Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God (852 Views)

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad / Christians,scholars,-what Was The Age Difference Between Jesus Nd John D Baptist / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by asamaigho(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
It become confusing to so many as to the personality of God and so many arguments and questions have arising and the answers given hav not helped matters and has thrown many into a "limbo" of confusion and has threathen the faith of many. Now let us look into bible facts and understand what God has to say.
WHO IS JESUS?
lets go to isaiah7:14 .. Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The
virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will
call him Immanuel(God is with us).nlt new livin trans..

isaiah 9:6 For unto us a CHILD is born.,into us a SON is given and his gobt shall be on his shoulder, and his name shall be calledWONDERFUL,COUNCELLOR,THE MIGHTY GOD,THE PRINCE OF PEACE..... isaiah was one the prophets that prophesied abt d coming of Jesus and notice one of the names, he shall be called (mighty God).,God wit us(mankind), this thus suffix dat God will be mad manifest in d form of a man.
During the sojourn of d israelite in egypt God sent moses to israelites. (exodus 3:14 and God said unto moses I AM THAT I AM : thus thou shall say to the children of israel I AM hath sent me unto you,).
LETS CHECK THE NEW TESTAMENT
Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I
and the Father are one.” When first encountered, this might
not seem to be a claim to be God. However, when we look
at the Jews’ reaction to His statement, “For a good work we
stone thee not; replied the Jews, but for blasphemy; and
because that thou, being a man, makest thyself
God.” (John 10:33). Now we see an actual claim. The Jews
understood Jesus’ statement to be a claim to be God. In the
following verses, Jesus never corrects the Jews by saying, “I
did not claim to be God.” That indicates Jesus was truly
saying He was God by declaring, “ I and the Father are
one ” (John 10:30).
anoda great example is found in d book of John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, "I say unto
you, Before Abraham was, I AM . " Again, in response, the
Jews take up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus (John
8:59). Why would the Jews want to stone Jesus if He hadn’t
said something they believed to be blasphemous, namely, a
claim to be God?
Now lets read some verses in d book of john 1(amp)... 1 IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God [b]Himself.(A)

2He was present originally with God.

3All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.

4In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.

5And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it].
,these verse refers to Jesus as the word of God which was God and later became flesh... ps 138:2 God says he exalt his word above his name.
THE GREAT MYSTERY
1 timothy 3:16 ...and without controversy great is mystery of GODLINESS,GOD was manifested in FLESH,justified in the SPIRITY, seen of angels,preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world and recieved up in glory...

this write is for believers that are guided by the bible.
@asamaigho.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by asamaigho(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
back comments with scritures,explanations and avoid irrelevant arguments. we are here to learn.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by sebali: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thank u bros......i read a Jehovah Witness book today and they slammed d Trinity calling it heresy and i said to myself(a non practicing CATHOLIC), I was gonna peruse d bible and gt every fact necessary from both sides i.e re examine my believes.
TANX dis has been helpful, I would start with thesw points u raised and go further were possible.

BTW: over to the J-Wees.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by asamaigho(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
sebali: Thank u bros......i read a Jehovah Witness book today and they slammed d Trinity calling it heresy and i said to myself(a non practicing CATHOLIC), I was gonna peruse d bible and gt every fact necessary from both sides i.e re examine my believes.
TANX dis has been helpful, I would start with thesw points u raised and go further were possible.

BTW: over to the J-Wees.
thankx man....
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by firefox4th(m): 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is where the Holy spirit comes in because it is revelational to know that JESUS IS GOD
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by kudoxs(m): 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by Lilimax(f): 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
There is no difference between Jesus Christ and God. God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit are the same. These three are one. FYI, this is a mystery beyond human understanding smiley Trying to unravel it with your head knowledge may lead you to Yaba left embarassed Accept it as it is and there is no controversy smiley ORDER!

