Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960846 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
nonyowen:
Hi everyone.. wonderful work here, God bless u all. Please permit me to digress a little. There is this investment company that gives 10% ROI monthly. I was very skeptical at first so i decided to try them with a small amount (100k) and they have been paying my 10k monthly for 6 months now with a promise that my capital is available whenever i need within 1 week notice. They are not registered with the regulatory institutions except corporate affairs. Now i'm considering increasing to 500k my question is pls is it safe ?. What are your opinions on this kind of company? Do u pple have any experiences wit this. thank u pls respond

ask them to give u your 100k first and watch them for a while...later you invest 50k..downwards...

never invest any 500k to avoid crying in this forum

my 1kobo advice

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 6:28am On Sep 22, 2015
nonyowen:
Hi everyone.. wonderful work here, God bless u all. Please permit me to digress a little. There is this investment company that gives 10% ROI monthly. I was very skeptical at first so i decided to try them with a small amount (100k) and they have been paying my 10k monthly for 6 months now with a promise that my capital is available whenever i need within 1 week notice. They are not registered with the regulatory institutions except corporate affairs. Now i'm considering increasing to 500k my question is pls is it safe ?. What are your opinions on this kind of company? Do u pple have any experiences wit this. thank u pls respond
ponzi scheme alert. U need to report them to SEC. Request for your capital and am sure. It is one story for the gods or d other
Re: Mutual Funds by nonyowen: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
ednut1:
ponzi scheme alert. U need to report them to SEC. Request for your capital and am sure. It is one story for the gods or d other
thanks for ur opinion i will ask for my capital bak by months end. Altho they have never faulted in paying my 10% into my acc every month since i joined
Re: Mutual Funds by nonyowen: 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
ukay2:

ask them to give u your 100k first and watch them for a while...later you invest 50k..downwards...

never invest any 500k to avoid crying in this forum

my 1kobo advice

lol well i wont cry they hav kept their end of the bargain since bt i'll try to retrieve my capital and see how it goes tanx
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
nonyowen:
thanks for ur opinion i will ask for my capital bak by months end. Altho they have never faulted in paying my 10% into my acc every month since i joined

There are businesses that can earn you 10% a month but you need to find out what they do with you money.

There are always pple out there that need money and are willing to pay that much return every month (doubt on 100k though) ...don't be greedy though.

High Risk...High Reward, don't fall into the trap of High Risk...No Reward

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by nonyowen: 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
carpenter:

There are businesses that can earn you 10% a month but you need to find out what they do with you money.

There are always pple out there that need money and are willing to pay that much return every month (doubt on 100k though) ...don't be greedy though.

High Risk...High Reward, don't fall into the trap of High Risk...No Reward
ok well maybe this is one of those businesses. yes they lend the monies to individuals companies and sme's and collect 30% from them. i did some research b4 joining them and honestly i haven't regretted it thats why im finkin of increasing my investment bt i wnted to get general opinions first
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:36am On Sep 23, 2015
nonyowen:
ok well maybe this is one of those businesses. yes they lend the monies to individuals companies and sme's and collect 30% from them. i did some research b4 joining them and honestly i haven't regretted it thats why im finkin of increasing my investment bt i wnted to get general opinions first

I would say keep your 100k there and keep earning your 10%. Before you attempt to withdraw if you intend to, make sure you have collected all your money and maybe some interest. A whole year of being with them gets you 120k...which is 20% on your money in a year (which already beats most investments in financial instruments).

If I were you, at that rate, I will keep the 100k and keep earning my 10k for life ...I would not add to it until I have met people they do business with. I would want to think that is my definition of balancing my risk and reward based on my person.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by nonyowen: 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
carpenter:

I would say keep your 100k there and keep earning your 10%. Before you attempt to withdraw if you intend to, make sure you have collected all your money and maybe some interest. A whole year of being with them gets you 120k...which is 20% on your money in a year (which already beats most investments in financial instruments).

