Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat (1700 Views)

I Think Tecno Wants To Beat The Guinness World Record with their Boom J7 / Apple Is Fading,begs People To Swap Android Phones With Iphones / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2014
Yes, this is another Apple vs Android article and yes there will be plenty more.

A lot of people think Apple is no longer delivering the best smartphones in the market and they are just riding on popularity and a very loyal customer base. Apple announced its iPhone 6 and added two new products to its line; iPhone 6+ and Apple Watch. As usual many android users, manufacturers included jumped on their smartphones (Thank you apple) and started bashing the products.
Why?

The above picture is truly eye opening but it does not in anyway paint the true picture. Let me start by reminding or educating you on what Apple products are truly about – “Usability & Innovation”.

Features tell, Benefits sell.

There will always be phones with more megapixels in their cameras.
There will always be phones which have more pixel density on their screens.
There will always be phones that have much more memory
There will always be phones which port larger battery capacities.
There will always be phones which have an SD slot.
There will always be phones which use universal standards, such as USB.
There will always be phones which are much lower in price with much better features.

When you buy a mattress, what you really want to experience is a good night sleep. Bottom line: there will always be products with better features but can they offer the benefits of Apple products?

[img]http://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/4096/as-images.apple.com/is/image/AppleInc/aos/published/images/i/ph/iphone6/lob/iphone6-lob-hero-bb-201409?wid=393&hei=602&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=95&.v=1410265774591[/img]

Security & Stability

Apple does not open its OS because it wants a secure environment for your device, hence no external storage support, bluetooth app and so on. You are only able to installed signed apps only.

You really can’t blame a mother for protecting the innocence of her child, can you?

Apple devices are secure and stable, it rarely crashes and this is because apple controls what gets into an Apple device and how it gets in.
Quality Design.

In an industry still dominated by plastic products, Apple obviously still leads in this department. Today it’s gorilla glass patent, tomorrow its sapphire glass technology, the truth is Apple puts a lot of thought into its design and this leads to devices that look better and feel natural when using them.

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are larger and yet thinner than its predecessors and like all Apple products it still has a unique look and feel.
Processor & Performance

Apple A7 chips was the first and is still the only 64-bit cellphone processor. This delivers more efficiency in the code, a better battery life, quicker responsiveness and of course better features.

The iPhone 6 & 6+ features a 64-bit architecture, a faster chip; A8 & an M8 motion coprocessor.
Camera

The iPhone rocks an 8mp camera but megapixel doesn’t determine picture quality, the iPhone 5s camera has held its own against Samsung’s latest smartphone Samsung S5.

The new iPhones come with an even better camera, an additional sensor, optical image stabilization and a couple of other neat features.
Usability

“Easier-to-use is harder to do”.

This is the one area where many android manufacturers are playing catch up.

Apple understands the true value of technology is to make our life easier. This explains why NFC is just coming to the iPhone and why the iPhone isn’t water resistant yet. For Apple it is all about matured technology.
iOS

Many people feel constrained by the iOS and Apple is responding to that by loosening its grip on the OS. The iOS 7 opened up the iOS so much that I no longer feel the need to Jailbreak my phone and iOS 8 opens it even further. The IOS 7 was a complete redesign yet it didn’t feel strange, it does not lag or crash often, it still feels very much like an iPhone.
NFC

A lot of android phones come with NFC but a lot of android users are yet to even enjoy the NFC technology.

Apple is finally adding NFC but it isn’t a lone wolf, it comes with Apple Pay. Apple Pay is new and we have no idea how it is going to work out but one thing is certain, it is already gaining ground.
File Transfer

You want Music, we have iTunes.

You need apps & Games, checkout the Appstore.

You need books, we’ve got you covered.

Magazines, try Newsstand.

NFC payment, try Apple Pay.

Bottom Line, Apple wants a closed operating system.
Bigger Screens

Steve Jobs said no one was going to buy phones with bigger screens “you can’t get your hand around it”, “no one’s going to buy that.”.

The original iPhone was the biggest iPhone in the market when it launched and yet here we are, apple iPhone 5 had a taller screen and once again here we are. Steve Jobs was obviously thinking along the lines of user experience but he ignored how the smartphone and tablets are becoming more important in our lives, it makes a PC look obsolete sometimes and for that Steve Jobs was wrong.

