Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? (841 Views)

Made-In-Akwa Ibom Electricity Meters Hit Market In March (photo) / The Cheapest Form Of Electricity In Nigeria Today Is....... / Cost Of Different Sources Of Electricity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? by fattbabakay(m): 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
I REALLY WANT TO KNOW PLEASE

As a potential engineer, an average countryman or someone who cares about his nation. Profer solution(s) or give ideas that might yield a positive change concerning the incessant electricity failure in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Re: What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Obviously less corruption would help a lot, but really what we need in this country especially considering our excessive population and the fact that most of the population are in urban areas is nuclear power plants.

1 Like

Re: What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
wallflower: Obviously less corruption would help a lot, but really what we need in this country especially considering our excessive population and the fact that most of the population are in urban areas is nuclear power plants.
Nuclear power plant I think is out of the question, considering what happened in japan during the Tsunami. Two nuclear power plant blew up, and spread radio active waste around it environs. To build a nuclear power plant would be quite cumbersome and will require a lot of money and after construction managing it would be another problem, because nuclear plants require a lot of expertise and people to manage it delicately. To be sincere, past events and recurring events does not show that Nigeria as a country manage its facilities adequately.

To contribute my idea to the solution; I think what Nigeria need is to rely on Solar considering the large amount of sun that appears in the northern part of Nigeria. Wind energy (from large windmills) should be in the east and south due to its tropical climate and the west can rely on electricity generated in turbines.

1 Like

Re: What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
AkunneObinna:
Nuclear power plant I think is out of the question, considering what happened in japan during the Tsunami. Two nuclear power plant blew up, and spread radio active waste around it environs. To build a nuclear power plant would be quite cumbersome and will require a lot of money and after construction managing it would be another problem, because nuclear plants require a lot of expertise and people to manage it delicately. To be sincere, past events and recurring events does not show that Nigeria as a country manage its facilities adequately.

To contribute my idea to the solution; I think what Nigeria need is to rely on Solar considering the large amount of sun that appears in the northern part of Nigeria. Wind energy (from large windmills) should be in the east and south due to its tropical climate and the west can rely on electricity generated in turbines.

What happened in Japan definitely doesn't apply here, it was caused by a natural disaster and besides how nuclear power plants have you heard of that caused any problems in history.
As for your suggestions they're good because they're a relatively cleaner and safer way to produce energy but there are a few issues, wind turbines are very unreliable and solar panels require a lot of space and it isn't very efficient.
Re: What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? by fattbabakay(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
N I C E grin
Re: What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? by donnaira(m): 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
AkunneObinna:

nuclear power plant will be good & efficient considering the huge deposit of uranium in northern nigeria ,
as for the japan nuclear disaster remember it was caused by tsunami so wat do u think , nigeria is undoubtedly free from such .
Re: What Can Help Electricity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 25, 2014
donnaira:
nuclear power plant will be good & efficient considering the huge deposit of uranium in northern nigeria ,
as for the japan nuclear disaster remember it was caused by tsunami so wat do u think , nigeria is undoubtedly free from such .

You missed the aspect where I said "To build a nuclear power plant would be quite cumbersome and will require a lot of money and after construction managing it would be another problem, because nuclear plants require a lot of expertise and people to manage it delicately. To be sincere, past events and recurring events does not show that Nigeria as a country manage its facilities adequately."
You know after construction comes management... Please if am wrong correct me..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Wonderful Google Features You Should Be Using / Super-bacteria Are Growing In Space And We're The Ones Breeding Them / Scientists Discover The World's First Warm-blooded Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.