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by AfricanApple(f): 2:24am On Sep 21, 2014
no offence o but I am wondering how god will leave his throne and come down to earth in human flesh and still be worshipping... who?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by asamaigho(m): 5:50am On Sep 21, 2014
AfricanApple: no offence o but I am wondering how god will leave his throne and come down to earth in human flesh and still be worshipping... who?
dat is y it is called a mystery....d humam nreain cant understand it cos its beyond our capacity,u will need d holy spirit to get dis revelation. nokia 3310 cant do what a galaxy s5 can...
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 6:36am On Sep 21, 2014
Simple. God (Jehovah, Yahweh) is his Father. Jesus is his son. If they are the same, it means they bear the same surname eg Someone addressing you and your Father as Mr Okere/Adebola/Adamu. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by asamaigho(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: Simple. God (Jehovah, Yahweh) is his Father. Jesus is his son. If they are the same, it means they bear the same surname eg Someone addressing you and your Father as Mr Okere/Adebola/Adamu. grin

THE GREAT MYSTERY
1 timothy 3:16 ...and without controversy great is mystery
of GODLINESS,GOD was manifested in FLESH,justified in
the SPIRITY, seen of angels,preached unto the gentiles,
believed on in the world and recieved up in glory...

and compare with john 1 1-8 that will give a better understand of the mission vision of jesus christ on earth.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 21, 2014
God the Father,God the Son,God the Holy spirit..

Then why did Jesus say no one can get to His Father,except through Him,since They are One.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Jesus And God by Kei144(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Jn. 17:1 After Jesus said this, he looked towards heaven and prayed: “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
Jn. 17:2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
Jn. 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus Christ himself said that eternal life depends critically on accurate understanding of who God is and who Jesus Christ (whom God sent to the world) is. It is very unfortunate that gentiles messed up the Church with their false doctrines, so that today Christians do not clearly know the difference between God and Jesus Christ.

If you study the NT well enough and without the bias of the false doctrines of gentiles, you will realize that Jesus Christ before resurrection is different from Jesus Christ after resurrection. Jesus did not go about doing miracles until the Holy Spirit came upon him after baptism in the River Jordan. When the rich young ruler called Jesus "good teacher", he rejected the idea of somebody calling him good and said that only God is good. Before his death and resurrection, Jesus did not know the timing of his second coming; but as he was about to ascend to heaven, he told his disciples that it was not for them to know. He later showed John the sign of Revelation 12, an astronomical sign that pinpoints the time of the end.

Professor Bill Napier, an astronomy expert at the University of Buckingham, said a strike by either an asteroid or debris from a comet could have devastating consequences.

He said: "If something like this happened, depending on where it hit it would be absolutely life-altering.

"The atmospheric chemistry would be upset by cutting out sunlight. It would be like a nuclear winter and could last for tens of thousands of years.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/507480/Asteroid-Strikes-Earth-Damage-Nasa-Destruction

Mt. 24:29 “Immediately after the distress of those days “`the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
Mt. 24:30 “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

https://www.nairaland.com/1879139/future-map-world/1#26482685

Can you compare Jesus' description of asteroids pelting the earth just before his second coming with the explanation of the professor? You notice clearly that Jesus described a revelation given to him, just like any man of his days would. After the same Jesus Christ was glorified, he gave Apostle John clearer revelations.

Jesus Christ started in the world as a new man (an Adam). Because he pleased God, contrary to the first Adam, God glorified him by filling him with all the fulness of godliness. The good news or gospel is that any human being today who follows Jesus Christ and pleases God like Jesus Christ will also be glorified like Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, gentiles have corrupted the gospel. They now teach that once you ask Jesus to come into your heart, you are already a candidate to be filled with all the fulness of godliness, whether you live a life that pleases God or not.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Obinim Steps On A Pregnant Woman / Bishop Obinim Denies Woman He Stepped On Was Pregnant / VIDEO: Rev.fr Mbaka's Preaching About how Goodluck Jonathan Has Failed Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.