Apple recognized that people love bigger screens and it responded to that by creating a phone with a bigger screen and so as not to ruin the iPhone for people who are not crazy about bigger screens, we have the iPhone 6+.
Newer Features
Siri

Apple introduced an interactive voice assistant named Siri when it released iPhone 4s and back then it was a game changer, now every smartphone has their own voice assistant. Siri keeps getting better and smarter with every iOS update.
Touch ID

Where many have tried and failed, Apple’s touch ID passed in flying colors. It is fast, easy to use and as secure as a fingerprint technology can be.
Health & Fitness

Apple has identified that the health and fitness industry could use more personal technology and they are already responding by taking health & fitness into consideration in iOS 8. The Apple Watch, iPhone 6 & Iphone 6+ are all designed with fitness and health apps in mind.

iPhone Saves Lives Also

US Paratrooper Joel Stubleski dodged a bullet during his tour in Afghanistan, when his iPhone which was in his pocket prevented an enemy round from entering his femoral artery during a firefight.

Apple vs Android

The major difference between Apple and many android devices is that Apple adopts only matured Technology while the others are running the feature race.

There was a time apple adopted a technology (Apple Maps) that wasn’t half ready and the backlash was terrible, needless to say, there was an apology and someone lost his job.

Samsung and other Android smartphone manufacturers keep adding more bogus features, year after year, yet the devices feel the same. Let’s take a look at smart Scroll, air gestures and air view that came in the Samsung S4, how much impact have these features had towards improving users experience?

Product differentiation is something Samsung and other android manufacturers are still battling with.

Apple has succeeded so far because they understand that the user experience is key to the whole process and that is why Apple leads and others follow, sometimes a little too closely.

Ever wondered why every new phone is compared to the iPhone, or why Samsung, Nokia and everyone else seem to be dissing Apple products in their ads?

Apple is still the brand to beat, it is the brand that speaks and the whole world listens, it is the brand that is worth your attention and once again the iPhone 6 set a new record; over four million pre-orders in 24 hours.

SOURCE : http://geek.ng/2014/09/iphone-6-proves-apple-brand-beat.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by datguru: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2014
Story for the gods

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Edwinmason(m): 11:51am On Sep 20, 2014
So make i carry 450k take buy phone abi
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Edwinmason: So make i carry 450k take buy phone abi

it's not up to that http://geek.ng/2014/09/iphone-6-iphone-6-plus-specifications-price-features.html
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Kessleek(m): 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
Even though you type from now till blabla. This topic nor go land front page cause...

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by basille(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
In as much as i love me some android, still can't deny some iota of truth in the write-up. That doesn't change the fact that apple products are rip-offs!

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by gustav25: 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
iPhone 6 ooooh or no iPhone 6.......please make una give me lg g3 or oppo find 7......I dislike little screens

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Edwinmason(m): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
koresma26:

it's not up to that http://geek.ng/2014/09/iphone-6-iphone-6-plus-specifications-price-features.html
who tell you?dat is d estimate amount in naira
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kessleek: Even though you type from now till blabla. This topic nor go land front page cause...
If to say u be GOD . .i no no wetin u go do. . Well u no be seun .so who are you to jugde?
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Kexs: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
The post was too long to read it finish. (-_-)
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by dasphinx1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
briantex: Human beings

Hmmm, Human beings.....
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by encryptjay(m): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Not a bad comparism I tell ya
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by dasphinx1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
briantex: angry angry

grin
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Thayay(m): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Kessleek: Even though you type from now till blabla. This topic nor go land front page cause...
lol of d lolest order...abeg no kill me with laugh
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dont waste your time explaining... Nothing can make a techno user buy iphone 6plus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by ndubisik(m): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
tumababa: Dont waste your time explaining... Nothing can make a techno user buy iphone 6plus.
And that's obviously because they can't afford it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
ndubisik:
And that's obviously because they can't afford it.
Thank You Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by phazotron(m): 11:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
datguru:
Story for the gods

Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by phazotron(m): 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
lg g3 or one plus one ova this shyte!!!!!
Re: iPhone 6 Proves Once Again Why Apple Is The Brand To Beat by donlyone(m): 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Apple has definitely found a way to brainwash people, I wasn't sure before but after reading this article I can say it boldly.

I just hope the extent of brainwashing is limited to buying behaviour.

Please join me Oooo. #bring our brain back#

https://www.nairaland.com/1946948/apple-brainwashing-products

(1) (Reply)

Can MTN BB Subscription Work On My Infinix Hot Note? / Why Would HTC Copy Apple? / See 9 Reasons You Run Out Of Data Before The End Of Your Validity Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.