If I were you, at that rate, I will keep the 100k and keep earning my 10k for life ...I would not add to it until I have met people they do business with. I would want to think that is my definition of balancing my risk and reward based on my person.
ythank u thats a very gud one that seem to be the general opinions of the other pple investing with them that i have met. bt 120k on 100k after a year is not 20%
Re: Mutual Funds by Moses247(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2015
got this mail frm fidelity bank.....
Find Below the features of the FSL Bond Indexed Investment Notes.
Regards
FIDELITY SECURITIES LIMITED BOND INDEXED INVESTMENT NOTES
PRODUCT FEATURES: This product was borne out of the need to present our customers with an alternative investment in the capital market; It also comes with the positives of any fixed income instrument (Coupons/Interest). The Investment Note is tied to the purchase and guaranteed returns of FGN and Corporate bonds in the Capital market. It carries the features of a mutual fund but comes with the flexibility of any money market deposits product. This one is particularly indexing the recently issued FIDELITY BANK PLC Corporate Bonds.
• The Interest rate is guaranteed at 13.75% for one year only (After which it will be reviewed in line with prevailing market conditions)
• The Tenor of the Investment is One year (1 year) with a minimum holding period of 270 days. (We however allow lower number of days based on
request)
• Unlike most other Bond Indexed Mutual funds, whose returns fluctuate in response to the Bond market, this Bond Indexed Investment Notes gives a
guaranteed return for the year notwithstanding the performance of the FGN or CORPORATE bonds in the secondary markets.
• Interest are paid to customers every 90 days with automatic renewal thereafter. ( We also allow customers that have monthly cash flow requirements
to take interest monthly)
• Customers are allowed to break the investments whenever the need for cash arises but will have to forfeit 20% of the accrued interest on the
investments.
• It is open ended and investors are allowed to join in the investment anytime.
• There is an Asset manager fee of 0.5% on the accrued interest.
• The Investment is tax Free as it is tied to the tax Free FGN/ Corporate Bonds
• The Minimum Investment is N1M.
• Investment Holders are allowed to increase their investment whenever they wish to do so
hmmmm abeg who don invest in this bond before
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 8:04am On Sep 24, 2015
grin
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2015
nonyowen:
ythank u thats a very gud one that seem to be the general opinions of the other pple investing with them that i have met. bt 120k on 100k after a year is not 20%

Yes 120 on 100k is not 20%. I was referring to if you do not get your money back after 12 months, you would have made 20% on your initial investment...you technically have your 100k back and an additional 20k
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2015
Moses247:
got this mail frm fidelity bank.....
Find Below the features of the FSL Bond Indexed Investment Notes.
Regards
FIDELITY SECURITIES LIMITED BOND INDEXED INVESTMENT NOTES
PRODUCT FEATURES: This product was borne out of the need to present our customers with an alternative investment in the capital market; It also comes with the positives of any fixed income instrument (Coupons/Interest). The Investment Note is tied to the purchase and guaranteed returns of FGN and Corporate bonds in the Capital market. It carries the features of a mutual fund but comes with the flexibility of any money market deposits product. This one is particularly indexing the recently issued FIDELITY BANK PLC Corporate Bonds.
• The Interest rate is guaranteed at 13.75% for one year only (After which it will be reviewed in line with prevailing market conditions)
• The Tenor of the Investment is One year (1 year) with a minimum holding period of 270 days. (We however allow lower number of days based on
request)
• Unlike most other Bond Indexed Mutual funds, whose returns fluctuate in response to the Bond market, this Bond Indexed Investment Notes gives a
guaranteed return for the year notwithstanding the performance of the FGN or CORPORATE bonds in the secondary markets.
• Interest are paid to customers every 90 days with automatic renewal thereafter. ( We also allow customers that have monthly cash flow requirements
to take interest monthly)
• Customers are allowed to break the investments whenever the need for cash arises but will have to forfeit 20% of the accrued interest on the
investments.
• It is open ended and investors are allowed to join in the investment anytime.
• There is an Asset manager fee of 0.5% on the accrued interest.
• The Investment is tax Free as it is tied to the tax Free FGN/ Corporate Bonds
• The Minimum Investment is N1M.
• Investment Holders are allowed to increase their investment whenever they wish to do so
hmmmm abeg who don invest in this bond before

I have not but it looks good. However, why not invest in the bond directly unless you are looking at the cash flow benefits.

That is one of the major reasons why I do Money Market Funds...it is a savings account with better yield.

Also, Zamfara state has a bond with 17% yield and some companies are offering it as a product for 15.5% with minimum holding period of 6 months.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2015
carpenter:

I have not but it looks good. However, why not invest in the bond directly unless you are looking at the cash flow benefits.

That is one of the major reasons why I do Money Market Funds...it is a savings account with better yield.

Also, Zamfara state has a bond with 17% yield and some companies are offering it as a product for 15.5% with minimum holding period of 6 months.

where can I get more details of this?
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 8:52am On Sep 24, 2015
ernie4life:

where can I get more details of this?

Please find attcahed

Re: Mutual Funds by Moses247(m): 9:03am On Sep 24, 2015
carpenter:

which of the banks mutual funds??
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 9:40am On Sep 24, 2015
Moses247:

which of the banks mutual funds??

I do FBN capital but the yield is not as good as what you have above averagely (they average between 13-14% and not guaranteed).

***Modified: wondering when the 0.5% is applied though...for Mutual Funds, what you see is what you get. For this, if they apply their fee on the 13.75, then you end up with 13.25%... then my FBN cap @ 13-14% variable will be better.

However, you can contact Cowry Asset directly if you have the minimum amount they are willing to accept and you do not mind a holding period of 6 months. See the attachment above in the reply to Ernie

http://www.cowryasset.com/asset/index.php
Re: Mutual Funds by Moses247(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2015
carpenter:

I do FBN capital but the yield is not as good as what you have above averagely (they average between 13-14% and not guaranteed).

***Modified: wondering when the 0.5% is applied though...for Mutual Funds, what you see is what you get. For this, if they apply their fee on the 13.75, then you end up with 13.25%... then my FBN cap @ 13-14% variable will be better.

