Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? (837 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / Hiring A Corporate Nanny/househelp? How Wise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by urchbarbie(f): 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
I was at a wedding today and I saw the gifts being received by the couple's personels. It was opened and the content taken record of. IMO I think its a wise decision considering the level of wickedness in the hearts of man. Pls if na u, u fit do am?
Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by Rexphobia(m): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
I won't have time for that ish...All gifts should be monetised

1 Like

Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by urchbarbie(f): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
True! Quiet safe too
Rexphobia: I won't have time for that ish...All gifts should be monetised
Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
I think it's a Nice move.
You don't want the gift, you return it there and then.
Simple...

1 Like

Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by egopersonified(f): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
And if its cheap you will hand it back? Fyi, most wedding gifts are all items you can buy yourself easily, so why embarass someone who is just trying to make you happy. Then again, as a product of our traditions, they might just be checking for jazz.

2 Likes

Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
What's the essence?
Majority of the people I see doing it, is to know what you brought bc it would be a determinant of the 'soveineur' you would leave with.

-This doesn't make sense to me, on my wedding day, I had a standard general gift. Then I had the one for VIPs. I didn't have to open anything in the reception. My youngsis was familiar with all the guest, so she knew what to give to each person.

...majority of my gifts were monitized though...lol. There was virtually nothing I didn't have before my wedding. I just didn't want any1 giving me double property.
Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by blessedqueen(f): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kachisbarbie: What's the essence?
Majority of the people I see doing it, is to know what you brought bc it would be a determinant of the 'soveineur' you would leave with.

-This doesn't make sense to me, on my wedding day, I had a standard general gift. Then I had the one for VIPs. I didn't have to open anything in the reception. My youngsis was familiar with all the guest, so she knew what to give to each person.

...majority of my gifts were monitized though...lol. There was virtually nothing I didn't have before my wedding. I just didn't want any1 giving me double property.

Hmmmmmm interesting
Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by Sammyblaq(m): 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
bullshit. If u'r planning on such event...never look @ the gifts/envelops u'll be recieving. Plan and have sourveniers for ur guests.
Opening it there n then is very much embrassing and let down to oneself...
Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by simplyOJ(m): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
Opening the gift before your guest could be very embarrassing and perceived as being arrogant. It's like you gave a gift of cash to someone, and he stood before you counting it, like you are paying back money he borrowed you. You may as well tell them to keep their gifts.
Re: Opening Of Wedding Gifts In Front Of The Giver........how Wise? by egopersonified(f): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
simplyOJ: Opening the gift before your guest could be very embarrassing and perceived as being arrogant. It's like you gave a gift of cash to someone, and he stood before you counting it, like you are paying back money he borrowed you. You may as well tell them to keep their gifts.

So on point!

(1) (Reply)

What Factor Can Make A Mother To Work Against Her Son? / Mother Inlaws / Save 90% Of Your Money And Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply With Inverter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.