Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

13 Benefits Of Walnuts - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 13 Benefits Of Walnuts (45417 Views)

Walnuts?… Sure, Why Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by elobyobi: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2014
mekuzee1: lyk seriously u don't knw wat walnuts is?? Guess u ar buttie.
Of course I do, bro. It's just that posts are more interesting with pictures. More relatable, more BELIEAVABLE #teampinshureoradonbilivit grin
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by ndidibabe(f): 9:12am On Sep 20, 2014
gbaskiboy: Circuit wE 32 of Jehovah's Witnesses invites you to the Regional Convention. Theme "Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom" On September 19-21 at Daluwon i.e Mowe- Ofada express road, Ogun state Nigeria. Program begins 8:20am Daily...
Why are you derailing every thread now? Hit the field if you need to preach.
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2014
daveP: Who loves walnut like me?
I do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by Edwinmason(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2014
elobyobi:

Why don't you go ahead and tell us what you have achieved with all your sophistication, Mr Mason?
i mean no insult but walnut is a common fruit

1 Like

Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by ndidibabe(f): 9:37am On Sep 20, 2014
mekuzee1: lyk seriously u don't knw wat walnuts is?? Guess u ar buttie.
Butty for where? Some people are just generally not versed.
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by Sijo01(f): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2014
I've been eating this thing everyday since it came out this season like my life depend on it without knowing what benefit it has on the body.............. Now I know I'm on the right track.

Even as I type, I have upto 15nuts for the weekend.

Op, thanks for sharing, this thread increased my love for walnut.

1 Like

Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by greenhope(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2014
African Walnut

1 Like

Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by femi4: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2014
funshyboi: yorubas call it "ahusa" ”Asala"
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by MillerHenry(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Wooow i tot Honey is d only stuff dat has lots of features nd health benefits i never knew Wall nut is still Oga @ d Top. cheesy
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by MillerHenry(m): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2014
Wooow i tot Honey is d only stuff dat has lots of features nd health benefits i never knew Wall nut is still Oga @ d Top.
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by femi4: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2014
priscaoge:
It means 'UKPA' in Igbo n Yoruba call it 'Awusa' 'Asala'
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by femi4: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2014
merieam16: yoruba boi wey no kno Asala tongue
Don't mind him, forming things now
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by arijay(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2014
Op didn't mention Ebola. A prof said it can cure Rbola
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by tbaby534(f): 10:40am On Sep 20, 2014
Same old story. Every food is good but too much of everything is bad
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by garri4all: 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is African walnut. It is different from this walnut that the article is probably talking about
This is what everyone outside Africa calls walnut

Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by Maureenurch(f): 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
Good to hear but I hate it dnt wat wud ever make me taste it
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by leonard509(m): 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
[b][/b]picture of walnuts doing all these or #itsalie
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by ebonyjummy(f): 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
funshyboi: yorubas call it "ahusa"
"Asala"
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by daveP(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
FrankySnow: I do. wink

I nor even read am before. So walnut makes skin glows? shocked makes one sleep well and all op posted above? shocked shocked no wonder its somehow expensive.

I love it sha. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that after eating it drinking water becomes a problem for me because when in do my mouth become bitter for some time, not for too long tho.

Also when in buy, in sometimes see lots of bad once ..........na luck sha. undecided
why drink water afterwards? That would trigger u hating it eventually, cos twill be bitter of course. Aboki get am in quantity! wink
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by Edwinmason(m): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
naijathings:

How does "not knowing what a walnut is" make anyone primitive?
And how does this help in teaching him/her what a walnut is?
We live and we learn.
because walnut is wat we have being seeing since childhood
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by daveP(m): 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
greenhope: African Walnut
shocked u want me to waste the 500naira i have in my wallet. Beware o grin grin

why is a b.o.ki a censored word. I wrote it en saw 'northerner' instead

1 Like

Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by daveP(m): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
IfyAngela:
I do
hmm cheesy goeas well with roasted corn!
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by kaybosedemi(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
I grew up knowing that drinking water after eating walnut is like chewing chloroquine in your mouth. For those #idonbelieveit goons, believing what I am going to say will be like asking you to add bitter leaf into your cup of tea to make it sweeter. Have you ever tried garri and walnut? Strange....I never believed it when I was told...Water,garri and walnut ? .. Bitter.. Over my dead body..O boi when I try d thing ehn I nor believe am. Just like using coconut to eat bread..Very sweet...Do not believe it? A trial will surely convince you.

1 Like

Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by funshyboi(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=femi4][/quote] its ahusa we call it ere in ogbomosho !
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by funshyboi(m): 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
kaybosedemi: I grew up knowing that drinking water after eating walnut is like chewing chloroquine in your mouth. For those #idonbelieveit goons, believing what I am going to say will be like asking you to add bitter leaf into your cup of tea to make it sweeter. Have you ever tried garri and walnut? Strange....I never believed it when I was told...Water,garri and walnut ? .. Bitter.. Over my dead body..O boi when I try d thing ehn I nor believe am. Just like using coconut to eat bread..Very sweet...Do not believe it? A trial will surely convince you.
so true
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by nekede11(m): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Gudnut
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by pinne: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
Great info. I'd always known that walnut is a good nut but never cared to search out its health benefits.
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by gbaskiboy: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
ndidibabe: Why are you derailing every thread now? Hit the field if you need to preach.
grin
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by Nelrulez(m): 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
How I wish I'd read dis a day earlier. Just yesterday, I was coming back from work and a Lady said something about hawking walnut at 9th and was like what's the benefit of this ugly looking fruit. No one had anything educative to say. I pray I run into the lady again, maybe I'll be able to enlighten her more on the benefits of walnut.
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by will2lead(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
Me, I have my own reservations abt dis guy called malnut Ooº°˚˚˚°º, i never buy am before witout meeting one bad one, and to make matas worst if the last one u hv been saving ur saliva for happens to be d bad one... Anyways, i enjoy it always...
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by chlowi(f): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
ARES: Ok then i guess it will now be walnut cereal,
madam put one pomo and 2 walnut. agege bread with walnut.....
mr big's fiesta with walnut.... you got ebola? try some walnut.....
how about malaria....
try some of that good shiit too..... you going bald at 30 even though your father and great grand father were bald,..... here is some walnut and watch as u grow some bonny M fro.... you wanna open a sperm bank.... here is 2 sacks of walnut....
, grin grin grin grin
you want big booobies, try some walnut

how about over sized asss..... walnut to the rescue

throw away that expensive whitenicious and have some walnut and watch as your skin will be used as light source in the dark..... grin grin grin grin grin

you wanna give your chic 9 inches instead of 3.... ummmmm not sure about this one but hey u can eat 10 sacks of walnut too just to be sure.

when people start pulling statistics out of their asss for us to read without a verifiable source then I guess they equally need this miracle walnut for extra brain matter

Lmao. This really cracked me!!!
Re: 13 Benefits Of Walnuts by elobyobi: 8:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Edwinmason: i mean no insult but walnut is a common fruit

Then don't use insulting words, bro. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yam And Palmoil Sauce. Village Style / New Year Soup Prepared By Me / Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.