Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,069 members, 7,953,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) (3430 Views)

How A Baby Is Formed In The Womb In Pictures / Video Shows Twins Fighting In The Womb / 4D Scans Show Fetuses Yawn In The Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by Osu175(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2014
The things babies do in the womb that you never knew about…..:

1. They develop tastes for certain foods. Has pregnancy
given you insatiable cravings for Taco Bell? If so, expect
your kid to be a chalupa connoisseur himself. That’s
because the nutrients in the food you eat seep into your
amniotic fluid, which the fetus gulps down and can “taste”
by 20 weeks. And your tastes rub off: One study found that
mothers who regularly ate carrots gave birth to little bunny-
wannabe babies who love carrots more than babies whose
moms didn’t eat this vegetable much.

2. They react to stress. In one study at Durham and
Lancaster universities in England, the more anxiety moms
reported, the more often their fetuses used their left hands
to touch their face. This suggests that a mom’s emotions
might impact their movements in subtle and surprising
ways. It also suggests that moms really should try to relax.

3. They practice facial expressions. By observing 4D scans of
fetuses, scientists at Durham and Lancaster Universities
found that by 24 weeks, unborn babies could achieve “two
dimensional” facial expressions such as curling their mouth
in a smile. By 36 weeks, unborn babies could achieve more
complex facial expressions including “pain” though lowered
eyebrows, wrinkled nose, and stretched mouth.

4. They cry. Silently. Which makes us want to cry, too. In one
study that video recorded ultrasounds of fetuses during the
third trimester, startling the baby with a low-decibel noise
against the mother’s abdomen caused their fetuses to
display traditional crying behavior, such as opening their
mouths, depressing their tongues, and gasping irregularly.
Researchers even spotted that telltale quivering lower lip.

5. They recognize nursery rhymes. In one study conducted
at the University of Florida, researchers asked pregnant
women to read classic verses to their unborn babies twice a
day for several weeks during their third trimester. In
response, the fetal heart rate slowed when the rhymes were
read by mom, or even when read by strangers a few weeks
later. This suggests that the babies were thinking “Hey, I
don’t know who’s narrating, but it’s my favorite: Mother
Goose!”

6. They also recognize songs. In another study conducted at
the University of Helsinki, researchers played “Twinkle
Twinkle Little Star” over and over during the mom’s third
trimester. After birth, they played the song again. EEG
readings via electrodes on the infants’ heads showed
greater brain activity for infants who’d heard the song in
utero than for those who hadn’t. This suggests that they
could name that tune.

7. They anticipate touch. Researchers at the University of
Durham used 4D ultrasound scans to track the movements
of fetuses during the third trimester, and found that by the
nine-month mark, fetuses started opening their mouths
prior to touching this area. This suggests they’d finally put
two and two together — i.e., “Hey, hand headed toward
mouth for some quality thumb sucking! Open up!”

Source: -ThingsThatYouMissed

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by dryakson(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2014
Allah is great

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by flexxyworld(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2014
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by constance500: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
Interesting but not interested..

I neva Wan make dem dey call me "Daddy junior" cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by Sabadon(m): 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
and some folks say there is no God
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by ifaoni(m): 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
wonderful. Buy your cheap datas with bonus. Check my signature.
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Wonderful
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
dryakson: Allah is great
yh he is....
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
When expectants mothers say they feel their baby kicking and turning in their womb,i juss begin to wonder abeg ma pple give the lord a big hand. Praise be to almighty GOD.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by Hollyb(f): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
God is indeed great. Awamaridi nise Oluwa

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by 2cato: 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
Most of the research are not necce$sary.
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by adrelanine: 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
2cato: Most of the research are not necce$sary.
you must be a person that can't be easily satisfied... You re suffering from a sickness .. I pray u get over it..
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by 2cato: 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
adrelanine: I must be a person that can't be easily satisfied... I am suffering from a sickness .. I pray i get over it..
fixed
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by adrelanine: 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
2cato: fixed
its is always tough to handle goats like you.. U will always come back..I knw u will edit this one too.. Ode.. Mere looking at ur username, its obvious u. And ur brain are at arms lenght.. Omeode..I knw u will edit this one too ooo. Eran
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by 2cato: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
adrelanine: its is always tough to handle goats like me.. I will always come back..I knw i will edit this one too.. Ode.. Mere looking at my username, its obvious i And my brain are at arms lenght.. Omeode..I knw i will edit this one too ooo. Eran malu ninu igbo
fixed
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by Nobody: 1:37am On Sep 21, 2014
All very true.

Babies: Tiny creatures but huge geniuses.
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by alentyno: 5:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Only 7? I did more
Re: 7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm...heart fluttering beautifully kiss

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To 8.7 Kilo Baby Boy / Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Snake As Their Symbol/logo / This Is Strange! He Was Struck By A White Thunder And His Skin Change Completely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.