Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (995 Views)

Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably / A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US / Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by urchrlex: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: . by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
urchrlex: If your boss tells you that you are incompetent in your job infront of other staff what will u do?
I would prove to him and the staff that I'm competent and clear his doubt.

1 Like

Re: . by zizazizu: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Your boss tells u that u r incompetent and doesn't sack you? That is proof that he still needs ur services. Banks use that line a lot to motivate staff, even if it is -ve motivation. Don't take it too personal unless if ur pride is stronger than ur paycheck. Calm down, look at the situation objectively, appraise what warranted the statement, be responsible for ur own part and if u r good, prove it, but not spitefully. Remember, u r still growing in ur career and need to be longterm in ur responses.

3 Likes

Re: . by ITbomb(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
If he didn't sack you, it means he believes that you are not using your potential well, proof him wrong
Re: . by Melahou(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
prove to him otherwise if you still have a chance...
that is if you are indeed competent
Re: . by esof1(f): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Your boss still values ur services but he is expecting you to do more.
Re: . by kolubo(m): 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
Op sentiment aside are you really competent in your job? You`re even lucky to have a boss like that my former employer will curse you and your family from any little mistakes.

(1) (Reply)

Interview Or Aptitude Test; Which One Sld I Go For? / Micro Finance Bank / SIWES Placement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.