun prank I played one Halloween

I bought a bunch of rubber snakes and placed them in various places around the house but the most fun was the ones I placed in the refrigerator near the gallon of milk
Come and see the blood curling screams around the house when they went to pour milk in their cereal
grin grin grin grin grin
My husband threw the snakes away

Hahahahahaha

If you have kids,try it,believe me,you will love the reactions.
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by freecocoa(f): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

Let me ask you,on a wear a pajama to school day or crazy hair day or wacky dress day ( which is totally optional) would you let them participate?
Madam, I already said "it's okay" but I'll answer you anyways.

Now remember you said he asked, not that it was a school activity, I don't understand why anyone would ask kids to dress in a wacky way or have a crazy hairstyle on but I won't allow such for my kids, the pajamas I may allow.
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
freecocoa: Madam, I already said "it's okay" but I'll answer you anyways.

Now remember you said he asked, not that it was a school activity, I don't understand why anyone would ask kids to dress in a wacky way or have a crazy hairstyle on but I won't allow such for my kids, the pajamas I may allow.

Whoa whoa whoa!!!

Gosh!!
You are sounding very angry and upset
You can actually pass on this thread ,you know
As you can see it is not a serious topic worth bursting a vein over
Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
eh, this one is child abuse o. Reminds me of one homeless man i saw once, diff sneakers and socks.

I hope your boy will sue you when he is bigger cheesy

at topic, i have given jambon for dinner, vomited few hours later, and i felt so bad afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chillisauce: eh, this one is child abuse o. Reminds me of one homeless man i saw once, diff sneakers and socks.

I hope your boy will sue you when he is bigger cheesy

at topic, i have given jambon for dinner, vomited few hours later, and i felt so bad afterwards.

Abi o
For my irresponsibility Hahahahaha
Maybe I should wear them three piece suit and give them briefcase to look professional in school

What is jambon biko

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by freecocoa(f): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

Gosh!!
You are sounding very angry and upset
You can pass on this thread you know
Jeez!
Excuse me please, I don't know how you read my posts but it seems like you just want everyone to be okay with your decision.

You asked the question, I gave my answer, you quote me, I reply, you kept going on and I said "okay" you still quote and ask me another question, I reply and suddenly I'm the angry one? cheesy

My dear, you have to understand that in this life, not everyone will agree with you, there's something called 'agreeing to disagree' not taking your line of thought doesn't mean I'm angry, it just means we see things differently. You are the one trying so hard to justify(cant find a better word sorry) allowing your kid dress the way he wants, now that's not my business, I didn't judge you, just told you it's a no for my kids, now why make it a big deal? Hian.
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

Abi o
For my irresponsibility Hahahahaha
Maybe I should wear them three piece suit and give them briefcase to look professional in school

What is jambon biko

Its dried ham.

If you follow the rate the kids are going, they will end up turning the world upside down while having their way always

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
freecocoa: Excuse me please, I don't know how you read my posts but it seems like you just want everyone to be okay with your decision.

You asked the question, I gave my answer, you quote me, I reply, you kept going on and I said "okay" you still quote and ask me another question, I reply and suddenly I'm the angry one? cheesy

My dear, you have to understand that in this life, not everyone will agree with you, there's something called 'agreeing to disagree' not taking your line of thought doesn't mean I'm angry, it just means we see things differently. You are the one trying so hard to justify(cant find a better word sorry) allowing your kid dress the way he wants, now that's not my business, I didn't judge you, just told you it's a no for my kids, now why make it a big deal? Hian.

Hmm
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chillisauce:

Its dried ham.

If you follow the rate the kids are going, they will end up turning the world upside down having their way always

Anyone who let's kids have their way always is an unfit parent
Kids need structure ,no one argues with that
When he gets to Harvard I will tell you

Let me tell my hubby now about the shoe and hear what he says

Pray for me
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by bennyrazz: 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
at times, you need to cut some kids some slack so really I see nothing wrong in what the op allowed her kid to do since the school encourages it and seriously I would have loved to wear a pajamas to school when I was small just to have a feeling of what it felt like

2 Likes

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chai
The man has blasted me
My own is finished
grin grin grin
Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

Anyone who let's kids have their way always is an unfit parent
Kids need structure ,no one argues with that
When he gets to Harvard I will tell you

Let me tell my hubby now about the shoe and hear what he says

Pray for me

lol. You dont have to be strict always though. Sometimes let them have their way. But this one ehn, better find a good excuse cos you will sure need it.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by sheniqua: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chillisauce:

lol. You dont have to be strict always though. Sometimes let them have their way. But this one ehn, better find a good excuse cos you will sure need it.

Goodluck

His words

How could you?
This is so irresponsible?
There is no activity at the school and you allowed this?
I will sound him a warning,I must see him every morning before he leaves
The teacher would be wondering how a kid who dresses so well would come in with different shoes
This is simply not acceptable

Then the bobo was heading to the garage

I said Haba
You no go kiss me good bye ,because of ordinary shoe?

Then he came back and smooches wink wink wink

End of story

I guess he knows already his wife can be silly grin grin
If the older two turned out right this one will also

I can be very strict too and he will be the one trying to mellow it down
God help us

May the kids from our loins grow in Grace ,do us proud and excel beyond measure above their peers and soar to heights in Jesus name
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
sheniqua:

His words

How could you?
This is so irresponsible?
There is no activity at the school and you allowed this?
I will sound him a warning,I must see him every morning before he leaves
The teacher would be wondering how a kid who dresses so well would come in with different shoes
This is simply not acceptable

Then the bobo was heading to the garage

I said Haba
You no go kiss me good bye ,because of ordinary shoe?

Then he came back and smooches wink wink wink

End of story

I guess he knows already his wife can be silly grin grin
If the older two turned out right this one will also

I can be very strict too and he will be the one trying to mellow it down
God help us

May the kids from our loins grow in Grace ,do us proud and excel beyond measure above their peers and soar to heights in Jesus name
Amen!

Amen

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by tpia1: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Site admin

Please move babyosisi's fictitious ramblings about (her?) personal life to diary section.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
Provided you give the child the right value, nothing wrong in going crazy for fun once in a while especially as the school encourages it...more like when peeps where rags on rag day in schools or old school day, it doesnt really define them. Sounds like what i can do, not sure about the nightie one. So each to his own....but seriously BM, you like aish... Has issues when you argue/debate with people who have contrary opinion and feels theirs is the best just as you are sure/think yours is best. Just saying so you can continue the effort...yes you are getting better.

1 Like

Re: Mothers,would You Allow Your Child Do This? by blank(f): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
My initial fear was that his classmates will laugh at him but since the school in an unconventional school, i don't see a problem.

However, you need to be careful in such schools cos kids in such schools wouldn't like to fit into societal norms as they grow older.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Womens Skin Bleaching Pictures & Information To Ladies / See Very Cute Little Girl Begging On The Street / Do Not Marry If You Do Not Have A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.