Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! (937 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / NO CHURCH TODAY. Who Else Is Not Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 6:00am On Sep 21, 2014
Pls can some1 help me? I have been riding around and it is 1030am already, yet l couldnt find any church. All l see is Bhudi temples and Hindu temples. Am in lndore region. Can some1 help?
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by tunde705(m): 6:22am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor: Pls can some1 help me? I have been riding around and it is 1030am already, yet l couldnt find any church. All l see is Bhudi temples and Hindu temples. Am in lndore region. Can some1 help?
I SUGGEST YOU ASK THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU THERE... THE NAMES YOU JUST MENTIONED ARE ALIEN TO MOST OF US ON THIS FORUM.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by echobee(f): 6:25am On Sep 21, 2014
How we wan take know? angry
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by flinton(m): 6:55am On Sep 21, 2014
Use your fone, 'Google map' Wat u at looking for
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by Sanchez01: 6:58am On Sep 21, 2014
echobee: How we wan take know? angry
All he needs is a place of worship and I believe he came around only to ask people, perhaps if they know any church and all you could is to respond in such manner? Is it mandatory you comment on every thread even though you have no iota of the subject matter?

1 Like

Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by bigtt76(f): 7:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Depending on where you are staying. I saw a catholic church on my way to Agra from Noida so ask around. All the best wink
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by bigtt76(f): 7:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Nor mind am ..e nor sabi when we dey serious or unserious for here. Not every topic you troll on undecided

Sanchez01: All he needs is a place of worship and I believe he came around only to ask people, perhaps if they know any church and all you could is to respond in such manner? Is it mandatory you comment on every thread even though you have no iota of the subject matter?
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by spanzed(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2014
My brother if u didn't get a church...better go home..u have tried ur best..before indian boko haram hold you for ransom.. grin
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by echobee(f): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Sanchez01: All he needs is a place of worship and I believe he came around only to ask people, perhaps if they know any church and all you could is to respond in such manner? Is it mandatory you comment on every thread even though you have no iota of the subject matter?
u ave bn noticed. Hp u re ok now?

1 Like

Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor: Pls can some1 help me? I have been riding around and it is 1030am already, yet l couldnt find any church. All l see is Bhudi temples and Hindu temples. Am in lndore region. Can some1 help?

You didn't mention the state where you're located in India.

If you are in New Delhi, go towards green park. There's a penticostal church owned by an Indian,its called Global Harvest Church. There's also a Christian school called Mount Carmel and it has up to 4 branches. I attended a church in Anand Niketan, Delhi owned by a Zimbabwian Zambian. In that same Mount Carmel school, there's Deeper Life Church, Redeemed Christian Church of God, Sacred heart catholic church cathedral, st. Theresa church etc all In Delhi.

There are numerous Catholics and Anglican churches in Delhi, Mumbai, Dwarka, Guragoan. Etc just go online google it or ask around you can either take a taxi and tell the driver you're looking for a church or talk to a auto rickshaw AKA keke napep to take you to a church.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2014
tunde705: I SUGGEST YOU ASK THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU THERE... THE NAMES YOU JUST MENTIONED ARE ALIEN TO MOST OF US ON THIS FORUM.

My brother, most ppl seem not to understand English and the ones who do....intonation problem. You mean lndore is alien? Ok l flew into lndore from Mumbai lastweek Monday and it was less than 2hrs or so. Which area r you?
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2014
bigtt76: Depending on where you are staying. I saw a catholic church on my way to Agra from Noida so ask around. All the best wink

Thanks ma. Are those areas you mentioned in lndore here?
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 8:03am On Sep 21, 2014
spanzed: My brother if u didn't get a church...better go home..u have tried ur best..before indian boko haram hold you for ransom.. grin

Indian boko? Lol. Bro, l just have to worship. I entered a Bhudist temple on Thursday (for fun though), it was just like idol worshipping to me.
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 21, 2014
@ bolded, sorry I just saw your location. I've done a google search and here are some result

St. Anne's Church, White Church, Red Church,
India Cipbc Church, Christian Eminent Church,
Hosanna Gate Church, Maria Church, Press Biterin Church, Catholic Bishop House, St Josephs Church, Pentecostal Mission Church,
Nanda Nagar Church etc

I'd advice you to take a taxi or an auto rickshaw. They know the city well.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 8:12am On Sep 21, 2014
lomomike:

You didn't mention the state where you're located in India.

If you are in New Delhi, go towards green park. There's a penticostal church owned by an Indian,its called Global Harvest Church. There's also a Christian school called Mount Carmel and it has up to 4 branches. I attended a church in Anand Niketan, Delhi owned by a Zimbabwian Zambian. In that same Mount Carmel school, there's Deeper Life Church, Redeemed Christian Church of God, Sacred heart catholic church cathedral, st. Theresa church etc all In Delhi.

There are numerous Catholics and Anglican churches in Delhi, Mumbai, Dwarka, Guragoan. Etc just go online google it or ask around you can either take a taxi and tell the driver you're looking for a church or talk to a auto rickshaw AKA keke napep to take you to a church.

Thanks sir. Am actually just one week now in India. The state is Madhya Pradesh. And Indore is the largest city in the state, am in Mhow part. Another funny thing to me is that entered a babber shop yesterday and he couldnt barb my hair. I had to tell him to just skin everything. It was so deppressing.
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor:

Thanks sir. Am actually just one week now in India. The state is Madhya Pradesh. And Indore is the largest city in the state, am in Mhow part. Another funny thing to me is that entered a babber shop yesterday and he couldnt barb my hair. I had to tell him to just skin everything. It was so deppressing.