However, you can contact Cowry Asset directly if you have the minimum amount they are willing to accept and you do not mind a holding period of 6 months. See the attachment above in the reply to Ernie

http://www.cowryasset.com/asset/index.php

Sorry what do u mean by not guaranteed ?? is it the capital or The interest??
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2015
Moses247:

Sorry what do u mean by not guaranteed ?? is it the capital or The interest??

Quaranteed in layman terms means stable... you get a certain percentage every month e.g. 13.75% as against variable FBN can be 10%, can be 20%, can be 5% hypothetically speaking.And the capital remains stable also.

Quaranteed could refer to capital or interest or both. It depends on the kind of financial instruments the fund invests in.

For example FBN Money Market Fund, Capital is termed to be quaranteed because they try to maintain a unit value of 100 naira even though yield may differ. However, for FBN Heritage Fund, the capital or interest is not guaranteed because the value of a unit could go up or down and yield can go up or down also ...typical like what you would experience is the stock market.

Quaranteed is however subject to interpretation so it is good to seek for clarification from the Fund manager e.g. KGIF was quaranteed but they clearly said their benchmark was MPR which was around 12-13% for a while. Now they relate to some other term which is lower but they have not done anything wrong. In future, they can decide to match to something that gives 20% which is what I think Fidelity is offering above also.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2015
carpenter:

Please find attcahed

thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
nonyowen:

Make sure you pull all your money out from the scheme latest November. If they survive December , u can start with them again by February. I have had some experience with such schemes and have never been trapped. Key is start when they are new( not more than 3 months) and leave before Dec. If they HV stayed for a while, they must be nearer to the end. Also, don't put money u cannot lose.
I have never gambled with such scheme for more than 3 months.
Re: Mutual Funds by nonyowen: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
carpenter:

Yes 120 on 100k is not 20%. I was referring to if you do not get your money back after 12 months, you would have made 20% on your initial investment...you technically have your 100k back and an additional 20k
oh ok yes ur right
Re: Mutual Funds by nonyowen: 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
mercylicious:

Make sure you pull all your money out from the scheme latest November. If they survive December , u can start with them again by February. I have had some experience with such schemes and have never been trapped. Key is start when they are new( not more than 3 months) and leave before Dec. If they HV stayed for a while, they must be nearer to the end. Also, don't put money u cannot lose.
I have never gambled with such scheme for more than 3 months.
Lol very funny ....but also very true. i heard this one is over a year now tanx for ur opinion tho
Re: Mutual Funds by db15: 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2015
guys i greet. please does anyone have experience with united capital (formerly uba capital) for mutual funds. i will like any info or advice on their services or reliability.

Thanks guys
Re: Mutual Funds by LordCY(m): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
Guys. . . . I don read my eyez don almost fall. . . D tin is I want to start this FBN money market. . . And I want to start with 15k. My question is how many % of my initial capital (15k) will I be getting every month. Please anyone with experience on this should give me more light. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
LordCY:
Guys. . . . I don read my eyez don almost fall. . . D tin is I want to start this FBN money market. . . And I want to start with 15k. My question is how many % of my initial capital (15k) will I be getting every month. Please anyone with experience on this should give me more light. Thanks
Hmmm. FBN Money Market. Their interest rate is okay. The only problem I av with dem is customer care relationship. Not replying mails, sms and fone calls. I av b trying to divest my funds for the past 3 wks, but notin was done abt it. Don't knw if am d only one experiencing this. I av planned to pay dem a visit shortly to expree my displeasure ova d way dey handle my mails n messages.
Give them a trial, possibly, u may not experience wat I am facing now.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by LordCY(m): 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Yem0350:

Hmmm. FBN Money Market. Their interest rate is okay. The only problem I av with dem is customer care relationship. Not replying mails, sms and fone calls. I av b trying to divest my funds for the past 3 wks, but notin was done abt it. Don't knw if am d only one experiencing this. I av planned to pay dem a visit shortly to expree my displeasure ova d way dey handle my mails n messages.
so how much did you invest and how much was your interest monthly
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2015
LordCY:
so how much did you invest and how much was your interest monthly

They don't pay interest...it is called yield.

Around 1% per month conservatively. It hovers around 1-1.1% per month.

on 15k, that will be like 150 naira per month
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:00am On Oct 07, 2015
Yem0350:

Please do...one thing I cannot stand is bad customer service. You can also look at the likes of StanbicIBTC
Re: Mutual Funds by LordCY(m): 7:13am On Oct 07, 2015
carpenter:

thankz alot
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
carpenter:

My oga carpenter...

Please what is the yield of Stanbic IBTC money market fund and investment one VGIF?
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
ukay2:

My oga carpenter...

Please what is the yield of Stanbic IBTC money market fund and investment one VGIF?

Investmentone VGIF is 11% and Stanbic MMF is around 13-14% also
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
carpenter:

Investmentone VGIF is 11% and Stanbic MMF is around 13-14% also

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.