Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers (610 Views)

How God Answers Prayers / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / My God Answers Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by Lateralmaths(m): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2014
During World War II, a soldier was separated from his unit on an island. The fighting had been intense,
and in the smoke and the crossfire he had lost touch with his comrades. Alone in the jungle, he could hear enemy soldiers coming in his direction. Scrambling for cover, he found his way up a high ridge to several small caves in the rock. Quickly he crawled inside one of the caves. Although safe for the moment, he realized that once the enemy soldiers looking for him swept up the ridge, they would quickly search all the caves and he would be killed. As he waited, he
prayed, "Lord, please spare my life. Whatever will happen, I love you and trust you. Amen." After praying, he lay quietly listening to the enemy begin
to draw close. He thought, "Well, I guess the Lord
isn’t going to help me out of this one." Then he saw a spider begin to build a web over the front of his
cave. "Hah" he thought. "What I need is a brick wall
and what the Lord has sent me is a spider web. God does have a sense of humor." As the enemy drew closer he watched from the darkness of his
hide out and could see them searching one cave after another. As they came to his, he got ready to make his last stand, but then he heard the leader of the soldiers say, "you may as well ignore looking in this cave... if he had entered here this web would
be broken!" So they left and he was delivered! To his amazement, however, after glancing in the direction of his cave, they moved on. Suddenly, he realized that with the spider web over the entrance, his cave looked as if no one had entered for quite a while. "Lord, forgive me," prayed the young man. "I had
forgotten that in you a spider's web is stronger than a brick wall.
Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by Mega2010(m): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Really an amazing story.God always know how to protect his people

1 Like

Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2014
"In Jesus, a spider's web is stronger than a brick wall"

Words on marble!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by Hermanie(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2014
God is great
Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 20, 2014
He works in ways we do not understand, really inspiring.
Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by hungryboy(m): 8:37am On Sep 20, 2014
this miracle stories are always full of exaggerations,
dude got lucky that's all

1 Like

Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by Lateralmaths(m): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2014
hungryboy: this miracle stories are always filled with exaggerations,
dude got lucky that's all
pls define lucky.

1 Like

Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by hungryboy(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2014
Lateralmaths: pls define lucky.
lucky is when your comrades are killed and u are lucky to escape with your life

1 Like

Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by Lateralmaths(m): 9:01am On Sep 20, 2014
hungryboy: lucky is when your comrades are killed and u are lucky to escape with your life
lucky is simply God showing up for you.
Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by Lateralmaths(m): 9:02am On Sep 20, 2014
technophantom: "In Jesus, a spider's web is stronger than a brick wall"

Words on marble!
no better way to say it.so true
Re: A Story That Shows How God Answers Prayers by hungryboy(m): 9:10am On Sep 20, 2014
Lateralmaths: lucky is simply God showing up for you.
and for those he doesn't show up for?

(1) (Reply)

For Those Who Don't Believe In God / SCOAN Replies Vanguard Over Misleading Report Of Collapse Building / Which Christian Worship Song Up Lift's Your Spirit Most??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.