Its funny and really depressing at the same time, I feel your pain bro. Get a piece of wahl hair clipper and take it along when you wish to have a haircut then show them how to trim it. If you have a picture of a good hairstyle, show them and tell them to do it for you. They can't handle our hair and the styles we barb because of the nature of their hair. Hang out with decent legitimate friends because right now Indian law enforcement are serious about illegal acts perpetuated by folks especially Nigerians because Nigerians have committed many atrocities India. Have your documents valid, and watch how you move around in India so you don't enter anti black gang neighbourhood or a rouge neighbourhood which could lead to your being attacked.

India could be so boring, stale, and annoying especially for new immigrants who goes there and discover how silly Indians could act. Their spitting habit is one huge annoying trait they possess. But with time, you'd develop a strong bond and love for the Country.

Are you there for studies or you work there?

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor:

Indian boko? Lol. Bro, l just have to worship. I entered a Bhudist temple on Thursday (for fun though), it was just like idol worshipping to me.

wtf.
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by mmsen: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2014
The OP sounds just like a junkie or an alcoholic.

They need their 'fix' of ignorance or they will not be able to survive the week...
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by mmsen: 8:40am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor:

What's the difference between what they do and what you do?

The absence of a statue does that make you any better - you both plead to a dead man for assistance.
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by tunde705(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor:

My brother, most ppl seem not to understand English and the ones who do....intonation problem. You mean lndore is alien? Ok l flew into lndore from Mumbai lastweek Monday and it was less than 2hrs or so. Which area r you?
I SAID SO BECAUSE THIS IS A NIGERIAN FORUM AND MOST PEEPS ON THIS FORUM ARE NIGERIA WHO MIGHT NOT HAVE GONE TO THAT PART OF THE WORLD.
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 9:28am On Sep 21, 2014
lomomike:

Its funny and really depressing at the same time, I feel your pain bro. Get a piece of wahl hair clipper and take it along when you wish to have a haircut then show them how to trim it. If you have a picture of a good hairstyle, show them and tell them to do it for you. They can't handle our hair and the styles we barb because of the nature of their hair. Hang out with decent legitimate friends because right now Indian law enforcement are serious about illegal acts perpetuated by folks especially Nigerians because Nigerians have committed many atrocities India. Have your documents valid, and watch how you move around in India so you don't enter anti black gang neighbourhood or a rouge neighbourhood which could lead to your being attacked.

India could be so boring, stale, and annoying especially for new immigrants who goes there and discover how silly Indians could act. Their spitting habit is one huge annoying trait they possess. But with time, you'd develop a strong bond and love for the Country.

Are you there for studies or you work there?

Thanks sir. I really appreciate. I will do just that. Am here for studies. Even getting a sim card was a litle bit difficult for me.
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2014
tunde705: I SAID SO BECAUSE THIS IS A NIGERIAN FORUM AND MOST PEEPS ON THIS FORUM ARE NIGERIA WHO MIGHT NOT HAVE GONE TO THAT PART OF THE WORLD.

But l knew it also includes Nigerians in diaspora. And ofcourse I expected some one (whether in India or not) who could help to comment.
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2014
mmsen:

What's the difference between what they do and what you do?

The absence of a statue does that make you any better - you both plead to a dead man for assistance.

Bro, why are you so hash now? I dont think av said anything bad and besides, I said "just like" to "me".
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor:

Thanks sir. I really appreciate. I will do just that. Am here for studies. Even getting a sim card was a litle bit difficult for me.

Wow, congrats bro, where do you school? Indians are strict with issuing admission foreigners. Back then, when I wanted to get Vodafone SIM, I had to show proof of nationality by making a photocopy of my int'l passport and Indian Visa. It took me sometime before I was given a sim. In there, its only in few locations you'll see a recharge card. Things are quite orderly there unlike how things are done in a rush and in a haphazard manner back home

Hey bro, don't let these things weigh you down have you tried any of their chicken or veggie momos, indo-chinese rice, chapatti wink
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by infantrydoctor(m): 9:55am On Sep 21, 2014
lomomike:

Wow, congrats bro, where do you school? Indians are strict with issuing admission foreigners. Back then, when I wanted to get Vodafone SIM, I had to show proof of nationality by making a photocopy of my int'l passport and Indian Visa. It took me sometime before I was given a sim. In there, its only in few locations you'll see a recharge card. Things are quite orderly there unlike how things are done in a rush and in a haphazard manner back home

Hey bro, don't let these things weigh you down have you tried any of their chicken or veggie momos, indo-chinese rice, chapatti wink

No no, bro. Nothing weighs me down. Am a strong minded personality. I think av eaten almost everything now and am getting used to them already cos am fed and there is time table for breakfast,lunch n dinner. So for a week av eaten a lot. The only problem is the fact that av not seen beef,fish or goat meat. I also have be stressing my ears b4 I get their English.
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor:

No no, bro. Nothing weighs me down. Am a strong minded personality. I think av eaten almost everything now and am getting used to them already cos am fed and there is time table for breakfast,lunch n dinner. So for a week av eaten a lot. The only problem is the fact that av not seen beef,fish or goat meat. I also have be stressing my ears b4 I get their English.

Oh dear I've forgotten they're mostly vegetarians in India. Those Hindus.
They worship Cows, so don't bother eating a beef there its actually a buffalo you'll get instead.
If you had a house of your own and you can cook, I'd have told you to buy Chicken or Turkey or fish. Its cheap there and they sell it per Kilogram, even their fruits, vegetable and other measurable stuffs. -No cheating but you could bargain grin
Re: I Need A Church! Is There No Church In This Part Of India? Help! by Youngzedd(m): 11:06am On Sep 21, 2014
infantrydoctor:

Welcome to India.

I do speak with a lot of them.

(1) (Reply)

Is There Really God? / Pastor Impregnated 20 Church Members including married women / Sunday Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.